Sponsored

Quickjack 5000SLX Review with the 350 & Swisstrax

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Overall, the setup is very simple. My recommendation is to follow the instructions to the T and if needed uses this video below as a visual. The only tools I needed were a bike pump, 6mm hex wrench, adjustable wrench, and second adjustable wrench wouldn't be a bad idea but I used a adjustable locking plier as it was 10 pm and too late to go to the store. The only difficult part of this whole process was obviously lifting the frames and giving it your hand/elbow to torque it down. A lot of these components require torque? I don't know how else anyone could torque this but I'm willing to learn. haha
https://www.quickjack.com/setup-video/

My setup is little different than many but not rare either. I got swisstrax on the floor.. Part of the reason I went with the QuickJacks purchase was I noticed my previous individual jack stands were damaging the swisstrax a little. You could see there was an indention being made after each use. Not a big deal tho, you can easily swap out an individual piece of swisstrax. With the QuickJacks, no damage to the swisstrax was made. Bonus!

Things to know with QuickJacks
-As the car is raised the rear tires on the 350 gives it a bit of resistant. Most likely do the the e-brake, I did not see anywhere about releasing that first so just an fyi, it may create some wear and tear on the ebrake system. Probably not any to worry about.
-As you're coming down and about to settle the car down, let's say 4 inches before it hits the floor the quickjack system may move a bit as the tires begin to connect with the floor. This may not occur with concrete as the swisstrax allow things to slide easily
-With Swisstrax you can easily glide the QJs underneath the car but this may be considered a undesired behavior.
-Medium blocks that are included work the best and do not invest in the QJ Pinch Weld blocks as there are better systems out there like the (0.39") size below: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078J55SBW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
-I overfilled the reservoir on the power unit at 2 1/2 quarts so I would suggest pour the 2 quarters and then pour the rest 100 ml at a time. You need to be 1/2 an inch from the fill hole and it comes fast.
-Do not test the quickjacks with just your body at any time. You'll have a lot of fun coming up with ways to put weight on the system so it can come down. Try to listen to what they say and actually use a car to test it out with; it will be fine.

unnamed.jpg

Storing it away? it's heavy. I'd suggest one on the left sidewall and another on the opposite wall. Obviously it may be an eye sore to some but it would be the most efficient way to carry these to the car when it's time. @nmp1 offered a great picture on how he hung his on the wall. QJ does sell their own mount bracket if you prefer to go down that route.
eca7214a-1f7c-4363-afef-4ab069e1056b-jpeg.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

fpGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Dodge Viper RT10, 09 Mercedes AMG C63, 18 Shelby GT350
Love the Swisstrax floor!

OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
@fpGT350 i love it too. I spend just the same amount of time in the garage as I do in the office. Practically a second living space.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
...-As the car is raised the rear tires on the 350 gives it a bit of resistant. Most likely do the the e-brake, I did not see anywhere about releasing that first so just an fyi, it may create some wear and tear on the ebrake system. Probably not any to worry about.
-As you're coming down and about to settle the car down, let's say 4 inches before it hits the floor the quickjack system may move a bit as the tires begin to connect with the floor. This may not occur with concrete as the swisstrax allow things to slide easily...
Lifts are great! I've been using an EZ Car Lift for the last decade or more and it really makes life easier.

With regards to the way the GT350 moves when you lift and lower it, I finally figured out what's going on. The rear suspension actually pivots at an angle. The wheel moves both in-and-out and fore-and-aft as the suspension compresses and extends. So, say you have your car in the air with the hand-brake on or it's in gear. As you lower it, after the rear tires first contact the floor and the suspension starts to compress, the wheels swing rearward relative to the chassis. The wheels can't move because of the brake, so the motion pushes the body forward instead. In my case it actually slides the base of the lift along the floor for most of an inch as the car settles on the ground.

I finally figured out what was happening when I had to raise a rear wheel with a floor jack so I could torque some bolts. I found I had to position the floor jack so it could move fore-aft as I raised and lowered the wheel I was working on.

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
Lol! Similar taste in floors and cars. The only gripe is that the Swisstrax is hell on your knees.
IMG_2588.jpg

Sponsored

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
I guess you can never have too many fishing rods, lol.

