OP
Ninjak

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Lol yes. That seems to be the thing. Every dealer thinks they are going to get 25~30 over. They look at you like you have 3 heads when you offer 10. Which I even have a issue with. I mean a base fo r 100k + ?????

Even the use market feels or think they will get this. Maybe they will but it will not be me.
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Lol yes. That seems to be the thing. Every dealer thinks they are going to get 25~30 over. They look at you like you have 3 heads when you offer 10. Which I even have a issue with. I mean a base fo r 100k + ?????

Even the use market feels or think they will get this. Maybe they will but it will not be me.
Same boat bother.

Just went through this the last weekend. 2 days worth of emails going back and forth. lol
Not a bad ADM at a little over 6k over, but still....... hard for me to do it. I'm thinking about it, but not sure what I am going to do. Current car will be paid off in 9 -10 months max. Don't know if I want to start all over again. :crazy:
Good luck!

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Same boat bother.

Just went through this the last weekend. 2 days worth of emails going back and forth. lol
Not a bad ADM at a little over 6k over, but still....... hard for me to do it. I'm thinking about it, but not sure what I am going to do. Current car will be paid off in 9 -10 months max. Don't know if I want to start all over again. :crazy:
Good luck!
You know what I say ………….

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Same boat bother.

Good luck!
lucky

if the dealer today offered 6k over I would have been driving a 500 right now

OP
OP
Ninjak

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So new strategy: I am using my AMX services and my CU auto advisor services to look. So far pricing has been better.

I am also going to look at gently use. Try to see what is out there under 1k.

Sponsored

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
So hey,

Been a while since I posted, but I decided to ask this question here. I been mulling about getting a GT500, but no deals came along until now.
I have a deal in place that could put me in a 2021 GT500 with the options I would get. But now I am starting to wonder.......should I ??

I enjoying driving my Sasha. Yes I love shifting the gears. She is moded with what's in my sig, makes good power, and I have the 19 engine. I have 8k on the clock. She was bought new today, in 2017. So I started to wonder......am I buying a GT500 for the sake of a GT500 ? Is it the more power ? Is it the new car smell ???

For power I could go to Fathouse Fab and put the 800 turbo kit in. Or perhaps a whipple. This way I would have more power and keep my gear shift and headers :)
I could get the GT500, have more power and a newer car, which IMO would hold value, and still be a blast, but no more shifting.
Or I could say the heck with it, and just leave it all alone.

So I ask: To see opinions of the members here who may of had the same thoughts:
What's Fathouse going to charge for the 800 kit, 20k or more? At that point you are instantly upside down in your car having invested far more than its actual used non warranty value. Any issue with the GT350 and your on your own no warranty. Apples to Apples while the 350 will have more rwhp than a stock 500 it will likely still be slower. DRs & CAI will get the 500 into the mid tens with little investment and keeping warranty and resale value.

I had a 2019 GT350 and was faced with the same decision I was not happy with the stock Voodoo's power level. After all the thinking, asking questions, and second guessing I decided to trade in for a 500, no regrets at all.

OP
OP
Ninjak

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: So the AMX panned out. spoke with manager, haggled and haggled some more. Came to agreement I have on paper.

Car is:
Carbon Grey w/ Black PAINTED stripes
Handle package
Tech Package
Carbon Package
Car cover
13 miles on the clock

Has the 8 way seats, but I do not mind that.
Had a few little panel line ups in the front, but over all solid.

Will head back and haggle the price for my GT350.

Stay tuned.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Update: So the AMX panned out. spoke with manager, haggled and haggled some more. Came to agreement I have on paper.

Car is:
Carbon Grey w/ Black PAINTED stripes
Handle package
Tech Package
Carbon Package
Car cover
13 miles on the clock

Has the 8 way seats, but I do not mind that.
Had a few little panel line ups in the front, but over all solid.

Will head back and haggle the price for my GT350.

Stay tuned.
very exciting, should be a stunner. hopefully not too much ADM!

OP
OP
Ninjak

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: my CU AA got ahold of me and said he can get a deal. So far he has come through. Price knocked down. Now working on what my GT350 is worth.

Stay tuned.

OP
OP
Ninjak

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: Enduring the pain that is Carmax, I received a few quotes. Now its in the advisor hands to get the max. It looks like this is going to happen if I want it to happen. ADM is there, but not a killer. Its within what I admitted to myself I would do. Actually its a tad lower.

The car, well its nice, but lol, it looks just like my current car sans the whit pen stripe. The painted stripes are nice though. The seats will be different, I been in the recardo's for so long. Now to the crux I guess. I was driving home and shifting in traffic. Been doing it so long I did not even notice. My 12 was a 6 speed, 17 is a 6 speed. Will I miss it ????

I drove the new GT500 at the GT500 event, right before the Machs hit. I then went with a instructor. I will never be able to drive like that lol. But I think I'll have fun. I hate to admit it, but I do miss the power my 12 had. I was at 710whp~649tq in that car. It could hit high 10's on a good cool night. It was a fun car. When I sold it, I told myself I did not need that power anymore. Lol thinking, I did not have my GT350 2 months before I had headers on it, and a E85 tune. Fun, but still...not quite what I had...well lol no where close. But the car is fun.

The wife says, you drive your truck and the car was in the garage. Well sort of true, but since I really did not have a reason to hit the track, I did more Sunday fun day drives. Will I do the same ? I think perhaps no.....I mean lets keep it real, I love to hit the track and see what she can do. But after ? Ahh. I not thinking in terms of value and worth, I think both cars will be ok there. I think the GT500 may edge out because of the options, but that's not what's on my mind.

Well I have rambled in this thread, I have time to think. Lol I think the chase is what I wanted, and now that I am about to catch the roadrunner.........am I still hungry enough to eat him or do I let him go....

Sponsored

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Sounds like you should keep the GT350. If the pull feel and bad ass exhilarating factory set up is not over the top then keep your 350. At the end of the day you really win either way being you have the Shelby heritage no matter what.
78598F4C-0B57-46D8-BB81-FA9B816EFF1B.jpeg

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
You know what I say ………….
LMFAO
Oh I know Jaime,.......😁😁😁🤣🤣🤣

Part of me wants to do it, and parts of me doesn't want to do it. I'm sure I'm going to regret it once it's sold, or once the nice weather comes around. Whichever comes first.

lucky
if the dealer today offered 6k over I would have been driving a 500 right now
It's still available if you are interested. Beautiful car.

Handling Pack
Technology Pack
Carbon fiber interior
Car cover (that doesn't matter to me as I wouldn't use it anyways, just store it in the trunk.)
Twister Orange with the black matte stripes.
Only 3 miles on the clock.

This specific dealership has like 5 or 6 of them.

Last edited:

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
I'm currently having issues with my 350 :( . Hence why I'm sort of in the same boat of considering cutting it loose but my thought process is the GT350 IS the ultimate drivers car mustang no doubt about it.

There's pros and cons to that. Its great on a mountain road but it sucks in the bumper to bumper traffic on the way home. Its very responsive but trades real speed/torque on the street for 'balance'. Finally on track I've felt I got the most out of the car while keeping it stock that now I'm just wanting more capability and power to keep up with PDKs, R35 DCTs, Toyota/BMW ZF 8 Speeds and MB AMG 9 speeds ...

But really the main thing I'm looking for is what people are complaining about - I want something that will be boring like a base 5 series when I don't need it but be a GT350+/RS when I do. That's why I think Ford's thinking with stagger launching the 500 after the 350 is to sort of set the stage and offer an upgrade path.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ninjak

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well its all in place. After some....speaking back N fourth, the final deal was put in place, numbers crunch, and options available. Now I decide yay or nay. Brought all the paper work home and I'll go through. Have to say it has been a interesting process.
Sponsored