Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

TonyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, Roush Stage 2 SC kit, Roush axel back / x-pipe, chin splitter, aero foil and side scoops, GT350R wheels
I also bought an aftermarket warranty when I purchased the car and had the blower installed. I do not think it will cover jack shit when it comes to the Roush but we shall see. If not, maybe the $8 extra I pay on my insurance for Mechanical Breakdown coverage will help... Chances are? Waste of money on all accounts and when you mention your Supercharged car dropped the tranny they will be like, "NO"... The only good thing in my case is my insurance has the blower listed as an additional rider.
I added my SC to my extended warranty when I had the kit put on. 125K 60 mths.

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
I looked for it didn't show up with hp tuners vcm looking through the pids
I can't get it on my Aeroforce gauge either. Aeroforce said they could easily add if Roush shared the conversation info which Roush has not.

Last edited:

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
When did they add this? Do I need to start calling ford once or twice a year to get a revision on the Phase 2 tune?

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
When did they add this? Do I need to start calling ford once or twice a year to get a revision on the Phase 2 tune?
Well 4 sure u may wanna touch base with Roush every 6 months just to make sure theres no updates?

Surely cant hurt

Reactions: MCS

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
This summer per my email request.
Roush made CACCT_ENG available on the RDT advanced datalogger DMR list. No PCM reflash is required. You may need to update the RDT software though.
http://rdt.roush.com/RoushRDT/

It's a standard PID if you have the water temp sensor in the LTR. Apparently it will alert you of over temps as well. I didn't ask what the max water temp value is.

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
Would anyone running the 2018+ Phase 2 kit with the provided Roush tune mind sharing some timing advance and knock retard numbers?? I did some datalogging with the interchiller installed but have nothing to compare the data to.

I got the engine bay nice and hot with some spirited driving before starting the datalogging. The logs yielded 17* to 19* at redline. I'm still running the Roush P2 tune on 93 oct.

Does anyone know the max ignition advance that the Roush P2 tune will allow at WOT? I would assume it's pretty conservative.

Thanks!!

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Does anyone know the max ignition advance that the Roush P2 tune will allow at WOT? I would assume it's pretty conservative.
Unfortunately, this is a hard question to give a straight answer to, because it hinges on so many things. You take into account load, rpm, cam position, lambda, other limits, etc. For instance...

I can assume load is 1.8, 7250 rpm, intake cam is -10, exhaust cam is +15, lambda is .72, coolant temp is 180, and charge temp is 120...and the result is 17.7 deg, though #4 runs 2 deg less than the others. The knock advance allows 3 degs additional on a per-cyl basis, so 20.7 should be possible. There are various other limits, but it looks like the next one is cylinder pressure at 21 deg.

The issue I see here is that if you drop charge temp from 120 to 70, the initial timing command increases by 1.5 deg, so it starts at 19.2 and starts adding from there. However, before it hits the allowed 3 deg of knock adder, it will hit the 21 deg cylinder pressure limit, leaving it with just .3 deg more than the higher charge temp case.

Of course, all of this assumes it doesn't encounter knock along the way.

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
Unfortunately, this is a hard question to give a straight answer to, because it hinges on so many things. You take into account load, rpm, cam position, lambda, other limits, etc. For instance...

I can assume load is 1.8, 7250 rpm, intake cam is -10, exhaust cam is +15, lambda is .72, coolant temp is 180, and charge temp is 120...and the result is 17.7 deg, though #4 runs 2 deg less than the others. The knock advance allows 3 degs additional on a per-cyl basis, so 20.7 should be possible. There are various other limits, but it looks like the next one is cylinder pressure at 21 deg.

The issue I see here is that if you drop charge temp from 120 to 70, the initial timing command increases by 1.5 deg, so it starts at 19.2 and starts adding from there. However, before it hits the allowed 3 deg of knock adder, it will hit the 21 deg cylinder pressure limit, leaving it with just .3 deg more than the higher charge temp case.

Of course, all of this assumes it doesn't encounter knock along the way.
When you reference "#4" are you talking about cylinder #4, or the #4 log I posted on my interchiller thread that had the lowest result of 17.7*?
1669657754782.png

Great info. I've got some learning to do.
Let's make sure I'm comprehended:
  1. Intercooling is great, but the cylinder pressure limit table will eventually become a bottleneck.
  2. The logs I posted are crap because I was spinning causing fluctuation in load vs rpm.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I meant number 4 like the cylinder. It’s the only one they pulled timing from proactively. On Whipple it seems 1 and 5 are the culprits first.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I do also. What is the question?