R Owners - Hunter Revolution for CF rims

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R / 2021 Shelby GT500
Is the Hunter Revolution the appropriate touchless tire changing machine that is needed to mount and dismount the tires from the 350R carbon fiber rims? Thanks.
Sponsored

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
Is the Hunter Revolution the appropriate touchless tire changing machine that is needed to mount and dismount the tires from the 350R carbon fiber rims? Thanks.
It sure is.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Yes. My local Ford dealer has one and I’ve swapped tires twice this year and the process is flawless.

OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
That machine is the key.......but ALSO having the key person operating it......

Hunter CF Wheel Training Video
Agreed. Kunes Ford in Delevan, WI understands the unique nature of the GT350R and it’s insane owner that actually insisted on speaking with the tech before bringing the car in for its first service (which was tire swap and splitter install).
Now I deal with only 1 service advisor and 1 tech… and the tech is a dude that builds drag engines on the side. So while the proper machine is essential, it’s useless without the most important tool, an engaged human brain.

OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Agreed. Kunes Ford in Delevan, WI understands the unique nature of the GT350R and it’s insane owner that actually insisted on speaking with the tech before bringing the car in for its first service (which was tire swap and splitter install).
Now I deal with only 1 service advisor and 1 tech… and the tech is a dude that builds drag engines on the side. So while the proper machine is essential, it’s useless without the most important tool, an engaged human brain.
Total understood and agreed. There are only two shops I know of in my "area" (like a 50+ mile radius) that have a Hunter Revolution. Spoke to the manager at the closest shop (Goodyear retail store) and he wants his most experienced tech to do the job, but said that tech first needs to review / evaluate the CF rims and make sure they are comfortable doing the work.

If this Goodyear shop says no, I know for sure of one other shop about 25 miles away that has a Hunter Revolution and that shop does work for other 350R owners.

My large Ford dealer won't touch them and most other reputable tire shops do not have the touchless Revolution machine.

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
Total understood and agreed. There are only two shops I know of in my "area" (like a 50+ mile radius) that have a Hunter Revolution. Spoke to the manager at the closest shop (Goodyear retail store) and he wants his most experienced tech to do the job, but said that tech first needs to review / evaluate the CF rims and make sure they are comfortable doing the work.

If this Goodyear shop says no, I know for sure of one other shop about 25 miles away that has a Hunter Revolution and that shop does work for other 350R owners.

My large Ford dealer won't touch them and most other reputable tire shops do not have the touchless Revolution machine.
Steve, don't you remember me telling on the phone about my buddy, who has a 2018 GT350R, that has the Revolution and does all my tire changes. He's just past 252 off Rte 18. He's changed my CF's at least 20 times and is really careful. You'd be crazy to go to anyone else because you don't know what you will get.

Jim

Sponsored
OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Steve, don't you remember me telling on the phone about my buddy, who has a 2018 GT350R, that has the Revolution and does all my tire changes. He's just past 252 off Rte 18. He's changed my CF's at least 20 times and is really careful. You'd be crazy to go to anyone else because you don't know what you will get.

Jim
That's right - I'm an idiot. Doug at Quality Automotive, right? I remember you said his shop had a Hunter Revolution, but I forgot that Doug is also a 350R owner and also very experienced with the handling of the CF rims. He is the obvious go-to man for the job.

Thanks Jim.

Future_gt350_owner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150, 2004 PT Cruiser, 2005 GSXR 750
That machine works great. I just installed tires on a R this past week at the shop I work at. I wouldn’t attempt to replace them on another machine.

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
That's right - I'm an idiot. Doug at Quality Automotive, right? I remember you said his shop had a Hunter Revolution, but I forgot that Doug is also a 350R owner and also very experienced with the handling of the CF rims. He is the obvious go-to man for the job.

Thanks Jim.
Yep that’s him.

OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Are you guys just calling your tire shop or Ford dealer and asking if they have this machine?
Somewhat. Ford dealer in our area - which is a large dealer - does not have one and most other tire shops do not. So mainly word of mouth with other high-end car owners to find out who has one and who has experience using it.
Sponsored