Sponsored

Quiet startup - outside of quiet start hours

Ezatnova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Base HE
I needed to start the car today in quiet mode due to the wife being on a work call. I powered up the car and put the exhaust mode into quiet (heard the valves changing). However when. I started the ending, it reverted back to normal and do not start quietly.

Seems odd that there is no way to ad-hoc start the car in quiet mode outside of the scheduled quiet start hours?
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
That is correct. You cannot force it to start in any mode other than “normal” unless you have the “quiet start” function enabled. You can change the quiet mode window while in accessory mode before you start the engine.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
That is correct. You cannot force it to start in any mode other than “normal” unless you have the “quiet start” function enabled. You can change the quiet mode window while in accessory mode before you start the engine.
Correct, for this to work as stated above you’d need to change your quiet start timing window while in aux mode. Then shut the car off for it to save. That has been my experience with it at least.

OP
OP
Ezatnova

Ezatnova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Base HE
Correct, for this to work as stated above you’d need to change your quiet start timing window while in aux mode. Then shut the car off for it to save. That has been my experience with it at least.
Wow, crazy. Seems like a big miss from Ford engineers on this one. Frankly, I think you should also be able to force start it in Track mode too, but I understand that could have to do with noise regulations. Preventing quiet starts without a 2 minute menu change drill though is just ridiculous.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Wow, crazy. Seems like a big miss from Ford engineers on this one. Frankly, I think you should also be able to force start it in Track mode too, but I understand that could have to do with noise regulations. Preventing quiet starts without a 2 minute menu change drill though is just ridiculous.
Totally agree, it would be great to just select quiet mode from the menu when needed and then start.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ezatnova

Ezatnova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Base HE
yes and no. I disrupted my wife’s meeting and got flak for it, all because the car can’t perform a basic function.

It’s just ridiculous that Ford couldn’t make the toggle stitch which toggles the mode (you can hear the flaps) NOT actually stay in the mode when it starts.

…also stupid that the toggle switches only go one way

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yeah unfortunately auxiliary mode then change exhaust mode to quiet then start the car (without turning off auxiliary mode) is your only option outside of setting quiet start 24 hours a day to cover any unexpected times when you need quiet start.

Maybe if enough people complain about it Ford would issue a software update to allow better options in that regard but that’s probably wishful thinking on my part

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
yes and no. I disrupted my wife’s meeting and got flak for it, all because the car can’t perform a basic function.

It’s just ridiculous that Ford couldn’t make the toggle stitch which toggles the mode (you can hear the flaps) NOT actually stay in the mode when it starts.

…also stupid that the toggle switches only go one wag
I'd probably sell it.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Yeah unfortunately auxiliary mode then change exhaust mode to quiet then start the car (without turning off auxiliary mode) is your only option outside of setting quiet start 24 hours a day to cover any unexpected times when you need quiet start.

Maybe if enough people complain about it Ford would issue a software update to allow better options in that regard but that’s probably wishful thinking on my part
That's what I did. I set quiet start from midnight to 11 PM to cover pretty much all the starts since the car echos really bad in my garage with the Borla exhaust. I then back out the garage and flip to my mode (track exhaust, comfort steering, normal suspension) and letter rip.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Maybe folks should just stop bitching about stupid little shit and go enjoy their cars. Ford gave us an awesome feature with a well thought out means to override it. If it takes a few seconds of your precious little life to use it just shut up and do it.

God, I’m so tired of the “Karen’s” on this forum.

Sorry, rant over. :explode: :curse:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Was about to say buying a romping car and whining about how loud it is ......... pathetic.

Go buy the EV and leave the rest of the car world alone. We don't want, need no sticking pussy ass car.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Maybe folks should just stop bitching about stupid little shit and go enjoy their cars. Ford gave us an awesome feature with a well thought out means to override it. If it takes a few seconds of your precious little life to use it just shut up and do it.

I don’t disagree, I have mine set to quiet start from 10pm to 8am and that covers all my bases. And I use auxiliary mode to cold start in track mode every now and then (glorious!) and it’s super easy. Just thought I’d mention the complaints as an option as it known (at least in the Shelby sub forums) that Ford monitors what is said here from time to time.

Anyway, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and everyone here as well!

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT

It’s going to be okay.