Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Just an update for those that are still here :p

Being tuned by @Wengerd Performance is a night and day difference over the Roush tune. I still have no cooling mod's to speak of but summer (and cooler months) performance is MUCH better. The drivability is great and strip numbers are way more consistent. I've been to the track the last couple of weeks and other than flat out race cars, there aren't too many cars that are faster.

With the Roush tune, I was lucky to hit 120mph (compared to 112 when stock) in the summer. This summer I was at 125 with the Wengerd tune. In the cooler months here on the Roush tune I could hit 128mph on a good run. Now I'm at 133-135. This is on 20" Street S/S tires averaging a 1.9 to 2.0 60'. Best run on the Roush tune was a 10.9 @ 128mph with a 1.7 60'. The other night I ran a 10.74 @ 134 with a 1.87 60'.

Heatsoak is obviously still an issue but on the Roush tune if I hot lapped the car my numbers always went down. That 10.7 was 15 minutes after running a 10.9.. I had 3 runs in 30 minutes and still run 133mph the other night. Temps were in the 60's and my IAT2's were at 125 sitting in the pits after each run. DA was 1000'.

My best run was against a weight reduced, bolt on NA, E85 18+ S550. He was on 17" drag radials and had a 1.57 for a 60'. He beat me in the 1/8th mile with a 7.05 @ 99 to my 7.07 at 108 (my best 1/8th). He ran an 11.0 @ 124. I ran a 10.7 @ 134. I know his passenger and rear seats were removed. With my reaction time I managed to catch him in the first 330' with a 1.87 for a 60'. It was a damn good race and compared to most people at the strip, this guy knew what he was doing :)

I also noticed that after the tune, I no longer hit 7th gear in the 1/4 mile. Car now shifts into 6th a bit before the end of my run. The other night I was barking the tires and getting a little kick out from the rear end in every shift... Crazy breaking traction at over 100mph. Obviously I need some better rubber for the strip but I'm pretty happy with the car lately. I still have plans to go E85 but it will be a bit.

Seriously though, even if it's all in the transmission tuning and raising of the rev limiter/shift points, the tune was worth every penny. Hot weather soup or not :)

Here are my slips from the other night. First 3 runs were done in 30 minutes and then the car sat for an hour and a half. The next two runs were 10 minutes apart. First run was just testing for track prep so I didn't floor it until 3rd gear or so.

These were my most consistent runs *ever*. I plan to dyno it for shits & giggles soon. All runs were done in Drag Mode, Shifter in S, with TC off. I did a burnout until the tires smoked briefly.

2022-11-18 track.jpg

Watched many a Hellcat with the same size drag radials struggle to get out of the 12's. There was a 2023 M4 Comp running mid 11's after his first few runs. Fastest cars there (not brought on trailers) were two Silverado pickups running low 10's. They were beasts.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Just an update for those that are still here :p

Being tuned by @Wengerd Performance is a night and day difference over the Roush tune. I still have no cooling mod's to speak of but summer (and cooler months) performance is MUCH better. The drivability is great and strip numbers are way more consistent. I've been to the track the last couple of weeks and other than flat out race cars, there aren't too many cars that are faster.

With the Roush tune, I was lucky to hit 120mph (compared to 112 when stock) in the summer. This summer I was at 125 with the Wengerd tune. In the cooler months here on the Roush tune I could hit 128mph on a good run. Now I'm at 135. This is on 20" Street S/S tires averaging a 1.9 to 2.0 60'. Best run on the Roush tune was a 10.9 @ 128mph with a 1.7 60'. The other night I ran a 10.74 @ 134 with a 1.87 60'.

Heatsoak is obviously still an issue but on the Roush tune if I hot lapped the car my numbers always went down. That 10.7 was 15 minutes after running a 10.9.. I had 3 runs in 30 minutes and still run 133mph the other night. Temps were in the 60's and my IAT2's were at 125 sitting in the pits after each run. DA was 1000'.

My best run was against a weight reduced, bolt on NA, E85 18+ S550. He was on 17" drag radials and had a 1.57 for a 60'. He beat me in the 1/8th mile with a 7.05 @ 99 to my 7.07 at 108 (my best 1/8th). He ran an 11.0 @ 124. I ran a 10.7 @ 134. I know his passenger and rear seats were removed. With my reaction time I managed to catch him in the first 330' with a 1.87 for a 60'. It was a damn good race and compared to most people at the strip, this guy knew what he was doing :)

I also noticed that after the tune, I no longer hit 7th gear in the 1/4 mile. Car now shifts into 6th a bit before the end of my run. The other night I was barking the tires and getting a little kick out from the rear end in every shift... Crazy breaking traction at over 100mph. Obviously I need some better rubber for the strip but I'm pretty happy with the car lately. I still have plans to go E85 but it will be a bit.

Seriously though, even if it's all in the transmission tuning and raising of the rev limiter/shift points, the tune was worth every penny. Hot weather soup or not :)

Here are my slips from the other night. First 3 runs were done in 30 minutes and then the car sat for an hour and a half. The next two runs were 10 minutes apart. First run was just testing for track prep so I didn't floor it until 3rd gear or so.

