Questions about Methanol Injection, Port Injection, and max output

exodus.eco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium
For those of you that have built motors and big turbos on your ecoboost, what route did you end up going to maximize power output? From what I have heard the stock hpfp can only support up to around 380whp. I like the idea of methanol injection due to it being able to clean out the valves and overall run colder. However, I am looking to break into the 480-500whp range on my ems shortblock nx2 build. I have seen the tune+ port injection kit (https://www.tuneplusinc.com/collect...oducts/tune-e85-conversion-port-injection-kit) which claims to support up to 600whp on E85 but was wondering if I needed to have extra things alongside that such as an upgraded hpfp or if it wasn't needed. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light and knowledge to me on the subject. Also, would it be possible/worth it to run the port injection kit on pump gas and run a methanol injection setup alongside it? Would it just be best to get an upgraded hpfp and injectors instead of port injection? If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it.
Sponsored

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
I have the E85 port injection kit on my motor. I purchased it from Jessie at EMS and I'm glad I did!! The kit (which was shipped from tune+) was missing a part and Jessie tracked it down and had it shipped to me. I also am having programming problems and Jessie is working with me, one on one, to troubleshoot the problem and make any necessary corrections!!
You just can't beat the after sale service that you get from Jessie Ringley at Engineered Motorsport Solutions!!!

PS: The kit does not require you to change your OEM fuel pump, provided you specify low pressure injectors and inside the fuel line tee before the engine mounted fuel pump.

Last edited:

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
For those of you that have built motors and big turbos on your ecoboost, what route did you end up going to maximize power output?
You're already working with some of the best guys in the business. WTF are you doing on a forum for asking random people for advice? Even if our personal cars are highly modded, it's still only a single car. They do this professionally all the time. Give them your goals and follow what they tell you to do. It's that simple.

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Having spent the last 2 years in my shop, by myself... It's nice to have someone to chat with! Thanks for posting.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
This isn't about a conversation. We can do that about all sorts of topics. This is about selecting the correct parts to make your car go like you want. It's not a committee project. If you make it one, you'll be disappointed. If you stick with the people you've got and listen to what they tell you, you'll be happy.

It's all too common for a customer to show up to a shop with all sorts of crap they read about on a forum. Much of it will be useless, or even detrimental, to their car. Part of the reason you spend the extra cash to go to a pro is because you value their knowledge and experience. There's not a person here who can hold a candle to the knowledge and experience of Ringley, Brunson & Martin.

Sponsored

OP
OP

exodus.eco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium
I have the E85 port injection kit on my motor. I purchased it from Jessie at EMS and I'm glad I did!! The kit (which was shipped from tune+) was missing a part and Jessie tracked it down and had it shipped to me. I also am having programming problems and Jessie is working with me, one on one, to troubleshoot the problem and make any necessary corrections!!
You just can't beat the after sale service that you get from Jessie Ringley at Engineered Motorsport Solutions!!!

PS: The kit does not require you to change your OEM fuel pump, provided you specify low pressure injectors and inside the fuel line tee before the engine mounted fuel pump.
This kit? https://engineeredmotorsportsolutio...-port-injection-kit-w-ethanol-content-sensor/

OP
OP

exodus.eco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium
This isn't about a conversation. We can do that about all sorts of topics. This is about selecting the correct parts to make your car go like you want. It's not a committee project. If you make it one, you'll be disappointed. If you stick with the people you've got and listen to what they tell you, you'll be happy.

It's all too common for a customer to show up to a shop with all sorts of crap they read about on a forum. Much of it will be useless, or even detrimental, to their car. Part of the reason you spend the extra cash to go to a pro is because you value their knowledge and experience. There's not a person here who can hold a candle to the knowledge and experience of Ringley, Brunson & Martin.
Just trying to hear peoples’ setups. Gonna try and get as many opinions as possible. Obviously I’ll reach out to get expert advice from Jessie but wanted to hear people’s personal experience with the kits over time as street cars

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
OP
OP

exodus.eco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium
Nothing else needed? Are you running e85 or still pump gas? I’m wondering how much I could make on it with still 91. Also would it be possible or worth it to run meth on it with the pump has to run cooler and clean it out?

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Nothing else needed? Are you running e85 or still pump gas? I’m wondering how much I could make on it with still 91. Also would it be possible or worth it to run meth on it with the pump has to run cooler and clean it out?
Without a doubt, Meth is a good addition to 91, just don't let the tank run dry. It's probably much less important if you're port-injecting E85 because you're already getting the cooling effect of evaporating alcohol in the intake tract and E85 naturally has an effective octane rating in the range of 105-110 points. Both are good at keeping the intake valve shiny.

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
The kit was complete, once Jessie tracked down the missing part. Which wasn't his fault since it was shipped direct from tune+. I did provide some miscellaneous, but nothing I didn't already have in my shop.
No, I'm not on E85 yet. I just have too much going on getting ready for the Spring Break Shootout, So Ryan and Jessie are putting together what I need to run on 93 octane and then I'll switch over to E85 for NMRA's second race of the season.
Sponsored