Sponsored

Ran my car for the first time the other day...

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
My I ask a noob question please. Since the A10 doesn't have launch control, is it safe for one to hold the foot brake while slightly pressing on the acclerator until green light?
Sponsored

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
My I ask a noob question please. Since the A10 doesn't have launch control, is it safe for one to hold the foot brake while slightly pressing on the acclerator until green light?
Yes, you can power brake it to about 2000 rpm before the tires start to push or spin. Some have also commented that flashing the converter has yielded good results as well which just means holding brake with left foot, not power braking, and going full on accelerator and off the brake at the same time on green.

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
Yes, you can power brake it to about 2000 rpm before the tires start to push or spin. Some have also commented that flashing the converter has yielded good results as well which just means holding brake with left foot, not power braking, and going full on accelerator and off the brake at the same time on green.
I've got 305 wheels on the rear, would doing so put excessive strain on the half shafts and leading to a breakage? Sorry for the noob questions, it's the first V8 I've owned.

Appreciate the advice.

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I've got 305 wheels on the rear, would doing so put excessive strain on the half shafts and leading to a breakage? Sorry for the noob questions, it's the first V8 I've owned.

Appreciate the advice.
Shouldn’t be an issue on a street tire at stock power levels.
Sponsored