Sponsored

Question on Ford h-pipe for performance exhaust for 2015 GT

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
Hi,
Does anyone know if a Steeda h-pipe will be a bolt on replacement for the Ford racing performance exhaust x-pipe? The Steeda h pipe looks long, but I can't tell how long is the x-pipe of the FRPE.
Thanks?
Sponsored

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
Same here, I’d like to know. Maybe tj@steeda can chime in?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Great question - let me find out :)

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Our techs said no - based on their observations (since they haven’t installed one) it looks like modifications would have to be done.

TJ

Sponsored

OP
OP
onlyturbo

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
Yes thank you! Unfortunately I did not realize that, I ordered the Steeda h-pipe, and when my installer compared the two h-pipes, the Steeda was way longer. I was thinking about maybe cutting it, but the cut would need to be behind the "Steeda" logo brace, and even after that the Steeda pipes are further apart from each other.

Now I am stuck with the wrong pipe, my fault! I just thought it would be an easy replacement. I love the Steeda pipe, great quality, too bad it doesn't fit!

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
Yes thank you! Unfortunately I did not realize that, I ordered the Steeda h-pipe, and when my installer compared the two h-pipes, the Steeda was way longer. I was thinking about maybe cutting it, but the cut would need to be behind the "Steeda" logo brace, and even after that the Steeda pipes are further apart from each other.

Now I am stuck with the wrong pipe, my fault! I just thought it would be an easy replacement. I love the Steeda pipe, great quality, too bad it doesn't fit!
the Steeda pipes are further apart?

sorry I don't quite understand. the pipes have a wider separation between the two compared to the Borla?

Sponsored
OP
OP
onlyturbo

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
Yes.
The Steeda H pipes needs to be cut behind the "Steeda" brace, they are much longer than needed. Also after they are cut, the H pipes are still further apart from each other (paralel), than the Borla mating midpipes.

Another member told me he had no problem mating to the Borla after he had the H pipes cut though.

OP
OP
onlyturbo

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
You may be correct!, Just make sure the distances between the two pipes is the same between the Gen 2 and Gen 3...
Sponsored