Sponsored

R&T stated that Voodoo is close to 600HP instead of 526HP

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I have zero doubt that a stick car will be in the 7s with ease.. then sit back and listen to all the auto or nothing guys weep a little.

Others : running 8/7's in a a10.. that 10R80 isn't stock. Clutches and drum machining is a must. For me, running 8's in a stick car is way more impressive than running 7's in a auto.
I think Manuel Gomez has put a stock 10R80 into the 8's but it's not going to live long, if another pass for that matter. But yes I think all of SENSIBLE people can agree, if you want to go max effort time, go auto. Fvcking duh. If you wanna just have fun, then go manual.

Let's also review here too that we just about had this whole thing squashed until Dominatrix had stuff his bra and come into a subject completely unrelated to what we were trying to debunk.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I think Manuel Gomez has put a stock 10R80 into the 8's
The engine is bone stock, but the a10 isn't. Clutches & machining ;)
Let's also review here too that we just about had this whole thing squashed until Dominatrix had stuff his bra and come into a subject completely unrelated to what we were trying to debunk.
Lol.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
What machining is done to the A10 and for what? Strength, reliably, smoothness?
The drums, to get more forward clutches in there.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Or is there enough meat to do that while still maintaining integrity?
Doubt it. You can also delete the wave spring and use thinner steels but I wouldn't know where to source that from.

Snake Oiler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'93 Rx-7, '05 Kleemann SLK55, '20 HPE850 GT350
I was watching some show about the roman chariot racing. I found something interesting about it that I think applies to the auto vs stick debate. The 2 horse chariots were the fastest setup around the track and had the best performance as both horses were pulling a central bar. But that was what the rookies started out in. What everyone came to see where the 4 horse chariot races. This added 1 more horse on each side of the center pulling horses. The outside horse were not hooked up to the pulling bar so they were not contributing to the speed. They just made it harder to corner and control and required more room on the crowded track. This is where you found the champion veterans and this is what drew the crowds. While a auto will always be a quicker setup, I prefer the challenge of slipping the clutch on a launch and quick gear changes myself, even if I'm slower with more HP lol
Yes, this was known as a Quadriga (4 horse rig). Tiger Woods remains the only athlete in the world to top $1B in earnings. The 2 greatest Roman Chariot Masters, which lived ~ 100 yrs apart) smoked EVERYONE back then & even today in earnings. Scorpus was the 1st GREAT Chariot Master whom died at 26 yrs old but had attained $14 Billion in today's USDs (he earned Cisteres ;o). The 2nd Great, whom lived ~ 90 yrs later, was Diocletion. Diocletion was smarter & retired at 42 yrs old yet still raced in less matches than Scorpus. He beat Scorpus's earnings by ~ $200 Million & did so by only running in the "Playoffs" where the Whales/Biggest Bet races transpired. Today's football games are like schoolhouse "tag" compared to the Circus Maximus that housed ~ 160,000 spectators (about 3X the typical NFL stadium, or 2X most large CFB stadiums). Stupid facts from a new member - just thought I'd share a little more info based on your excellent Chariot post ;o)

Snake Oiler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'93 Rx-7, '05 Kleemann SLK55, '20 HPE850 GT350
This is about the range we see on all of the baseline dyno runs on the GT350s. I will have to look back at some of the runs but I think we have seen a low of maybe 447-448 and a high of around 473-475 from what I recall. Most are somewhere around 460. I think it has more to do with the quality of the fuel they have been ran on prior to and during the dyno pulls.
I just purchased my '20 GT350 2 months ago from a car collector with ~1,400 miles so I was curious to run a search on this forum (just joined) to see what an established/well respected Automotive enhancement shop would say (individual dyno #s are interesting but you have a much larger sample size! ;o) Cool. Thanks for sharing. Just baselined mine @ 479/410 on a dynojet....seems healthy as a starting point. Love the car so far.

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Thank you all for some good info and some good laughs. Really get a kick out of the "10 speed auto 5.0 is a better drag racer than the GT350," statement. No! Ya think? A car that might as well be called the Shelby RCS (Road Course Special) isn't performing up to a drag race standard that it couldn't care less about? No kidding? What's next, finding out it doesn't go through snow as well as a mach e rally with dedicated snow tires? That's it, I'm selling mine. Good day to you Sir, good day!

Last edited: