Sponsored

R&T stated that Voodoo is close to 600HP instead of 526HP

john@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Omni
I edited my post to show the runs uncorrected and I also swapped the dyno run I was using for the 10 speed car as the one I originally posted was done on the older dyno just hardware/software. Both of these runs were done on the current equipment, so pretty apples to apples. As I'm posting this, I just saw that one was done in the winter and one in the summer, so maybe I should have left it as corrected. I will find a run from a 350 during the same time of year and post that in a bit. The results will be about the same, we are talking a few hp at that point
Sponsored

john@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Omni
I was watching some show about the roman chariot racing. I found something interesting about it that I think applies to the auto vs stick debate. The 2 horse chariots were the fastest setup around the track and had the best performance as both horses were pulling a central bar. But that was what the rookies started out in. What everyone came to see where the 4 horse chariot races. This added 1 more horse on each side of the center pulling horses. The outside horse were not hooked up to the pulling bar so they were not contributing to the speed. They just made it harder to corner and control and required more room on the crowded track. This is where you found the champion veterans and this is what drew the crowds. While a auto will always be a quicker setup, I prefer the challenge of slipping the clutch on a launch and quick gear changes myself, even if I'm slower with more HP lol

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
1st of all this thread isnt off limits to people who don’t own a gt-350, lets get that outta the way. Second of all the primary attributes of a gt-350 is its handling prowess not its so stated 526 crank hp. Not starting any fights, just stating for the power it claims to make it should should roast a stock ten speed gt regardless of the fact that its a manual. Maybe the Tremec transmission gears should be more aggressive, Who knows. Ford should have given it more down low. Or maybe a set of 4:10’s would do the trick. The 2 cars are closer then they should be just going on the hp claims, that’s all I’m saying.
It's 100% the gearing but Ford would never do 4.10+ gears from the factory for various reasons.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
1st of all this thread isnt off limits to people who don’t own a gt-350, lets get that outta the way. Second of all the primary attributes of a gt-350 is its handling prowess not its so stated 526 crank hp. Not starting any fights, just stating for the power it claims to make it should should roast a stock ten speed gt regardless of the fact that its a manual. Maybe the Tremec transmission gears should be more aggressive, Who knows. Ford should have given it more down low. Or maybe a set of 4:10’s would do the trick. The 2 cars are closer then they should be just going on the hp claims, that’s all I’m saying.
You’d still be driving an automatic, that’s all I’m saying.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Anyone complaining about gearing in the GT350 hasn’t spent enough time on the road course or in mountains with their car.

Not saying that’s the only use for the car. Just saying it’s obvious why the gearing was chosen out on track.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
You’d still be driving an automatic, that’s all I’m saying.
Yeah, i like beating up on stick cars. While your playing with your shift nob dildos, I’m walking that ass to gapplebees..

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Be careful, not all sticks are created equal

What, there’s only 1 in the 8’s, and none in the 7’s. The baddest mustang ever produced by Ford has a Dct Automatic, and i know that breaks your heart, but suck it up its where all manual transmissions are going..there is no nobility in shifting anymore, technology has overcome it.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Just for apples to apples on our dyno, baseline numbers for 2018+ 10 speed cars are around 405-420. So on average about 40-50 hp less than the GT350s
Haha I knew it.

Yeah, i like beating up on stick cars. While your playing with your shift nob dildos, I’m walking that ass to gapplebees..
Lol.. Mkay procharged Karen.

Automatics = it's the tune running the 'number' not the driver
Manuals = it's the driver running the 'number' not the tune

Put a monkey in the driver seat of an automatic car and it'll run the some time as you haha.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Haha I knew it.

Lol.. Mkay procharged Karen.

Automatics = it's the tune running the 'number' not the driver
Manuals = it's the driver running the 'number' not the tune

Put a monkey in the driver seat of an automatic car and it'll run the some time as you haha.
Yeah but when i go to the track i see a ton of autos from all makes and classes. where are the stick cars? You may see 3 cars outta 200 cars. I don’t know where them monkeys get their money or know how but they sure do a number on them stick cars. Don’t race for money either because we don't entertain a miss shift clause. You miss a shift you lose.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Every single dyno I've seen of a stock GT350 shows them to be in the 455-470 range depending on weather conditions and dyno type. Anything outside of that would be chalked up to dyno operator error. Time and time again these major magazines have taken vehicles to these dyno sessions and received non-standard numbers. Not sure who they're using out there in California, but they seem to be really struggling with operating their dyno's well.
Yep, pretty much the same as E85 tuned gen 3 coyote. Not to hurt any feelings. That is 530-540 crank range with a manual (gt350). Lol...
Sponsored