MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Anyone have similar Roush badges?
I've had these eBay ones stuck on the car for a few months now. They seem decent.

1666534824314.png

1666534844858.png
I saw those and thought about it but I suppose I don't feel I want to advertise the fact that there are more than the stock number of ponies under the hood.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I saw those and thought about it but I suppose I don't feel I want to advertise the fact that there are more than the stock number of ponies under the hood.
I am more the opposite 😅
PXL_20221023_221046839.jpg

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
I like being up front about it because IAT2 has such a heavy effect on the Roush kit's output.
The badging tends to make "worthy opponents" give it the beans on the first hit.

Reactions: MCS

Navymike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt
Hey everyone. Like time reader first time poster. Picked up a 18 with a roush about 5 months ago. Read all the horror stories so I did a gt500 IC pump, Dob heat exchanger, 88mm pulley and OZRacing
Tune. Lowering the boost really seemed to help with IAT2 as the highest I saw thrashing on the cars was in the 140s.

but I can’t leave well enough alone. So last week I sent the supercharger off to jokerz, ordered the upgraded IC brick, 103mm throttle body and sent the lower off to Bret barber for porting.

My goals are simple. 700rwhp on pump that dosnt get so hot it melts the engine. If e85 was local I’d bump that to 800

jon.smith76063

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX Hatch, 1994 Cobra, 2020 Roush Stage 3
Hey everyone. Like time reader first time poster. Picked up a 18 with a roush about 5 months ago. Read all the horror stories so I did a gt500 IC pump, Dob heat exchanger, 88mm pulley and OZRacing
Tune. Lowering the boost really seemed to help with IAT2 as the highest I saw thrashing on the cars was in the 140s.

but I can’t leave well enough alone. So last week I sent the supercharger off to jokerz, ordered the upgraded IC brick, 103mm throttle body and sent the lower off to Bret barber for porting.

My goals are simple. 700rwhp on pump that dosnt get so hot it melts the engine. If e85 was local I’d bump that to 800

That's my plan too. Can you log the after IAT2's for comparison. I have the a 20 stage 3 Roush car with the upgrade cooling package and my IAT's barely get above 140 after beating on it multiple times.

jtgdg5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1

Where do you get a 103mm TB for the Roush 2650?

Markuaw1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 gt mustang convertible 10 speed Roush 2650
That's my plan too. Can you log the after IAT2's for comparison. I have the a 20 stage 3 Roush car with the upgrade cooling package and my IAT's barely get above 140 after beating on it multiple times.
I Installed the stage 2 FI interchiller on my Roush 2650 best money ever spent temps are great now

received_747708136690104.jpeg

SmartSelect_20221109_073500_Gmail.jpg

Last edited:

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
@Markuaw1 's cooled water temps are likely well below 32F in the data he's posted.

@Navymike
The air/water heat exchange method is a bottleneck, but since your intake manifold is off check out these spacers: https://www.harrop.com.au/shop/ford-mustang-gt-thermal-spacers

Also while things are disassembled, consider replacing the Roush IC feed/return hard piping with rubber heater hose.

Insulating at minimum the post cooled IC feed to the SC from the engine bay temps may slightly improve IAT2 depending on the water temps of your setup. Deleting the hard pipes should also make the DS coils and plugs more accessibly.

The hard piping is a massive pain in the ass to insulate. You'll want to insulate the feed and return if you ever decide to chill your IC coolant.
1668012588213.jpeg

@jon.smith76063 another comparison along with IAT2 worth logging while making improvements would be the Roush LTR water temp sensor values. The PID is CACCT_ENG

Markuaw1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
@Markuaw1 's cooled water temps are likely well below 32F in the data he's posted.

@Navymike
The air/water heat exchange method is a bottleneck, but since your intake manifold is off check out these spacers: https://www.harrop.com.au/shop/ford-mustang-gt-thermal-spacers

Also while things are disassembled, consider replacing the Roush IC feed/return hard piping with rubber heater hose.

Insulating at minimum the post cooled IC feed to the SC from the engine bay temps may slightly improve IAT2 depending on the water temps of your setup. Deleting the hard pipes should also make the DS coils and plugs more accessibly.

The hard piping is a massive pain in the ass to insulate. You'll want to insulate the feed and return if you ever decide to chill your IC coolant.
1668012588213.jpeg

@jon.smith76063 another comparison along with IAT2 worth logging while making improvements would be the Roush LTR water temp sensor values. The PID is CACCT_ENG
I looked for that PID did and not find it

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
I looked for that PID did and not find it
Using the latest update of the RDT software? Roush said they added CACCT_ENG to the parameter list in the logger feature after I asked in July. I just tried to check the list but the Datalogger prompt isn't available without the car connected.

I haven't tried to log that temp sensor yet because it likely won't read the cold temps produced by the chiller accurately.

Markuaw1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Using the latest update of the RDT software? Roush said they added CACCT_ENG to the parameter list in the logger feature after I asked in July. I just tried to check the list but the Datalogger prompt isn't available without the car connected.

I haven't tried to log that temp sensor yet because it likely won't read the cold temps produced by the chiller accurately.
I'll take a look when I get home

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
1666034860409.png

Makes me leery to try LOL
been running 91 only for 4 years with 2 different cater I’m that time. 0 issues with 91.

although finding 91 in Nebraska this last summer was a PITA.

i drag race it all the time too.

Reactions: MCS

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1971 fj40, 1986 fj60, 2003 f250 7.3, 1968
Vehicle Showcase

@Navymike

1668012588213.jpeg

I dont think all the ltr phaseII came with a temp sensor i believe some had a bung for it tho.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
What oil catch can setups do you guys run with roush sc's? I'm sure it got discussed at some point, but reading through 800 pages to find out is just not practical.