whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
Hello all!
I'm from the States (Detroit, actually!) but I live in Japan. I have a LHD EU/Asia spec Ecoboost here and I have some questions about mods! There are very few Mustangs in Japan, so I figure that the Europe and Australia communities are my best shot at getting some good advice!

First, has anybody installed the US spec PP dash with gauges? It kinda annoys me that we didn't get this feature despite our cars being Performance Package as standard. There is a thread on it in the cosmetic mods section and it seems possible, but do our cars have the proper wiring in place already?

Second, has anybody installed US spec side mirrors? If so, which part numbers did you get? I'd like to retain the pony lights, but I'm not even sure what other features our mirrors have aside from being able to fold. (I know that would be lost...)

Next, has anybody installed a BOV? There are some nice ones out there, but I heard somewhere that our cars measure air flow differently than US spec and that we can't use BOVs... Any truth to that?

Even if BOVs don't work, I'm pretty sure we could install any of the cold air intakes out there. I had the MMR when I was in the states and it was pretty nice. It was kinda noisy at highway speed though as it continuously made a hissing noise. If anybody installed one, which did you get and what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

nr.09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Ecoboost Fastback
First, has anybody installed the US spec PP dash with gauges? It kinda annoys me that we didn't get this feature despite our cars being Performance Package as standard. There is a thread on it in the cosmetic mods section and it seems possible, but do our cars have the proper wiring in place already?

on paper it is possible but it is not a swap, you do need to change some sensors on the engine and some soldering to connect it, i also have seen it asked it but noone has done it (yet) and im not experienced enough to try

Second, has anybody installed US spec side mirrors? If so, which part numbers did you get? I'd like to retain the pony lights, but I'm not even sure what other features our mirrors have aside from being able to fold. (I know that would be lost...)

so far havent seen anyone try that. all we know is that the wiring in EU models are only for folding, ponys and heating. so blindspot assist wont work for instants

ven if BOVs don't work, I'm pretty sure we could install any of the cold air intakes out there. I had the MMR when I was in the states and it was pretty nice. It was kinda noisy at highway speed though as it continuously made a hissing noise. If anybody installed one, which did you get and what are your thoughts?

many have aftermarket cold air intakes and they add power, BOV dont know

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
my car is getting all the cold air it needs stock... you just need to live in the right part of the world :D thihi... (we're freezing out butts off at the moment and sitting on a couple inches of snow... the slush on the roads that was dangerous for driving fast is now a thin layer of polished ice which is even more dangerous to drive on...)

as for the mirrors I'd think they'd swap right over... not so sure about electrical adjustments do-dahs - the US has mirrors both with and without the Pony so that'd be a thing to navigate... though I'm not sure we'd loose the folding part if we tweaked it a bit... anyhoo, the US mirrors are a bit tiny, but ours are just stupid. IMO the height of these don't give me ANY better view of the rear.
Sponsored