Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
It might be a little bit cheaper to have the opg and c.s installed at the same time as the supercharger kit. When they install the supercharger they have to remove a bunch of the parts that they would need to remove to get to the Opg/c.s. Might be able to talk them into a little discount.
If you’re trying to keep your warranty then the kit has to be installed by a Ford approved installer or dealer
Sponsored

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
I have no first hand experience but from doing a whole lot of reading:

VMP: Shady ethics. Not interested after reading about the counterfeit MFP manifolds.

Kenne Bell: Supposedly great hardware but 0 forum or social media presence and consequently not very popular with S550 owners.

Roush/FP kit: Fine kit but the worst PD kit relatively speaking in terms of heat management and cooling. Best CARB tune in terms of drivability.

Edelbrock: Better kit but compromised CARB tune with poor drivability. Great hardware, aftermarket tune a must.

Whipple: Better kit with the largest built-in coolers. CARB tune better than Edelbrock but perhaps not as good as Roush/FP.

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Almost forgot: Looking at dynos the Roush/FP seems to reduce the redline by 1000 rpm. Something to consider.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt

VMP: Shady ethics. Not interested after reading about the counterfeit MFP manifolds.

Kenne Bell: Supposedly great hardware but 0 forum or social media presence and consequently not very popular with S550 owners.

Roush/FP kit: Fine kit but the worst PD kit relatively speaking in terms of heat management and cooling. Best CARB tune in terms of drivability.

Edelbrock: Better kit but compromised CARB tune with poor drivability. Great hardware, aftermarket tune a must.

Whipple: Better kit with the largest built-in coolers. CARB tune better than Edelbrock but perhaps not as good as Roush/FP.
And procharger?

Sponsored

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT

Don’t believe everything you read on the Internet. VMP’s customer service is top notch.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
VMP customer service is mediocre, from personal experience. Not bad products as far as superchargers go. But bad mistakes as of recent for copying vendor products and even screwing up by them being a poor copy. I still like my VMP kit.

Vengeful 3.7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT (SOLD), 2016 Mustang V6 (SOLD)
I used to live in Marysville and I was looking into to The Mustang Shop in Kent. Before I moved I was giving serious consideration to procharging my V6. I ended up moving before I could and then sold the V6 to get a GT.

https://www.tmsperformance.com/

OP
OP
UnsatOFGT

UnsatOFGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I used to live in Marysville and I was looking into to The Mustang Shop in Kent. Before I moved I was giving serious consideration to procharging my V6. I ended up moving before I could and then sold the V6 to get a GT.

https://www.tmsperformance.com/
I'll look into them. I'm not a fan of the MaxRPM shop in Bremerton.

Sponsored

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
I'll look into them. I'm not a fan of the MaxRPM shop in Bremerton.
If it helps any reference wise, i paid about 300.00 for crank sprocket and Oil Pump gears and for installation in Phoenix, AZ i paid 700.00 for a reliable shop that does them. That was with Procharger set up, i know they were charging more if i had a Paxton, it would probably be cheaper and man my heart rate drops just drops a little more knowing i have them lol

OP
OP
UnsatOFGT

UnsatOFGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
If it helps any reference wise, i paid about 300.00 for crank sprocket and Oil Pump gears and for installation in Phoenix, AZ i paid 700.00 for a reliable shop that does them. That was with Procharger set up, i know they were charging more if i had a Paxton, it would probably be cheaper and man my heart rate drops just drops a little more knowing i have them lol
Which gears and sprocket did you go with? And from which vendor?

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT

MustangorCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Haven't looked up centrifugals.
Just curious, why no interest in a centrifugal? Aren't all 3 just fine for a daily? (Paxton, Vortech and Procharger) And very usable on the street? Whereas the roots/screw blowers are somewhat unusable in first and second for the most part? Unless you get some monster rear tires. I'm specifically talking about OP's application where it's for a daily driver and not much else added for mods.

Simply curious, that's all.

Just to add, my last Mustang was a 2004 Cobra purchased new. It has been a LONG time obviously. I remember doing all the basic bolts ons for that car, including the ported blower. At that point it was pretty much useless on the street in first and second gear. So I can imagine how bad a roots/screw blower would be on these S550's. Quite a bit more power than what I had.
Sponsored

Last edited: