Race Red 2015 GT Premium Perfomance Pack

OP
OP

ronnies_mustang_5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium Perfomance Pack
Also, a while back I installed a JLT oil separator, cold air intake, and Redline hood struts. Pic below:

Sponsored

OP
OP

ronnies_mustang_5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I watched the CJPP video and they suggested swapping the studs. Any issues using factory? Any tune?
No issues using the factory studs, I guess CJ might have messed them up or something...I think the bolts might have been a little easier, but overall I think it's better to use the factory studs and nuts.

Got an X4 and a Lund tune back when I first got the Cold Air Intake. Gonna do some data logging tonight because the power is very unpredictable right now. Below 3k RPM its sluggish and the very second I get past 3k, it just jumps up and goes! Not a smooth transition at all...definitely need a good tune revision.

Melekith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Since you added the headers later...im guessing your catback was the "factory connect" yes? If so did you buy the SW headers with the factory connect so they would hook right up, or did you have any custom piping done to make it a full 3" connect?

Sponsored

OP
OP

ronnies_mustang_5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since you added the headers later...im guessing your catback was the "factory connect" yes? If so did you buy the SW headers with the factory connect so they would hook right up, or did you have any custom piping done to make it a full 3" connect?
Yes, I originally purchased a factory connect catback, so these headers are also factory connect. Eventually I'm gonna do away with my Stainless Works catback, so I'm not worried about it being 2.5" at the connection point. Honestly, I doubt I'm losing any power anyway, at least until I put a supercharger on the car.

OP
OP

ronnies_mustang_5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ronnie, I demand sound clips now.
Hey bud, by this time tomorrow I will have something either on my instagram or youtube. Instagram will probably happen tonight while I'm datalogging the car. Btw, my Instagram is the same username as my Mustang6g account in case you wanna keep an eye out for more pics/videos.

OP
OP

ronnies_mustang_5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think if you would've gotten the h pipe you'd be a bit happier with it. But that's sounds sick.
Not sure why, I don't like H pipes...now if I had a 1970 big block Chevelle, I'd put an H pipe on it. On a 21st century sports car, nah...I prefer a more high pitched exotic scream.

Sponsored
OP
OP

ronnies_mustang_5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure with those headers, the cabin bass will be ridiculous. Let me know how it is
Im amused by how you refer to it as 'cabin bass' instead of saying 'drone'. People on this forum get butthurt when someone talks about the SW catback having drone.

That being said, the headers haven't increased drone. The car idles slightly louder...past 3,000 RPMs it gets insanely loud...but no increase in drone. I'm actually overall very happy with my whole set up. I might end up keeping the SW catback, unless Roush makes their quad tip catback super affordable.

Koncealed

Koncealed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
It definitely drones I just like saying bass since its really bassy. I wish I could afford headers but can't do it. I can probably do a cai and a tune though.
Sponsored