Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Still 3rd.
Technically 2 and a rebuilt. Got the car back last week from the shop witb the follow upgrades.
1. Multi holes in the plastic filter base
2. Back to ULV fluid( the UV didn't work for me)
3. Finished to upgrade the clutches. (Last time we didnt i stall 1 package of clutches cause we were missing a gasket.
4. (But still a work in progress) removed the internal thermostat in the valvebody for 24/7 flow tonthe cooler. Still didn't work. I think is there is another one somewhere. However preliminary test seems to show a better heat managment. 160f max after 1.5hr driving. Remember the second tranny didn't failed for overheating. But torque converter issue.
Sponsored

D K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Popemobile
Aaaahhhhhh

this is why God made race cars manual!

Still 3rd.
Technically 2 and a rebuilt. Got the car back last week from the shop witb the follow upgrades.
1. Multi holes in the plastic filter base
2. Back to ULV fluid( the UV didn't work for me)
3. Finished to upgrade the clutches. (Last time we didnt i stall 1 package of clutches cause we were missing a gasket.
4. (But still a work in progress) removed the internal thermostat in the valvebody for 24/7 flow tonthe cooler. Still didn't work. I think is there is another one somewhere. However preliminary test seems to show a better heat managment. 160f max after 1.5hr driving. Remember the second tranny didn't failed for overheating. But torque converter issue.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Aaaahhhhhh

this is why God made race cars manual!
Not really. En fact the zl1 1le 10speed works great :)
Also all the DCT are yes manual just because there is not a torque converter.
The chevy counter part doesn't fail like ours. However it all dependa also how fast you are. If i slow my pace by 1-2 sec i can run forever without overheating. ;)

Spademonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP 6MT
Just ordered their top curved RS style fender vents. They actually called me to see if I’d like to wait 2 weeks for their new redesigned version (which I quickly said yes). They apparently did some improvements in CAD utilizing CFD.
Gonna pair these with the trackspec gt4 style hood vents which I should have installed before SCCA track day at chuckwalla on Jan. 2nd. (Won’t have the fender vents installed yet but will update when all are on the car)

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
they did .After wind tunnell testing they are changing shapes.
I will test the new rear fender one.
PS. You should join us for rd1 SUPERGT CUP at big willow on Jan 17!
time trials .
150$ trasponder included.

Just ordered their top curved RS style fender vents. They actually called me to see if I’d like to wait 2 weeks for their new redesigned version (which I quickly said yes). They apparently did some improvements in CAD utilizing CFD.
Gonna pair these with the trackspec gt4 style hood vents which I should have installed before SCCA track day at chuckwalla on Jan. 2nd. (Won’t have the fender vents installed yet but will update when all are on the car)

Sponsored

Spademonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
they did .After wind tunnell testing they are changing shapes.
I will test the new rear fender one.
PS. You should join us for rd1 SUPERGT CUP at big willow on Jan 17!
time trials .
150$ trasponder included.
let me know what you think of the new rear fender ones and I may be persuaded to get them. I’m only venting my front cause I noticed lift at 120-140+ when I was having fun driving with a C8. (And I plan to add some rear end aero)

Also funny enough this’ll be my first track day in my mustang, I’ve done autocrosses for years, and had a track day when I worked for BMW, but never in my 5.0. So I’ll most likely see how it does at chuckwalla then decide what I want to do track day wise from there, but I’ll definitely keep it in mind.

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
just realized I hadn’t posted a follow up pic of the upper vent my friend designed for me:

E54A1261-5AE1-4941-AEC6-2A523209E6FB.jpeg

really pleased with the end result, and any semblance of hood buffeting is gone (even going 170+ @ COTA), which the hood vents alone could not prevent.

Spademonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just realized I hadn’t posted a follow up pic of the upper vent my friend designed for me:

E54A1261-5AE1-4941-AEC6-2A523209E6FB.jpeg

really pleased with the end result, and any semblance of hood buffeting is gone (even going 170+ @ COTA), which the hood vents alone could not prevent.
Hey I just realized, are those large rear vents from racelouvers or did the friend you mention make those? They look quite effective. I was asking cause they look larger with more louvers than the racelouvers option.

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Hey I just realized, are those large rear vents from racelouvers or did the friend you mention make those? They look quite effective. I was asking cause they look larger with more louvers than the racelouvers option.
Both were designed by my friend - he 3D scanned the fender to make it easy to follow the various lines/angles

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
let me know what you think of the new rear fender ones and I may be persuaded to get them. I’m only venting my front cause I noticed lift at 120-140+ when I was having fun driving with a C8. (And I plan to add some rear end aero)

Also funny enough this’ll be my first track day in my mustang, I’ve done autocrosses for years, and had a track day when I worked for BMW, but never in my 5.0. So I’ll most likely see how it does at chuckwalla then decide what I want to do track day wise from there, but I’ll definitely keep it in mind.
20210130_155206.jpg

20210130_173601.jpg

20210130_121706.jpg

Sponsored

Spademonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I started my install of the new RSF fender vents yesterday. Riveting them on tomorrow. This is my progress and method of install. (As far as I know I'm still the first putting out photos and installing these RSF's)

I made sure the top and bottom edges of the vent outline were 1-1/8" to 1-1/4" from the top fender body line (seam between fender and hood) and bottom line (crease where the fender goes flat vertically for the wheel well arch). Also I put the front top corner of the vent 16-5/8" away from the front corner of the fender(measuring along fender to hood seam). I also opted to keep the fender liner intact, so I cut a 13" x 3.5" rectangle out of the fender liner and JB Welded on the mesh I got off Amazon. I also filed and sanded down the entirety of the cut portions of the fender, then applied Rustoleum grey primer as a surface protectant and corrosion preventer.

IMG_1667.jpg

2ABD0148-1ED7-40CA-8774-45AD61A84898.JPG

95F3AF1A-A61C-40C9-BDE0-46B052F5794F.JPG

3867BD55-82F6-4466-AFF3-3B67598D87F7.JPG

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I like the perforated steel behind the vents. That will keep rocks from beating the hell out of them.

Spademonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the perforated steel behind the vents. That will keep rocks from beating the hell out of them.
Yah that was the plan, and as a mostly street driven vehicle that sees track duty it was a necessity so I don't sling rocks at other cars. JB Weld to bond it to my fender liner and some Rhombic 3x6mm mesh off of amazon did the trick
Sponsored