Sponsored

R production over... at least that’s what the dealer told me about the HEP R I ordered on August

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
So back in August I went and asked my local Ford dealer if he can get me a GT 350 R heritage. A week later they got back to me and said yes. I put a deposit down on the car for an agreed-upon price ($800 off sticker).

After much back-and-forth and some concern after the order books closed I finally heard from the salesman today and he offered me a standard gt350 HEP. I only wanted the R so I declined his offer. He said he spoke to his ford rep and they are not making any more R’s. Is that true or did they never have an allocation for me? Who knows.

i’m fairly dejected at this point and I’m not gonna chase the car if it’s “not meant to be“ as they say.

I will be certainly visiting I will be certainly visiting the spreadsheet thread and probably making some phone calls but is there a dealer that will sell a HEP R at a reasonable price?

I thought my local guy was that guys but I guess not. So here it is. I’m gonna it out there to see if I can get this car.

So basically the reason I ordered this car was because my older brother, nine years my senior, passed away three years ago. He was a big Shelby guy. Big Ford guy. Actually on the 66 Shelby 350 at one point also on several cobra mustangs and other SVT products. Actually the week before he got his diagnosis he had just taken delivery of his 2017 raptor.
He and I often spoke about how cool would be to have a 67 GT 350 in lime gold stripe delete. Well that car is far out of my price range. And to be honest this car is out of my price range but I can reach because this was going to be my rolling tribute to my late brother. He would have loved this car.

Or maybe it’s just time to go find a really nice first gen z/28..... At least it has a backseat so my kids get to go for a ride.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
So back in August I went and asked my local Ford dealer if he can get me a GT 350 R heritage. A week later they got back to me and said yes. I put a deposit down on the car for an agreed-upon price ($800 off sticker).

After much back-and-forth and some concern after the order books closed I finally heard from the salesman today and he offered me a standard gt350 HEP. I only wanted the R so I declined his offer. He said he spoke to his ford rep and they are not making any more R’s. Is that true or did they never have an allocation for me? Who knows.

i’m fairly dejected at this point and I’m not gonna chase the car if it’s “not meant to be“ as they say.

I will be certainly visiting I will be certainly visiting the spreadsheet thread and probably making some phone calls but is there a dealer that will sell a HEP R at a reasonable price?

I thought my local guy was that guys but I guess not. So here it is. I’m gonna it out there to see if I can get this car.

So basically the reason I ordered this car was because my older brother, nine years my senior, passed away three years ago. He was a big Shelby guy. Big Ford guy. Actually on the 66 Shelby 350 at one point also on several cobra mustangs and other SVT products. Actually the week before he got his diagnosis he had just taken delivery of his 2018 raptoSo basically the reason I ordered this car was because my older brother, nine years my senior, passed away three years ago. He was a big Shelby guy. Big Ford guy. Actually on the 66 Shelby 350 at one point also on several cobra mustangs and other SVT products. Actually the week before he got his diagnosis he had just taken delivery of his 2017 raptor.
sorry about your brother, but why did you completely repeat yourself in this paragraph?
And was it a 2018 raptor or a 2017 ?

Also, sounds like your dealer never had an R allocation to begin with, just a regular allocation

OP
OP
anacar312

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
sorry about your brother, but why did you completely repeat yourself in this paragraph?
And was it a 2018 raptor or a 2017 ?

Also, sounds like your dealer never had an R allocation to begin with, just a regular allocation
Sorry about the repeated text. That was strange. I went back to edit the year and somehow duplicated the paragraph? My apologies.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Just get the non R. You will get a back seat for your kids and still own a Voodoo. This is the most amazing car I have ever owned which includes old school mustangs from ‘65 on. Don’t miss the opportunity.
Lost my brother 30 years ago to a rapid and vicious cancer. I feel for ya, man. It’s tough.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
There's a whole thread dedicated to the HEP production. Go look there and pull up all the VINs that are in flight and talk to those dealers who have them inbound. They may not even know they are incoming so may claim ignorance.

Sponsored

OP
OP
anacar312

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
There's a whole thread dedicated to the HEP production. Go look there and pull up all the VINs that are in flight and talk to those dealers who have them inbound. They may not even know they are incoming so may claim ignorance.
On it!!!
Thanks!!!

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
As I stated in another thread, yes, it happens... dealers don’t understand these cars and how the order banks work for the R (even after 5 years of regular production) and they frequently tell people they can order an R then later find out they can’t. Happens way more than it should.

HEP R’s are very hard to come by at MSRP or ADM $5,000 and below. I’ve seen one lad place a hold on a HEP R for an agreed price of MSRP + $2500, but when the car arrived the dealer auctioned it to the higher bidder and he lost out.

As for the answer to your question, the order banks closed 2 OCT and the production of ALL GT350’s will cease this year because they all come on Michelin SC2’s so the operable window of the tires will haste that process.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
As I stated in another thread, yes, it happens... dealers don’t understand these cars and how the order banks work for the R (even after 5 years of regular production) and they frequently tell people they can order an R then later find out they can’t. Happens way more than it should.

HEP R’s are very hard to come by at MSRP or ADM $5,000 and below. I’ve seen one lad place a hold on a HEP R for an agreed price of MSRP + $2500, but when the car arrived the dealer auctioned it to the higher bidder and he lost out.

As for the answer to your question, the order banks closed 2 OCT and the production of ALL GT350’s will cease this year because they all come on Michelin SC2’s so the operable window of the tires will haste that process.
Wow that sucks, do you know how much he put down for a hold? I bet he never got his money back. I made sure to review the contract that I signed to make sure that wouldn't happen to me. I guess maybe for me it wasn't a big deal since it was not a HEP R

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
OP
OP
anacar312

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Looking on Ford's site, looks like Morrie's Minnetonka Ford in MN is getting ........
Thank you!!’ I am in cell phone hell right now with very poor coverage as we are racing our $500 crap can E46 at a LeMons race this weekend.
Lots of calls to make Monday!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
anacar312

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Thank you!!’ I am in cell phone hell right now with very poor coverage as we are racing our $500 crap can E46 at a LeMons race this weekend.
Lots of calls to make Monday!!
Just called the dealer in MN and they have a deposit on it but I left my number just in case the deal falls through. Thanks again!!!

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Wow that sucks, do you know how much he put down for a hold? I bet he never got his money back. I made sure to review the contract that I signed to make sure that wouldn't happen to me. I guess maybe for me it wasn't a big deal since it was not a HEP R
He gave them his credit card to hold it but no currency was given as the dealer refused to take any currency to hold it. They likely had the idea to auction it and thus refused any currency to hold it.
Sponsored