Race Louver Fender Vents

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Would be interesting to see their wind tunnel result data. I am liking the improvement numbers they are claiming.
I have a golden rule about never guessing the results of an aero mod without real world information, but it's pretty damn rare to find a negative from venting the wheel well. It usually helps everything, from splitter/under nose downforce to cooling & drag. Beyond that, it looks cool.

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
i finally got the upper vent on, after running the lower vent for a few months. testing the combo this weekend.

side note for why i went down this route: hood buffeting got much worse this season, after fencing in all my coolers (i.e., a lot more air to vent from under the hood) - especially bad at speeds > 150. hood is vented and pinned, too. will also be adding splitter tunnels soon, so there's gonna be a lot more air to evacuate. that said, had it up to 165 @ PIR and 175 @ The Ridge last month; the lower vent is definitely doing something, since i experienced *no* buffeting for the first time!

IMG_4954.jpeg

IMG_4956.jpeg

50495472723_ca41365a02_o.jpg

apologies for the WIP pic, but i'm thrashing to get the car ready for OUSCI @ COTA next week; will be sure to take better pics down there.

i'm gonna post up a thread this offseason if anyone is interested in buying some - my friend 3D scanned my fender, designed them in solidworks and waterjetted a set for me. beats the shit out of the OTS options in both size and form - IMO of course :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
i finally got the upper vent on, after running the lower vent for a few months. testing the combo this weekend.

side note for why i went down this route: hood buffeting got much worse this season, after fencing in all my coolers (i.e., a lot more air to vent from under the hood) - especially bad at speeds > 150. hood is vented and pinned, too. will also be adding splitter tunnels soon, so there's gonna be a lot more air to evacuate. that said, had it up to 165 @ PIR and 175 @ The Ridge last month; the lower vent is definitely doing something, since i experienced *no* buffeting for the first time!

IMG_4954.jpeg

IMG_4956.jpeg

apologies for the WIP pic, but i'm thrashing to get the car ready for OUSCI @ COTA next week; will be sure to take better pics down there.

i'm gonna post up a thread this offseason if anyone is interested in buying some - my friend 3D scanned my fender, designed them in solidworks and waterjetted a set for me. beats the shit out of the OTS options in both size and form - IMO of course :)
Hot damn. More pictures please!

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_4954.jpeg

IMG_4956.jpeg

I'm definitely interested in your results at COTA. Keep us posted :)

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
I'm definitely interested in your results at COTA. Keep us posted :)
suffice it to say i never envisioned driving 35 hours each way to texas for the event when the season began, but here we are. logging lots of hours @ COTA in iracing, so hopefully nothing catches me by surprise come race day. i've never had the car over 175 (top of 5th), but i have a feeling there's going to be a shifting decision i need to make going down the back straight..

D K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Popemobile
Did you make the tube bumper or is it an ots unit somewhere?

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Hey guys. Just my opinion. These look horrible. Just an opinion but they legit look terrible. Reminds me of autozone products. If you’re really racing and looks aren’t something that’s important ok. But these are so awkward looking. No mather how hard some one tries these will never fit the aesthetics of the car. Again this is not for guys that really race. I get it. But if this is your street car or daily. Do yourself a favor and don’t do that.

Sponsored

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Did you make the tube bumper or is it an ots unit somewhere?
watson racing

Hey guys. Just my opinion. These look horrible. Just an opinion but they legit look terrible. Reminds me of autozone products. If you’re really racing and looks aren’t something that’s important ok. But these are so awkward looking.
lol... you *do* realize what subforum this is, right? function > form ;)

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
watson racing

lol... you *do* realize what subforum this is, right? function > form ;)
Yup I get it. That’s why I said ”if you race”. Some guys seem to just like this product and the “function” will not benefit some one driving in a highway with a top speed of 125. Just an opinion. Not going to argue or go insult for insult. And ir you really race suspension and power should really be the first thing you’re looking to upgrade. Some of the mods on the cars listed seem to be lacking that. Fender louvers are really the last thing to probably worry about To get that extra tenth.

D K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Popemobile
I just think its really cool that there are people racing these cars hat are willing to cut up fenders and do other mods

Thats sooooo much better than the jdm crowd who pays $599 for moteki lug nuts and a stupid carbon fiber shark fin antennaes.

Yup I get it. That’s why I said ”if you race”. Some guys seem to just like this product and the “function” will not benefit some one driving in a highway with a top speed of 125. Just an opinion. Not going to argue or go insult for insult. And ir you really race suspension and power should really be the first thing you’re looking to upgrade. Some of the mods on the cars listed seem to be lacking that. Fender louvers are really the last thing to probably worry about To get that extra tenth.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Removing inner plastic and put fender vents is definetely not a Daily car move. Especially because all the debrees u collect on the streets who can damage paint and lines (like the fuel lines lol)
I do like the look of mine tho.
But not a daily. At all :)

20200728_155251.jpg

D K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Popemobile
What number transmission are you on Now??

Removing inner plastic and put fender vents is definetely not a Daily car move. Especially because all the debrees u collect on the streets who can damage paint and lines (like the fuel lines lol)
I do like the look of mine tho.
But not a daily. At all :)

20200728_155251.jpg
Sponsored