Sponsored

Question for mods.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Hi, sorry for posting this here but I was not sure where to ask. I get that we have sub forums but not many people go to them. most look at this main forum. Reason I am saying this is why do we keep having threads moved? I have had several of mine and I have seen others I was following also moved . Sometimes to sub forums that really have nothing to do with the post. Several of these topics had lively and informative conversation going on and as soon as mods move them they die and not another single reply is made to them. As only a few people seek sub forum threads. When it is left here in the general forum it gets more attention and more conversation going. I guess I don't really have a solution but just seems pointless to move threads to sub forums to kill them or maybe that's the point?

I guess I'm just asking can we be a little more forgiving on what we move? As like I said several topics I was very interested in and others were talking just up and died after you moved them. Anyway thanks for reading.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
LOL I have never quit understood putting a picture of your own name on your own thread? and the date I guess if a thread is really old? maybe best thing would be have classifieds expire after a month and the members would have to repost. that way old threads and unattended threads just self clean?

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Sub-forums...where ideas go to die. I'm guilty of main page lurking myself. I only wind up on the subs if I'm using search.
Thats what Im saying, I mean I get it and I know they are trying to keep things seperate. I'm not criticizing. But Know your audience. People now are lazy they aint gonna go dig. most just browse the main page and that's it. Once a topic is moved it straight up dies and the conversation stops. I mean this is general forum so everything basically is general.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I utilize the bookmark feature when I am interested in a thread or more specifically links within a post. makes it easier to find it again regardless of where it is, unless it got deleted. Look to the right of the 'like' button and click 'bookmark'.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I'm a main forum lurker as well. I get OP's point, but then what's the purpose of the sub-forums? So I see both sides.

Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
For me it seems like I am in the general forum less and less. When I first signed up the general forum was more interesting to me, but as time goes by and I get more into my car I find myself not wanting to read simple stuff, and since the blower install a couple of years ago, the FI section is where I go to first and most often. Seems like a topic is more likely to get a knowledgeable responder in a section relating to the topic. Less traffic, but the mindset of the user is probably more likely to have experience in the subject matter. Probably doesn’t matter though as I’m betting everyone visits the general section.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Sub-Forums......I would have hoped it's obvious......want to discuss a topic, head over to the sub-forum in question and you might find there's already a thread going on the subject you're interested in. It makes searching for topics much easier and it's one reason why forums are so much better than the likes of Facebook. A topic may be active for a while on the "front page" but soon it'll disappear down the list never to be seen again. Post something on Facebook and, sure, you'll get an instant response for a while, but then it'll soon get buried under all the new topics.

By the way, I should be moving this post to the correct sub-forum :giggle:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/forums/site-announcements-feedback-questions.97/

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Sub-Forums......I would have hoped it's obvious......want to discuss a topic, head over to the sub-forum in question and you might find there's already a thread going on the subject you're interested in. It makes searching for topics much easier and it's one reason why forums are so much better than the likes of Facebook. A topic may be active for a while on the "front page" but soon it'll disappear down the list never to be seen again. Post something on Facebook and, sure, you'll get an instant response for a while, but then it'll soon get buried under all the new topics.

By the way, I should be moving this post to the correct sub-forum :giggle:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/forums/site-announcements-feedback-questions.97/
:) thank you, Yes I understand the sub forums. I see the usefulness of both and how things are run and was not questioning it really. It is just frustrating when a topic had lively conversation then gets moved and dies not to get another response to it because it got moved. Thanks for the response. And Honestly yall do a great job here. I have been on many forus where they are just trashed up and people are rude. This is a pleasant forum.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I doubt Mods are going to move a thread to a forum it doesn't belong in.

Maybe more guys here should explore more forums besides just the General Forum which is just the tip of the iceberg.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It's worth clicking the "Watch Thread" button......if a thread does get moved, anyone that's "watching" will be notified via PM.

Personally, I try to move a thread early (assuming I catch it in time) but I take on board your comments :)

Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
We have subforums for a reason. I'm glad the mods move irrelevant threads. I hate when people put a thread in the wrong section just because they need attention. Mods, please move this thread.

And these threads:
"Anyone seen a new Supra"
"Crusing music". (misspelled, of course)

michael2938

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Mustang Sportsroof
Sub-Forums......I would have hoped it's obvious......want to discuss a topic, head over to the sub-forum in question and you might find there's already a thread going on the subject you're interested in. It makes searching for topics much easier and it's one reason why forums are so much better than the likes of Facebook. A topic may be active for a while on the "front page" but soon it'll disappear down the list never to be seen again. Post something on Facebook and, sure, you'll get an instant response for a while, but then it'll soon get buried under all the new topics./
Is there any way to make the "All Recent Posts" link more visible and obvious for people? Driving people to THAT link as opposed to clicking the main forum link would be ideal. I believe that would just show all new threads, regardless of subforum.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Is there any way to make the "All Recent Posts" link more visible and obvious for people? Driving people to THAT link as opposed to clicking the main forum link would be ideal. I believe that would just show all new threads, regardless of subforum.
It's handy to use the "Watched Threads" link at the top of the page. If you post in a thread it will then show up in the Watched Threads. If you don't post in a thread, but want to watch and read a thread, then just subscribed to the thread. If the thread is ever moved, it will always still show up in the Watched Threads.
Sponsored