Quietest axel-back exhaust

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
ARH or Ford Performance by Borla Touring.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'll start looking for a H pipe. Thanks for the heads up
Stock with resonator delete is super tinny sounding. Pair the resonator with a quieter set of mufflers. The Roush is among the three loudest.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'll start looking for a H pipe. Thanks for the heads up
There is mixed reviews for a H pipe with the stock mufflers. Stock exhaust on the highway is reasonably quiet even at 3k RPM. I'd prefer to have the Active exhaust, like on the 2019.

Deleted member 35786

Stock with resonator delete is super tinny sounding. Pair the resonator with a quieter set of mufflers. The Roush is among the three loudest.
Yea I agree, I do not like that tinny sound at all. It will be a nice quiet axle back for me, retaining my stock resonator.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
A couple of weeks ago I purchased a 2016 GT with a Roush axle-back exhaust already installed on it. I am not the type who likes a very loud/drone heavy exhaust. Any suggestions on what I should replace it with?
Stock stuff. Very quiet.

The car is silent on the freeway. Very nice.

stang-man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GTPP
I used the Borla/Ford Sport muffler... gives it some tone without being to loud.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Just go back to stock. A lot of these systems that everyone are mentioning are straight through. While yes some of those systems are quiet, you get on them and they BARK. And that's because they are straight through. As the exhaust and sound energy increases and moves faster, the muffling effect gets less and less.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I have the FP touring cat back. I'm quite pleased with it. If I remember correctly it may be quieter than the roush ax back that a friend had, but it barks on cold starts.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Another vote for the Ford Performance Touring axle back, with the stock resonator. Love mine, not obnoxious at all.

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Try to meet up with some folks from a Mustang club meet or go to car meets and have a listen to different setups. There's nothing like hearing an exhaust in-person vs a YouTube video.

Tomlouns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
There is mixed reviews for a H pipe with the stock mufflers. Stock exhaust on the highway is reasonably quiet even at 3k RPM. I'd prefer to have the Active exhaust, like on the 2019.
Anyone done any sound testing with various combinations? I really want to run Laguna Seca but they have a 93db limit. I know im well over that with an X-pipe and the FP by Borla Sport mufflers, I wonder if switching to the touring versions would get me even close to that? I have heard Laguna will often let it slide if your close like 94-95db, and once you know where they are checking you can just lift a little to get under.
How do they measure that... if you are at idle you will pass or even at 2-3K RPM... but at WOT you are way above that even with full factory...

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I am not sure for GT's, but I just ordered an AWE touring axle back for my ecoboost, I like the sound and people say no drone and not too bad. a quieter MBRP essentially, but a GT with it could be a different story.

Not cheap though.

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
Put on the exhaust system from an Eco Boost 4 Banger,that will quiet things down for you,also NO drone,you will love it !
Sorry, Blue Horse...
You thought you were funny -FAIL
You bashed the Ecoboost -FAIL
You received no likes -FAIL

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I really like my Magnaflow Street. Little bit of drone, but not bad enough to complain. Love the deep tone. It’s a real head turner and not like “God, listen to that asshole....”

A good compromise between stock and stupid loud, but I doubt it is the quietest.

I bet you can get a take off stock exhaust for next to nothing, and it will surely be quieter than the typical aftermarket exhaust.
Sponsored