Question if anyone has advice

Yetitime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pak
Not sure if I am being impatient or not but wanted to get anyone's advice here.

So I have seen the DORA and the paperwork that states the car left factory on 3/8/16 and shows ~13 days in transit to dealer. As most know in CA all cars go through Benicia for the rail and then are loaded on trucks to dealers.

I am still being told it has not hit Benicia yet from the dealer.

My questions:
1. I asked the dealer to confirm that the car actually left the factory, can I push them to get confirmation?
2. Is there any way to track it in transit on the rail (train)?

Been waiting since September of 2015 so a bit antsy.

Thanks!
Sponsored

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Yes, if you get the rail car number you can call annautomated system for tracking. Also your dealer can confirm status with a simple lookup in their system...along with providing the railcar number. You can also call Ford performance and speak to them directly.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Call Ford Performance here (800) 367-3788 and choose option 1. Ask them for the status on your order and give them the last 8 digits of your VIN. They'll tell you where it is on its route. I called like every 2 days and probably annoyed the hell out of them. It went from Flat Rock --> Boone, Iowa --> Rawlins, Wyoming --> Sparks, Nevada --> Benicia. Then it sat for like 4 days before getting trucked to the dealership last Wednesday.

OP
OP

Yetitime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pak
Thanks, gave them a call today. They gave me different update than the dealer. Will be interesting to see what the dealer says today.

wirefarmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Gt350
Called Ford Performance twice and their information didn't agree with the dealer. Dealer has been right both times. Car may be here next week though. Not sure any of them really know. :shrug: Keeping my fingers crossed.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
On both cars I ordered, Ford Performance was more up-to-date than the dealer up until the car rolled off the line. Once it was shipped, the dealer was better at giving me the wherizzit updates.
Sponsored