Questions for the detail guys on Chemicals Guys products

BlackBoostedGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT WhippleCharged
I like cg soaps, only other things I really use from them are their glazes and the hybrid wax and jetseal. Everything else from them I tried but was meh about. Their compounds and polishes as well as pads I stay away from. Torqx buffers are alright but I prefer my rupes polishers (yes I know not many people want to spend the money for a rupes polisher). TorqX will be enough for most people. If I had to use any of their pads it would be the orange pads and only for working on harder paint. It won't get out as much as a meguiars MF pad but will finish out without hazing or need of a second step to finish out like the MF pads.
Sponsored

SnakeAndSteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I like cg soaps, only other things I really use from them are their glazes and the hybrid wax and jetseal. Everything else from them I tried but was meh about. Their compounds and polishes as well as pads I stay away from. Torqx buffers are alright but I prefer my rupes polishers (yes I know not many people want to spend the money for a rupes polisher). TorqX will be enough for most people. If I had to use any of their pads it would be the orange pads and only for working on harder paint. It won't get out as much as a meguiars MF pad but will finish out without hazing or need of a second step to finish out like the MF pads.
Holy 4 year old thread resurrection, Batman! But I'll give my thoughts. I have some of their Maxisuds car soap, their vrp (kinda like a carpro perl) and their silk shine interior dressing. All of these I mentioned are acceptable.

inspecto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
i've tried a lot of CG and other brand products. some CG is pretty good, some is meh.

glazes:
CG blacklight - meh, doesn't do much for me, it fills minute swirls.
Adam's liquid glaze - Much better shine and depth. It also fills better.

both are easy to use.

sealants:
CG Jetseal - pretty decent shine, very easy to use and long lasting.
Klasse Sealant Glaze - Ridiculous shine on polished paint and lasts forever. a PITA to use though.

wax:
butter wax: doesn't do much for me. dusts like crazy and the shine doesn't really pop.
P21S / S100 wax: shines like crazy, doesn't last super long.

both are really easy to use. I prefer paste over liquid wax though.

My usual ground up coat I do once a year after a full detail is Klasse All-In-One, Adam's Glaze, Klasse Sealant Glaze, topped with S100 wax about every other week. When I'm in a hurry I use Jetseal since it's much easier to apply without issues than Klasse. Use too much of KSG and you'll have a headache getting it all off.
I too use and really like Klasse All-In-One great product. The Klasse sealent glaze is very hard to get off, just use very little.

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
Definitely do your research on all the products listed above. Also, check out Obsessed Garage - they carry/build various packages in a bundle from different companies that might interest you. BTW, for every product there is normally a video linked to the product to provide how to use it, and what to expect after application.

Info Note: Watch the citrus based soaps, a few of them have a pretty aggressive PH that’s aimed more for stripping. Which is fine if your decontaminating, polishing.......

I normally practice on my wife’s car before using anything on my Mustang just in case...lol
Sponsored