Sponsored

Question for those who have already gone through the oil consumption process.

Big Ernie McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Charger Scat Pack, 2013 Silverado
I just started mine yesterday and the service guy said all I need to do is let them know if it goes through a quart in 500 miles. They said I didn’t even need to bring the car back in for them to check it before they would submit a claim. Have you guys had a similar experience or did you have to bring back to the dealership and have them check before the next step? Seems like you could just say, yep it is burning too much and they believe you. They did a fresh oil change and marked the dipstick, and of course they got oil all over the plastic head cover by the fill cap and never cleaned it off. Also oil pooled up on the under shield. It is frustrating messing with the dealerships on this stuff. Take some pride in your work!
Sponsored

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Do it through the dealer, then its documented. I went back every ~500miles, got between 2-3qts refilled (at no charge). Did that 4 or 5 times, and it was new engine time.

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Mine was done through the dealer. They topped off the oil, sealed the dipstick, and told me to bring it in after 500 miles. I only had to do that 2X ( 1000 miles ) for them to conclude that it was burning oil. At that point they scoped it, reported to Ford, and advised me that Ford authorized a new engine.
Sponsored