Sponsored

Quiet-ish catback? Is there such a thing?

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
So my current setup is Stainless Power longtubes/off-road, Corsa Sport with double X. Full three inch all the way. There is absolutely zero drone, but I’m getting older and I’d like the car to be about 50% quieter. When I go past 25% throttle this damn thing wakes the dead. I was planning on adding some Vibrant resonators, but I don’t think it’s going to bring the volume down substantially. Looking for suggestions…

New exhaust must haves:
-3”
-quad tips that fit Roush rear valance
-minimal drone if any
BCEB24E8-6575-4CFE-BF4D-494FAD4DF63B.jpeg
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
Magnaflow Street is pretty quiet. Pretty low deep sound.

MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust Kit 3" Street Series Stainless Steel With 4" Polished Quad Tips Mustang GT
MagnaFlow: 19370

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford Performance by Borla Touring (or S, drops the resonators) comes in 3" and quad. I use a Steeda H-pipe instead of the resonator on the 2.5" version and it's plenty civil.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
MF Tru X and just about anything behind it would be almost stock like quiet. Possibly too quiet though based on requirement.

Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I believe the mf tru-x necks down internally.

OP you might consider adding a stainlessbros 3” in/out muffler in the place of the resonator.

The corsa basically has Helmholtz reflectors that muffle the low frequencies but let the higher ones through. An absorptive muffler like the stainlessbros muffles high frequencies, so they complement each other. The stainlessbros is the only resonator/muffler I could find that’s true 3”.

ToughSpecs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Edge
I’d honestly advise against the Magnaflow Street if he’s wanting to keep it drone free. Unbearable between 1200-2100. I just switched from that to Corsa Sport and couldn’t be happier.

Magnaflow Street is pretty quiet. Pretty low deep sound.

MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust Kit 3" Street Series Stainless Steel With 4" Polished Quad Tips Mustang GT
MagnaFlow: 19370

ToughSpecs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Edge
I did have Magnaflow Street on mine and couldn’t stand the drone. My 75 year old neighbor commented that he’s mad he can’t use my car as an alarm clock since I switched to the Corsa Sport, for what it’s worth.

So my current setup is Stainless Power longtubes/off-road, Corsa Sport with double X. Full three inch all the way. There is absolutely zero drone, but I’m getting older and I’d like the car to be about 50% quieter. When I go past 25% throttle this damn thing wakes the dead. I was planning on adding some Vibrant resonators, but I don’t think it’s going to bring the volume down substantially. Looking for suggestions…

New exhaust must haves:
-3”
-quad tips that fit Roush rear valance
-minimal drone if any
BCEB24E8-6575-4CFE-BF4D-494FAD4DF63B.jpeg

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I did have Magnaflow Street on mine and couldn’t stand the drone. My 75 year old neighbor commented that he’s mad he can’t use my car as an alarm clock since I switched to the Corsa Sport, for what it’s worth.
Was the Magnaflow Street cat back bolted up to the standard system with resonator and still droned?

Sponsored

M-Driver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
AWE Touring has also a no drone technology built in the resonator. I like the non raspy sound of the system. It is available in dual or quad tip chrome or nice black. This would be my exhaust if it were street legal in my country.

ToughSpecs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Was the Magnaflow Street cat back bolted up to the standard system with resonator and still droned?
No. Magnaflow Street does not come with a resonator and bolts directly to the factory headers. I have ARH longtubes. Both with and without cats.

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I believe the mf tru-x necks down internally.

OP you might consider adding a stainlessbros 3” in/out muffler in the place of the resonator.

The corsa basically has Helmholtz reflectors that muffle the low frequencies but let the higher ones through. An absorptive muffler like the stainlessbros muffles high frequencies, so they complement each other. The stainlessbros is the only resonator/muffler I could find that’s true 3”.
Great info, been following your exhaust pressure testing thread and looking for something like this myself.

Is this the resonator you're referring to?
https://www.stainlessbros.com/3-dualdual-ss304-thin-oval-muffler-17-oal--polished.html

White_Bear_92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Base 10 speed
Ford Performance by Borla Touring (or S, drops the resonators) comes in 3" and quad. I use a Steeda H-pipe instead of the resonator on the 2.5" version and it's plenty civil.
This is what I have with the FP by Borla resonator in place. Sounds great while being civil. Deep, smooth tone.
Sponsored