OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
yeah, my reservoir collapsed in when I was lifting the car.

I probably didn't have to replace it with a new one. But he new one was only $40 so I didn't mind replacing it.

after I removed the damaged one I was able to bend it back into shape so I kept it in my basement.
Oh, maybe that's why I didn't have any issues. I was just releasing it. To clear up floor space, I set the pump and disconnected the hoses to the side. Any time I move it, I close the breather valve to avoid any spills. I just forgot to undo it when it came time to lowering the car.
Sponsored

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Oh, maybe that's why I didn't have any issues. I was just releasing it. To clear up floor space, I set the pump and disconnected the hoses to the side. Any time I move it, I close the breather valve to avoid any spills. I just forgot to undo it when it came time to lowering the car.

Yea, forgetting to open the bleeder valve is not a major issue when you are lowering the lift. I don’t think the pump is strong enough to cause the plastic fluid reservoir to explode if the bleeder is not cracked.

I used to close the bleeder as well after each use. But, after this experience I’m choosing to leave it slightly open, if I get a little spillage I don’t mind.

I’d hate to cause damage to the pump because I forgot to open the bleeder valve again.

Suiken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
I've had QuickJacks for two years and they are great !!! No negatives to report. If you are uneasy about the rust, call customer service. They may ask you to send them a picture in an email. They are really good, I crushed my ATF reservoir on the power unit last time I used my quickjacks because I forgot to open the breather cap. I called them and they were really helpful, even after confirming that my unit was out of warranty. Last year I had to replace one of the quick disconnect fittings under warranty because the rubber o rings inside were chewed up. After a phone call and an email with a picture of the bad fitting, they sent a replacement in the mail.

If you do your own services, oil changes, brake jobs, or anything under the car for that matter, the quickjacks are a great investment.
So the rust is it kind of ok to use? But if I am uneasy about it they probably will replace it?

So even tho your warranty is over, they still replaced it?

Leaf blower it like the other gentleman said. It will get a dust of cloud out.

I forgot to open my breather reservoir too just today in fact. Kind of disappointed because there's a large yellow stick that is supposed to remind us! lol. Anyways, I was excited to get the car off the quickjacks since it was 3 days on the stands while I took on sway & springs install.

So your reservoir actually crushed towards the inside? Thankfully mine didn't do anything.
I have the self breathing vent, I wonder if I need to clean it once awhile, sometimes I don't use it and dirt gets collected up.

OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
So the rust is it kind of ok to use? But if I am uneasy about it they probably will replace it?

So even tho your warranty is over, they still replaced it?
I have the self breathing vent, I wonder if I need to clean it once awhile, sometimes I don't use it and dirt gets collected up.
You probably want to reach out to QuickJack for support. We're just consumers so our level of help is simply just feedback which doesn't quite go very far compared to reaching out to QuickJack who can actually replace and professionally recommend how to solve these problems in the long run including if they return after the warranty expires.

Everyone has the self breathing vent, however, you still have to " Per the user’s manual it needs to be loosened 1/4-1/2 a turn counterclockwise from closed before use, and re tightened for transport/storage to prevent leaking."

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Lol! Similar taste in floors and cars. The only gripe is that the Swisstrax is hell on your knees.
IMG_2588.jpg
I have a like new QuickJack 5000SLX for sale in Salem,OR if a member is interested?

Last edited:

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I'm gonna have to bust up this group and post pics of mine on RaceDeck...LOL;) (mine's OTW)

Questions though...you guys just use any old tranny fluid in it?

And is this this full up or full down only? Or can you stop at intermediate positions for use?

OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I'm gonna have to bust up this group and post pics of mine on RaceDeck...LOL;) (mine's OTW)

Questions though...you guys just use any old tranny fluid in it?

And is this this full up or full down only? Or can you stop at intermediate positions for use?
There are two heights and the picture was taken at the lowest setting. However, There are two locking sections that dictate the height. I never use any old tranny fluid because of death. haha. However, a quart to take care of the pump and lines should just cost 4 dollars a quart. I forget how many are actually needed. The only thing I've done is top the pump off. I don't see any value in flushing the pump. Not like it gets dirty or is exposed to the weather. It has to be used indoors (garage) per the manual. I would not advise in not having it in a locking position. For example, if it was not locked and your child came into the garage and saw the control box they may push the down button to play with it. You'd have 0 time to save yourself. However, if it was locked and your child played with the control box. You actually would have time to get out of harms way.

Last edited:

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
I have RaceDeck instead but I have a bunch of squares and rectangular sections of 1/8" brown HDF board cut to put under jacks and jack stands to prevent damage to the floor.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Are you guys putting these Lego rubber blocks right under the pinch welds? I’m doing that, it works great, but the welds really settle down into the block, and then the plastic side skirts start to deform because they’re getting pressed against the blocks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I use the shortest blocks they have and then put these on all four corners of the pinch welds.
Potauto Universal Aluminum Grooved Magnetic Jack Pad Jacking Puck Pinch Weld Frame Rail Adapter (Red (0.39")) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078J55SBW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_xa3IFbR5VGZ0K

What you’ll see is the weight of the jack pad really press against the robber blocks. However no damage to the skirts will occur.

it really works well.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yeah, those are neat. There’s a few companies that make those. That would be perfect, wouldn’t it?!

ZL1 Addons is another brand I’ve heard good things about.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I use the shortest blocks they have and then put these on all four corners of the pinch welds.
Potauto Universal Aluminum Grooved Magnetic Jack Pad Jacking Puck Pinch Weld Frame Rail Adapter (Red (0.39")) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078J55SBW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_xa3IFbR5VGZ0K

What you’ll see is the weight of the jack pad really press against the robber blocks. However no damage to the skirts will occur.

it really works well.
Just got four of these. I can’t imagine paying 4X as much for the ZL1’s. No way there’s any significant difference.

OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Just got four of these. I can’t imagine paying 4X as much for the ZL1’s. No way there’s any significant difference.
There are so many parts that are basically identically or marginally different that comes from the same supplier with the only difference that their marked up to a value the brand may be able to sell. Functions the same and I'm glad another member recommended it. I've had the car on quickjacks for a full week with no issues with these pucks on.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Looks like the Quickjack 5000 bundle at Costco is going to be on sale for $1159 for their Christmas deals. Not sure if that is a good price or not. The non-bundle (which doesn't include the pads and hangers) is normally $1199.