Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
What’s the preferred method?
I’ve just been dropping it from 8-12”
-J
Whatever you are comfortable with. AFAIK, Ford did nothing to correct the hood issues. I believe it is still the same hood as is from 2020.

Me? What do I do? When its in the garage on a battery tender, I just push the hood down to engage the latches. When I am going to drive it, I press down on the center of the leading edge of the hood to engage the main hood latch. I don't drop my hood unless I am going out on the track.
But that's just me.

I believe the key is adjusting the rubber stops so that there isn't a bunch of force pushing on the hood when it is latched. That is what I believe caused a bunch of the hoods to crack.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
tom, are the rubber stops the main reason for the release latch to be very hard to pull?
That is one of the reasons. Another for the latches to become difficult to operate is that Ford wasn't lubricating them and the cars sit outside for long periods of time during manufacture and transportation.

Two things you can do to ensure you don't have issues is to make sure your stops are adjusted correctly and also to lube the latches as indicated.

Whether folks want to drop their hoods or not is up to them. I don't because I have painted on stripes and a 3 stage color. I don't want to replace the hood. The thought of matching that paint......

Edit:
I believe Ford's TSB pertaining to cracked hoods was bondo. Yes, bondo.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Whatever you are comfortable with. AFAIK, Ford did nothing to correct the hood issues. I believe it is still the same hood as is from 2020.
As I recall, Ford modified the newer hoods and actually removed the strengthening ribs that were cracking. There are pics here somewhere. (See post #31 in the thread below)
As Tom said, Ford released a fix that just bondo’ed over the cracks and repaint.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2020-2021-gt500-hood-inner-panel-crack-s-tsb.160039/
Sponsored

Last edited: