Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
agreed, I bought my 19 PP2 used with the phase 2 already on it and got a 80,000 mile 10 year bumper to bumper for dumb cheap.
Are you saying you got an ESP that says in it they will cover the powertrain on an aftermarket supercharged car?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
U make great points Baked but believe me I raced the car on the street and it ran very well, unfortunately if u remember correctly almost all tracks weren't open because of Covid before I could even get a slip. Atco even cancelled a track rental we had weeks before I sold it which really pissed me off but it is what it is.

Next I had a situation where RETIREMENT at 55 was a possibility and in the end retiring to Fl was a bit more important to my wife and I vs a time slip so I sold the car and now I swim, cycle and go to the gym and basically live my life with no stressšŸ˜Ž

I would like another GT and even put up a few posts about getting one but like you Iā€™m also thinking a performance sedan may be better choice?

Now lets be truthful, u got rid of a leased car when the stars aligned (Overvalued Covid Cars) which for u was awesome but not the norm, Iā€™m happy for you but don't make it out that this is a common occurrence because in 6 months that wont happen as the bubble is coming to an end.

I hope u go as fast as u can and wish u nothing but the best, but to take shots at me with your bs comment (the original poster) was kindā€™ve mean spiritedā€¦

Happy ThanksgivingšŸ˜Ž

82171BC9-1EAB-4A32-B6D6-1C15B4C7FC3C.jpeg
Your points are all very valid but that picture is as old as this thread and probably repeated as much as this discussion :). To be honest, you probably wouldn't buy an S550 anyway unless you want a used one or a 2023 sitting on a lot. I personally wouldn't buy a used one and yes, I was lucky with the Covid thing with the first car and not worried at all about resale value with my current ride. Trust me.. If selling my car meant I could retire, I'd be in Sun City driving a golf cart by now.

I've seen what the current sprorts sedans worth owning are running at the strip... I think you would need to start working again to buy one with the power and numbers of a GT with a Roush Kit and a warranty. Fastest import I see at the drags regularly is an RS3 running mid 10's... He has GT500 money in his car to run those numbers and it's not warrantied. I guess it depends on how fast you want to go? Watched an M4 comp take repeated runs the other night and I wasn't impressed.

What I am saying is that the kit gets a lot of shit (though some is valid) from people who are more into numbers than you or I are.... You could have bought a whipple (with no warranty), or an edelbrock (with a shitty warranty), or E85 NA full bolt but if you had, you would have known what you wanted to begin with and never asked the question if Roush was worth it because of warranty concerns..

I can't convince anyone what to drive, I'm just here to post my results and experience. If I was to tell a first time 2018 Mustang buyer what FI kit to buy? I'd still say Roush.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
3 years, 836 pages later..... I feel like @Greyhorse and I are the only one's still here pushing the limits of this kit. If you skip back 200 pages, it may be the same discussion!

Even the OP has a negative stance on this kit and I'm pretty sure he only pressed on the gas a total of 3 times when he owned it. Not much time to rate a kit.

My stock 2018 Mustang was the fastest car I've ever owned and the first car I've taken to the strip since 2001. Add the Roush and it's more than your average person has ever experienced, let alone driven. After 2 years and at least a hundred runs at the strip I traded the 2018 for a 2019 and started modding it almost immediately. Could I have chosen another kit? Yep.. But not one that would roll into Ford Financing with 0% interest. Did I mention that Ford gave me $10,000 above what I owed for a lease?!?! The second one has been modded even further and I had no qualms getting it tuned after a year and a half and it still gets work done under warranty.

I've pushed this kit pretty hard and told Roush about almost everything I've done to the car.. Drag Radials? Yep. Drag strip? Yep.. Hell, the dealer that I traded the first one to called me and asked me what the dyno numbers were and what it ran at the strip...

The kit is reliable which is why you don't see any blown motors... It may not as fast in the summer months but it's faster than anything you will come up against most of the time and when you add a tune it comes alive even further. I wouldn't have any issues buying this kit a 3rd time and tuning it right from the get go. Would I do it again? No.. This will be the last 2 door coupe I ever own. I have a few more mods in store if I decide to go crazy. Wouldn't be any cheaper with another kit.

See you guys in another 835 pages :)

To add on to this, any S550 I've seen at the strip with another kit was driven by your average joe and was struggling to get into the 11's... A common problem for cars with high HP driven by inexperienced people and I suffered from the same problem. For the longest time when I started going to the track the fastest Mustang there was a V6 S550 with a procharger running mid 10's.
One of those bad days, eh? šŸ˜ƒ

I'm totally happy with mine, wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Are you saying you got an ESP that says in it they will cover the powertrain on an aftermarket supercharged car?
I also bought an aftermarket warranty when I purchased the car and had the blower installed. I do not think it will cover jack shit when it comes to the Roush but we shall see. If not, maybe the $8 extra I pay on my insurance for Mechanical Breakdown coverage will help... Chances are? Waste of money on all accounts and when you mention your Supercharged car dropped the tranny they will be like, "NO"... The only good thing in my case is my insurance has the blower listed as an additional rider.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
One of those bad days, eh? šŸ˜ƒ

I'm totally happy with mine, wouldn't hesitate to do it again.
This will probably be the last modded car I own. The only other "sports" car I put money into was a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon and I took it to the strip every chance I got. When I got rid of it after 18 months I retired for awhile and stuck to slow 4 doors until renting a 2017 GT in Hawaii... With the strip closing next year I will need to retire for a second time... I'll keep the Mustang but my next DD is going to be my wife's 2015 Sorento when I buy her a pickup. If not a pickup, I may buy a Kia EV6 GT... Or not. It's been fun having a fast car again but my next hobby may be knitting.. Or Magic the Gathering..

5OhSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT S/C PP2 - '15 GT PP - '18 GT
yes. The kit was installed by a Ford dealer and since it was ford warrantied and it hasnā€™t expired I was told the extended warranty would cover the power train. I figured it was worth a shot anyways because it was 8 a month extra that then covers everything else.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
yes. The kit was installed by a Ford dealer and since it was ford warrantied and it hasnā€™t expired I was told the extended warranty would cover the power train. I figured it was worth a shot anyways because it was 8 a month extra that then covers everything else.
The good news is that you probably won't need it for too much. My problems with the 2018 were failed cat's at 7000 miles and that was about it other than a few tune revisions. The 2019 has been flawless other than throwing a belt and a pulley which was covered under warranty.

Is your ESP through Ford?

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Granted, I dont have any first hand experience with a post Roush warranty problem, but I can absolutely see Ford blaming any powertrain issues on the supercharge. The car does come with a factory five year powertrain warranty, so there is a reason Roush offers theirs. Has anyone had, or know someone who had, something going wrong in that 3-5 year period?

Not saying an ESP isn't worth it anyway. I will probably get one as I have seen how much just the digital dash cost to fix. Ford offers a powertrain only ESP, always thought it was too bad they dont offer a discounted ESP that covers everything but the powertrain.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Your points are all very valid but that picture is as old as this thread and probably repeated as much as this discussion :). To be honest, you probably wouldn't buy an S550 anyway unless you want a used one or a 2023 sitting on a lot. I personally wouldn't buy a used one and yes, I was lucky with the Covid thing with the first car and not worried at all about resale value with my current ride. Trust me.. If selling my car meant I could retire, I'd be in Sun City driving a golf cart by now.

I've seen what the current sprorts sedans worth owning are running at the strip... I think you would need to start working again to buy one with the power and numbers of a GT with a Roush Kit and a warranty. Fastest import I see at the drags regularly is an RS3 running mid 10's... He has GT500 money in his car to run those numbers and it's not warrantied. I guess it depends on how fast you want to go? Watched an M4 comp take repeated runs the other night and I wasn't impressed.

What I am saying is that the kit gets a lot of shit (though some is valid) from people who are more into numbers than you or I are.... You could have bought a whipple (with no warranty), or an edelbrock (with a shitty warranty), or E85 NA full bolt but if you had, you would have known what you wanted to begin with and never asked the question if Roush was worth it because of warranty concerns..

I can't convince anyone what to drive, I'm just here to post my results and experience. If I was to tell a first time 2018 Mustang buyer what FI kit to buy? I'd still say Roush.
I couldn't agree more and youā€™re so right about the $$$ sedans, not in my wheelhouse at those prices but u will see a Ford Whipple for the Mustangs coming as its here for the F150 now but the one thing I can see in a canned tuned situation the 18+ Roush Kits are better as far as instant hit.

Sure with tuning the Whipple shines but again that wouldn't be valid until the warranty ends. The Roush kits excellent, like all the kits it has some good and some bad but as far as a warranted kit its #1 and even with a mild custom modding (like yours) it holds its own vs othersšŸ‘šŸ¼

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I would like another GT and even put up a few posts about getting one but like you Iā€™m also thinking a performance sedan may be better choice?
A M5 comp you say? šŸ˜

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
My buddy bent three valves and had two pistons with contact on his 2020 Roush RS3. I have my own thoughts on why it happened to include not checking oil levels, driving it like crazy while engine was cold, tune by respected tuner, removed something from the air filter that supposedly allowed the supercharger to make 2 additional PSI. Roush and Ford both told him to pound sand when he tried to get them to warranty it. His is the only one I know of and I equate it to abuse.

Granted, I dont have any first hand experience with a post Roush warranty problem, but I can absolutely see Ford blaming any powertrain issues on the supercharge. The car does come with a factory five year powertrain warranty, so there is a reason Roush offers theirs. Has anyone had, or know someone who had, something going wrong in that 3-5 year period?

Not saying an ESP isn't worth it anyway. I will probably get one as I have seen how much just the digital dash cost to fix. Ford offers a powertrain only ESP, always thought it was too bad they dont offer a discounted ESP that covers everything but the powertrain.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Not saying it isn't true, but my dealer had me sign a form acknowledging the Ford Power Train warranty was voided and Roush Warranty replaced that portion for warranty purposes.

5OhSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT S/C PP2 - '15 GT PP - '18 GT
The good news is that you probably won't need it for too much. My problems with the 2018 were failed cat's at 7000 miles and that was about it other than a few tune revisions. The 2019 has been flawless other than throwing a belt and a pulley which was covered under warranty.

Is your ESP through Ford?
yeah itā€™s the premium care. They told me the power train is covered but I seriously doubt it would be, in fact I confirmed the fine print says the roush supercharger isnā€™t covered and voids the rest of the powertrain. I even asked the sales manager if she was sure the power train was covered even though it was modified and she insisted it was. Since I have bought a new vehicle before from ford they said I qualified for the return buyer pricing which idk if it was actually all that good. It came out to 8$ a mont to have everything else covered though, suspension, lightning, keys, etc.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Exactly, A Dealer or Roush may help u but truthfully thats a stretch from most peoples experiences.

U mod it and hurt it 8 out of 10 times youā€™re screwed

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
I agree.

My 2020 S550 was listed with a certified preowned warranty. I had the sales manager wipe that before I made the purchase and saved $800.

Although, my original build plan was top mount twin turbos haha.