These were my most consistent runs *ever*. I plan to dyno it for shits & giggles soon. All runs were done in Drag Mode, Shifter in S, with TC off. I did a burnout until the tires smoked briefly.

2022-11-18 track.jpg

Watched many a Hellcat with the same size drag radials struggle to get out of the 12's. There was a 2023 M4 Comp running mid 11's after his first few runs. Fastest cars there (not brought on trailers) were two Silverado pickups running low 10's. They were beasts.
Really moving with the Wengerd setup. Appreciate you including comparison in both hot and cold months since they make sooooo much of a difference here in the desert.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Really moving with the Wengerd setup. Appreciate you including comparison in both hot and cold months since they make sooooo much of a difference here in the desert.
I'm sure a lot of it is in the shift points and rev limiter tuning but even when heatsoaked in the staging lanes it puts out some good numbers. For reference.... In August when it's 110+ outside I can let the car sit all day and drive it to the strip, let it rest for 2 hours and be the first person to the line and the IAT2's are 150+. With Wengerd's tune the car is 5+ mph faster in that heat and the TB is still closing at half track!

Right now I'm struggling to figure out my next (if any) upgrade. I want to go E85 but I'm torn between doing a fuel system or an Interchiller (not a chiller killer). A fuel system would give me more power and a little cooler temps but would still get heatsoaked in the summer and have a wide power difference between be the hot and cool weather here. An interchiller would result in recovering lost power in the hot months but not much difference in the cooler temps.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I'm sure a lot of it is in the shift points and rev limiter tuning but even when heatsoaked in the staging lanes it puts out some good numbers. For reference.... In August when it's 110+ outside I can let the car sit all day and drive it to the strip, let it rest for 2 hours and be the first person to the line and the IAT2's are 150+. With Wengerd's tune the car is 5+ mph faster in that heat and the TB is still closing at half track!

Right now I'm struggling to figure out my next (if any) upgrade. I want to go E85 but I'm torn between doing a fuel system or an Interchiller (not a chiller killer). A fuel system would give me more power and a little cooler temps but would still get heatsoaked in the summer and have a wide power difference between be the hot and cool weather here. An interchiller would result in recovering lost power in the hot months but not much difference in the cooler temps.
When in doubt, always invest in cooling and other safety nets before adding more power 🤪 😄 . At least that would be my approach. Do you still have cats? Don't remember if you've done LTH or not.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
When in doubt, always invest in cooling and other safety nets before adding more power 🤪 😄 . At least that would be my approach. Do you still have cats? Don't remember if you've done LTH or not.
I'm thinking along the same lines. I would like my car to be more consistent no matter the time of year!

I do have LTH brand headers..

As for cats... I personally hate the species but my wife insisted. He's not allowed to ride in my car until he's de-clawed though.

ash.jpg

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
In August when it's 110+ outside I can let the car sit all day and drive it to the strip, let it rest for 2 hours and be the first person to the line and the IAT2's are 150+. With Wengerd's tune the car is 5+ mph faster in that heat and the TB is still closing at half track!
Do you know what your pit iat2 was when it was cooler, or at speed? Interested in comparing it to mine with the max cooling kit. Earlier this year I did three 1/3 mile runs in 70 minutes. I hit 151 mph and iat2 was 134. Highest I saw when in the pit was 122.

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
He's not allowed to ride in my car until he's de-clawed though.

ash.jpg
Adorable kitty!
Sorry, I know no one is going to care, but that's not funny to even joke about.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Do you know what your pit iat2 was when it was cooler, or at speed? Interested in comparing it to mine with the max cooling kit. Earlier this year I did three 1/3 mile runs in 70 minutes. I hit 151 mph and iat2 was 134. Highest I saw when in the pit was 122.
My IAT2 numbers haven't changed in 4 years over two different cars with the same kit. Most of the time I am 40-50 degrees above ambient. After 2 hours of resting in 60 degree weather my IAT2 was 125 when I started my car.. During my burnout it was 120. At the line it was 122.. It was 149 when I let off at 133mph :)

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
My IAT2 numbers haven't changed in 4 years over two different cars with the same kit. Most of the time I am 40-50 degrees above ambient. After 2 hours of resting in 60 degree weather my IAT2 was 125 when I started my car.. During my burnout it was 120. At the line it was 122.. It was 149 when I let off at 133mph :)
Ok, I misunderstood. Thought you were saying the tune somehow help with your temp too. Either way, good to compare to a car without the cooling kit. Next track day is a 1/2 mile event in April. Hoping it's warmer to get a better idea if the kit is really doing much.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

Very Impressive 👍🏼

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
This one or something more generic? https://www.beefcakeracing.com/upr-5030-260-1-CSCC/
$400 is a bit pricey
That's what I have. It's a nice kit and fits under the Roush coil covers. I bought it directly from UPR for ~$370 after asking for a promo code.

You can pop the UPR quick connect fitting off of the passenger side can if you don't want to plug the boost bypass actuator hose coming from the back of the SC.
1669043749084.jpeg
1669043805478.jpeg
1669043841684.jpeg

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016