Sponsored

Radio volume knob working opposite of normal.....

Gossomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Ecoboost Premium Convertib
OK, This 2016 is my seventh Mustang and I have never had this one. I have premium audio and when I went to turn my volume down yesterday, turning it counter clockwise increased the volume, turning it clockwise decreased the volume. This was out of nowhere and everything else works properly. I figured it was a gremlin so this morning I tried again and the the volume know is actually doing the opposite of how it's supposed to be. I really don't want to deal with the dealership. Any ideas?
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'd reset the module responsible for that, and see if it helps. It should be either the IPC or BCM. Did you make any FORScan changes recently? Could be a botched change. You could always change it back to factory settings, to see if the issue persists. Good luck.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Did you ever resolve this? It just happened on my 2019 Mustang
I would disconnect the battery for 10 - 20 mins first before I go crazy. How about the volume controls on the steering wheel? Are they reversed, too?

EDIT: Found this on a different Mustang forum:

icon1.gif
volume **** problem
Had the same issue on my 2002 GT. Without dissasembling anything just used a fine nozzel with my air compressor set about 90 psi and simply blew air all around the edge of the **** while rotating back and forth. Did not fix it at first, kept blowing air and rotating for a few minutes and then it was fixed. Must have been dust build up inside the potentiometer.

Hope this saves people some time and money.

Kevin
Sponsored

Last edited: