Sponsored

Quickjack 5000SLX Review with the 350 & Swisstrax

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I had bought the 7000 version about 4 years ago and did not like it. There was a variation between left and right both raising and going down. It was minor but I did not like it. It also raises the bottom of the car up by maybe 20” at most which is not enough for doing exhaust/driveshaft/shifter linkage work I was looking to do. Could you do it? You could but it wouldnt be easy. I needed an extra set of hands when doing driveshaft and linkage and there is no way you can have two people fit under quickjack. I also had instances in the past 4 years where I needed to get my 4 ft breaker bar to loosen bolts as well as the big torque wrench. You simply cannot do that stuff under QJ. If you are doing oil change, tires, brakes, its great. But its not as easily portable as it looks. You have to carry 100 lbs x 2 rails, then the pump, connect hoses etc

It was this experience why I returned it and paid a bit more and bought a 4 post lift. I have ceiling restrictions but I can lift the GT350 up to 4th lock which allows me to get under the car sitting down on a creeper and not hit my head anywhere. I later on bought the sliding scissor jack attachment which allows me to lift either front or rear of the car if I need to. I can also use that jack as a way to support/lower things like transmission or full exhaust.

The cost of QJ 7000 when I bought it was $1700-1800. I paid $2400 for the 4 post lift. I paid $800-900 for the scissor attachment. So its $1500 more but well worth it. The lift is far more stable and versatile.
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I had bought the 7000 version about 4 years ago and did not like it. There was a variation between left and right both raising and going down. It was minor but I did not like it. It also raises the bottom of the car up by maybe 20” at most which is not enough for doing exhaust/driveshaft/shifter linkage work I was looking to do. Could you do it? You could but it wouldnt be easy. I needed an extra set of hands when doing driveshaft and linkage and there is no way you can have two people fit under quickjack. I also had instances in the past 4 years where I needed to get my 4 ft breaker bar to loosen bolts as well as the big torque wrench. You simply cannot do that stuff under QJ. If you are doing oil change, tires, brakes, its great. But its not as easily portable as it looks. You have to carry 100 lbs x 2 rails, then the pump, connect hoses etc

It was this experience why I returned it and paid a bit more and bought a 4 post lift. I have ceiling restrictions but I can lift the GT350 up to 4th lock which allows me to get under the car sitting down on a creeper and not hit my head anywhere. I later on bought the sliding scissor jack attachment which allows me to lift either front or rear of the car if I need to. I can also use that jack as a way to support/lower things like transmission or full exhaust.

The cost of QJ 7000 when I bought it was $1700-1800. I paid $2400 for the 4 post lift. I paid $800-900 for the scissor attachment. So its $1500 more but well worth it. The lift is far more stable and versatile.
Meh, I gotta disagree with you on all that, but only from the aspect of highlighting that experiences are different. Yours is yours. I have had a complete 180° different experience with my QuickJack. I've done exhaust/shifter/tranny/everything else kinda work on my two cars (350 & S197) with exhaust work and two people underneath both of them...on jack stands. And my QuickJack raises my cars up several several more inches (what feels like feet) higher than I ever had it on stands. I'm sure ones physical dimensions also come into play on this topic as well. I am not a huge guy.

Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely think a 4 post is the cats meow and only decided against it for a few reasons; didn't want to give up the real estate in the garage for how I use it, and didn't want the added expense of having to buy extras to accommodate wheel removal. Again, not disagreeing with ya, just another perspective for guys on the fence about buying. The QuickJack has very very quickly (no pun intended) turned into one of those tools I shoulda bought a loooonnnggggg time ago.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Purchased the QJ 5 months ago, did an oil change, hung it on the wall.

Fast forward, installing axel backs, raising the car one side howling but the car went up fine.

When finished, lowering the, same noise, checking air charge (BTW: QJ spec, every 6 months: ref paper work), verifying, the specs, and no air in fluid.

day 1, Call the Techsupport, via email a case was assigned. With a case number sent description of the problem.

day 2, Response was possible dry seal lube the piston rod, & cycle.

day 2, Lubed the seal cycled the jack a number of times, problem continued.

