Sponsored

[R/T]How Does the Shelby Mustang GT350R Compare to the Boss 302?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
It's hot down here in FL - so I'll let you know after the Sebring Track Tour.
Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I think the Voodoo has a bright future...

I believe Direct-Port Injection is on the way.

I believe the stroke will be reduced to bring the displacement down to 5.0. After DPI (Direct-Port Injection) and the drop in stroke, the Gas Guzzler Tax will be eliminated... and, the engine could approach 9000rpms. This 5.0 Voodoo will still be in the 540-550hp/450-460tq range with DPI.

Secondly, I believe the Voodoo will again return to the Coyote bore using PTWA. While this happens, the "Voodoo Child" will enlarge its cooling passages, by 30-40% :) Keep in mind, this Coyote bored Voodoo will still have a short stroke, slightly shorter than a stock Coyote... for say something around a 289 ;)

... How's 9500rpm and 540hp/450tq sound???

...and NO GAS GUZZLER TAX!!!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Do you mean DI? As in, the injector is in the combustion chamber?

licktensteins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels and a stick
Direct-Port means a hybrid DI system that still has fuel going into the intake porting as a defense against carbon buildup. Toyota has a system like this.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Nac79

NAC15GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Ford Mustang GT with PP
We will be back again in a couple of years. Ford marketing and engineering is doing a great job keeping us coming back to the dealership. I never owned a Boss 302, test drove one and I can't part with my C5Z. However, I wouldn't trade my Boss for the GT350. If I was able to afford both, I would add a GT350 to the stable. Better yet, I would just enjoy what I have. There will be always be another new toy from Ford or Chevy or Dodge down the line that will make the GT350 obsolete. Great read, though.

On second thought, sell those Boss 302 for the new toy, so someone else who will cherish it can buy it.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
These are my two favorite recent Mustangs. Before I started picking up on the rumors about the GT350/350R, I was planning to buy a 2013 black Laguna Seca. Now, I plan to buy a 2017 GT350. One day, I'd still love to snag that Laguna Seca to park alongside it.

Firepath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Nothing special yet
Yes he does. AFAIK the Stock coyote heads were cast with areas to put in DI.
While the inside of the combustion chamber looks like there is a place for it to go, after some reading, it has become apparent that that is not the purpose, there is no room behind it (cams, runners, etc) for the injector to fit.
Sponsored