Sponsored

Questions regarding options on a 2019 and trade in value on a 2016

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey all. So I've decided that I'd like to switch from my 2016 GT to a 2019 GT and have a few questions that I'm hoping I can get some insight on.

First, what package is most suitable for the options that I desire? The only options I want are as follows:

- 10 speed automatic
- Performance Pack 1
- Variable exhaust

I'm fairly certain I can get the 10 speed and Performance Pack on a base car but I'm afraid that the variable exhaust is only an option on Premium cars. I'd be pleasantly surprised if I'm mistaken but I'm not hopeful.;)

My second question is how much should I expect for a trade in on my paid off 2016 GT base in Deep Impact Blue? It has 9200 miles on it and is completely stock other than the addition of the Performance Pack front end bracing and the Performance Pack wheel/tire package.

Lastly, a little side question to those who have owned a 15-17 with a Corsa Sport exhaust and now own a 2018 with the variable exhaust option. In it's loudest mode ("Track" if I'm not mistaken) is the 2019 exhaust louder, quieter, or equivalent to a 15-17 with a Corsa Sport exhaust?

Thanks for any input.
Sponsored

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
You'll get hosed on your 2016 trade - it only has 9200 miles, but depreciation is a #$%&.

With that said - is there a specific reason that you're looking to the 2019 and not some aging stock 2018? The 2018s will be much cheaper once the 2019s start hitting the lot, and there are very few changes for the A10 variant.

LOEzell

OldME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Convertible
I would also recommend MagneRide. I really enjoy changing the suspension damping. I also enjoy how the MR dynamically adjusts the suspension on the fly. One if the characteristics I enjoy about my Pony is the relatively smooth ride I get with the MR set to the normal setting

Sponsored

OP
OP
Less Weight

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The beauty of the active exhaust is that it is mapped. The level of sound depends not just on the selected exhaust mode but on engine rpm, gear selected, throttle position and possibly load. This is what makes the stock active exhaust a thing of pleasure and suprise. It's not just loud or quiet like an old fashioned bolt on replacement but variable from second to second.
Worth every penny.

The Magneride is pretty good too.
Thanks for the info. But honestly, what I really meant was an apples to apples comparison of the active exhaust in its loudest mode under full throttle Vs. the Corsa Sport under full throttle. My mistake for not being more precise with my wording.

OP
OP
Less Weight

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You'll get hosed on your 2016 trade - it only has 9200 miles, but depreciation is a #$%&.

With that said - is there a specific reason that you're looking to the 2019 and not some aging stock 2018? The 2018s will be much cheaper once the 2019s start hitting the lot, and there are very few changes for the A10 variant.
That bad, eh?:( I was hoping to get $25,000 but maybe I'm being to optimistic.:shrug:

I'd rather have a 2019 as opposed to a 2018 since most first year issues will likely have been addressed. Or at least you'd hope they would have been...

OP
OP
Less Weight

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I would also recommend MagneRide. I really enjoy changing the suspension damping. I also enjoy how the MR dynamically adjusts the suspension on the fly. One if the characteristics I enjoy about my Pony is the relatively smooth ride I get with the MR set to the normal setting
I like the idea of MagneRide but, if I'm not mistaken, the Premium package is required to get it which I have no interest in. Correct me if I'm wrong.

M2C3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT PP 401a Manual
I’m in the same boat. My 15 in my sig is around 23500 miles so I’m hoping for a 26k trade in value (KBB). I may also sell it outright to make a couple thousand more for an additional down payment or help pay off debt. My 19 should be here early August so I have a month to figure it out.

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
That bad, eh?:( I was hoping to get $25,000 but maybe I'm being to optimistic.:shrug:

I'd rather have a 2019 as opposed to a 2018 since most first year issues will likely have been addressed. Or at least you'd hope they would have been...

$25k actually might be doable, depending on the dealer and how eager they are to sell. If you're looking for a late model 2018, I would say you'd have no problem (a dealer might even offer you more than $25k to get the 2018 off of the lot before the 2019s arrive). If you're trying to negotiate on a brand new 2019, don't be surprised if the dealer offers closer to 20K in trade.

A private sale always nets more on a car, but private sales are a pain.

Sponsored

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Lol my trade in 18 gt premoum 4K miles active exhaust 10 speed was only worth 29k lmao good thing I was just doing research haha

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
I’m in the same boat. My 15 in my sig is around 23500 miles so I’m hoping for a 26k trade in value (KBB). I may also sell it outright to make a couple thousand more for an additional down payment or help pay off debt. My 19 should be here early August so I have a month to figure it out.

Trade it in. You'll get more back in trade-in tax savings than an extra thousand or two you'd get selling it privately, and it's a lot easier and guaranteed to be gone when you trade it in.

I just traded in my GT Premium Automatic with 23.5k miles and got 25,000 for it. Another dealer said 26. So there's some room to negotiate. But my tax savings was a little over 2200 I believe.

M2C3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT PP 401a Manual
Trade it in. You'll get more back in trade-in tax savings than an extra thousand or two you'd get selling it privately, and it's a lot easier and guaranteed to be gone when you trade it in.

I just traded in my GT Premium Automatic with 23.5k miles and got 25,000 for it. Another dealer said 26. So there's some room to negotiate. But my tax savings was a little over 2200 I believe.
Nice! Thanks for the tip. I believe WA does allow a Trade-in Tax credit so I could be looking at ~2375 in savings. This is about the same I'd get selling it outright. Plus, I don't want to deal with selling it privately.

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
Thanks for the info. So all three of the options I want are standalone which is perfect.
Magneride is not a stand alone option. Must be ordered with PP.
Sponsored