1 hour, responded with the results, added some more detail.

10 min responce
Thank you for the confirmation.
Must be the seal that is folded.
I will be sending a replacement cylinder on Order# 472020.
The system will automatically provide tracking information once it has been sent out.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Techsupport, good operation, fast response, customer support very good.

Quick Jack worth the price, hangs on the wall out of the way. Only real reason I purchased it

Could not convince myself that jacking the Mustang from the sides. Raising the whole car was something I wanted to do regularly .

A jack moves as a car is lifted. If the jack hangs on a pebble, nut, bolt, crack or trash on the floor.

The small wheel diameter + car weight, an ant could cause the jack to stall. Continuing to raise the car the jack pad begins to move, slide out of position.

However jacking a car from the rear or front, the wheels of the car will rotate should the jack wheel get hung. Holding the placement of the jack pad fixed (lifting point of contact)

Food for thought

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
My experience with the Quickjack support has been frustrating so far. Mine showed up with a part missing so I submitted a ticket. They responded quickly saying they would overnight me a replacement.

Then they never shipped anything. Called them back and they apologized and said someone didn't check the box to actually ship the order and they would get the order moving and have it shipped overnight.

Finally got the shipping notification and it's being sent UPS Ground from the other side of the country. I guess I'm using the jack and jackstands for my project this weekend instead of the Quickjack that has been sitting in the garage for two weeks.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
My experience with the Quickjack support has been frustrating so far. Mine showed up with a part missing so I submitted a ticket. They responded quickly saying they would overnight me a replacement.

Then they never shipped anything. Called them back and they apologized and said someone didn't check the box to actually ship the order and they would get the order moving and have it shipped overnight.

Finally got the shipping notification and it's being sent UPS Ground from the other side of the country. I guess I'm using the jack and jackstands for my project this weekend instead of the Quickjack that has been sitting in the garage for two weeks.

So a mistake was made , your getting the part. BTW what was missing ?

I am not perfect myself, shit happens, and deal with it. I will acknowledge good service.

Your call on the jack and jack stand dance, but I'd wait. Already are in this 2 weeks, hold off get the part.

Use the QJ, you'll be please with the $$$ spent and happly surprised how nice it is.

Just saying, have ants in the pants whenever I have someting I want to do, so understand.

Cheers

Sponsored

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
So a mistake was made , your getting the part. BTW what was missing ?

I am not perfect myself, shit happens, and deal with it. I will acknowledge good service.

Your call on the jack and jack stand dance, but I'd wait. Already are in this 2 weeks, hold off get the part.

Use the QJ, you'll be please with the $$$ spent and happly surprised how nice it is.

Just saying, have ants in the pants whenever I have someting I want to do, so understand.

Cheers
You're right, they've been nice to work with. I'm just excited to use it and was bummed I didn't get it this weekend.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I use the shortest blocks they have and then put these on all four corners of the pinch welds.
Potauto Universal Aluminum Grooved Magnetic Jack Pad Jacking Puck Pinch Weld Frame Rail Adapter (Red (0.39")) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078J55SBW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_xa3IFbR5VGZ0K

What you’ll see is the weight of the jack pad really press against the robber blocks. However no damage to the skirts will occur.

it really works well.

DOOOOOD! These things are f%&$ing amazing. Fit great and I'd guess they add a solid 3" of lift to the car. Using the rubber blocks that come with the lift, the pinch weld really sinks down into the rubber block. But with these pad on there, that doesn't happen. First, the pad sits on the rail and hangs down from the pinch weld a solid inch or so. Then when you lift the car up, these pads do not sink down into the rubber block at all. These two things combined amount to, like I said, a car a good 3" or so further up in the air when lifted. That's noticeable.

And finally, on my RaceDeck....

ZrWzSWj1ThaHh7%OJXRWEg.jpg
Sponsored