Deleted member 37397

Quick Jack - check.
Swiss Trax - check.
Magnetic gray - check.
AF812068-289F-4FC1-8985-65FEA95F6B43.jpeg

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
I guess you can never have too many fishing rods, lol.
And that's only half of them. LOL.
It's another sickness thanks to my mom who started me fishing at an early age.

Suiken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
So far from my research it's all positive reviews on quickjack, any negatives from you quickjack owners? Is this correct, if it's set at the locking points then it's totally safe, and if that fails there is the hydraulic fluid that will hold the car up for a min or two so you can get out. (and no need to use jack stands or anything as long as it's at the locking point) So are there any report of somehow it failed and caused serious injury or death? (When properly used I mean)

I just got it and have been trying to put it together, but when I go to the hydraulic cylinder, at the hole where you suppose to insert the elbow fitting, it's rusted inside, can't use it like that right?
https://i.imgur.com/Cx2lG6a.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/j201s2n.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5PyskZ3.jpg

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Call Quick Jack. Cust service is pretty good.
If it's only the threads, I wouldn't worry. Steel does develop rust.
I would call anyway.
Mine have been great. No need for jack stands. Left the car up on them for a few days. Some guys leave them up longer.

Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Swisstrax have a holes through, how do you clean it?

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
So far from my research it's all positive reviews on quickjack, any negatives from you quickjack owners? Is this correct, if it's set at the locking points then it's totally safe, and if that fails there is the hydraulic fluid that will hold the car up for a min or two so you can get out. (and no need to use jack stands or anything as long as it's at the locking point) So are there any report of somehow it failed and caused serious injury or death? (When properly used I mean)

I just got it and have been trying to put it together, but when I go to the hydraulic cylinder, at the hole where you suppose to insert the elbow fitting, it's rusted inside, can't use it like that right?
https://i.imgur.com/Cx2lG6a.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/j201s2n.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5PyskZ3.jpg
I've had QuickJacks for two years and they are great !!! No negatives to report. If you are uneasy about the rust, call customer service. They may ask you to send them a picture in an email. They are really good, I crushed my ATF reservoir on the power unit last time I used my quickjacks because I forgot to open the breather cap. I called them and they were really helpful, even after confirming that my unit was out of warranty. Last year I had to replace one of the quick disconnect fittings under warranty because the rubber o rings inside were chewed up. After a phone call and an email with a picture of the bad fitting, they sent a replacement in the mail.

If you do your own services, oil changes, brake jobs, or anything under the car for that matter, the quickjacks are a great investment.

OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Swisstrax have a holes through, how do you clean it?
Leaf blower it like the other gentleman said. It will get a dust of cloud out.
I've had QuickJacks for two years and they are great !!! No negatives to report. If you are uneasy about the rust, call customer service. They may ask you to send them a picture in an email. They are really good, I crushed my ATF reservoir on the power unit last time I used my quickjacks because I forgot to open the breather cap. I called them and they were really helpful, even after confirming that my unit was out of warranty. Last year I had to replace one of the quick disconnect fittings under warranty because the rubber o rings inside were chewed up. After a phone call and an email with a picture of the bad fitting, they sent a replacement in the mail.

If you do your own services, oil changes, brake jobs, or anything under the car for that matter, the quickjacks are a great investment.
I forgot to open my breather reservoir too just today in fact. Kind of disappointed because there's a large yellow stick that is supposed to remind us! lol. Anyways, I was excited to get the car off the quickjacks since it was 3 days on the stands while I took on sway & springs install.

So your reservoir actually crushed towards the inside? Thankfully mine didn't do anything.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Leaf blower it like the other gentleman said. It will get a dust of cloud out.

I forgot to open my breather reservoir too just today in fact. Kind of disappointed because there's a large yellow stick that is supposed to remind us! lol. Anyways, I was excited to get the car off the quickjacks since it was 3 days on the stands while I took on sway & springs install.

So your reservoir actually crushed towards the inside? Thankfully mine didn't do anything.
yeah, my reservoir collapsed in when I was lifting the car.

I probably didn't have to replace it with a new one. But he new one was only $40 so I didn't mind replacing it.

after I removed the damaged one I was able to bend it back into shape so I kept it in my basement.
Sponsored