Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
what you describe is a frequent reason for spinouts and crashes - these 10-speed autos may drop so many gears when downshifting, that even a maneuver that seems safe (just passing somebody in straight line) can result in loss of rear end traction. too much torque multiplication from too much downshift that driver did not expect. something much harder to do accidentally on a manual (but still possible).
Yes, this is why I basically disabled automatic downshifts in the bottom 4 gears and don’t allow 5-4 unless you’re nearly floored. I also disallowed wot downshifts in Live-in-Drive mode and use that for passing.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
what you describe is a frequent reason for spinouts and crashes - these 10-speed autos may drop so many gears when downshifting, that even a maneuver that seems safe (just passing somebody in straight line) can result in loss of rear end traction. too much torque multiplication from too much downshift that driver did not expect. something much harder to do accidentally on a manual (but still possible).
I only downshift one gear at a time.

What I was describing, was starting at 20 km an hour and getting up to about 110 km an hour to merge onto the highway. Not downshifting to slow down.

I used to do that regularly though, downshift, one gear at a time until the RPMs were low enough that I could drop another gear. I never had any spin outs or loss of control. Granted that was before the tune and also only at city driving speeds.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I only downshift one gear at a time.

What I was describing, was starting at 20 km an hour and getting up to about 110 km an hour to merge onto the highway. Not downshifting to slow down.
I understand what you are saying but that wasn't my point. I wasn't talking about manual or manual mode downshifting. Nvm, it's off topic anyways.

Reactions: MCS

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
Anyone ever run 91 in theirs when they HAVE to?

My mom's place about 3 hours north of where I am is deep in the boonies. The closest gas station is a 10-minute drive. They have 91. Last year I took the mustang up during the summer but next year if I have to log 50 gallons of 93 along with me I might think twice LOL
I live in California and have the Roush phase 2. Run 91 all the time because there is no 93. Go WOT quite often and there is no timing pull or any other negative result. Don't worry about it. 91 works fine.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yo guys, u know I sold my supercharged mustang a while back and have regretted it after moving to Fl

Anyway, I found a car
Wanted to know what you thought?

2018 GT Convertible Premium A10
PP1 with Active Exhaust
Digital Dash
Magna Ride

It has 10k miles
1 Owner
However its not certified but a good carfax, no accidents

Dealer wants $38000
Sticker was 60k new

What do u think?

jon.smith76063

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX Hatch, 1994 Cobra, 2020 Roush Stage 3
Yo guys, u know I sold my supercharged mustang a while back and have regretted it after moving to Fl

Anyway, I found a car
Wanted to know what you thought?

2018 GT Convertible Premium A10
PP1 with Active Exhaust
Digital Dash
Magna Ride

It has 10k miles
1 Owner
However its not certified

Dealer wants $38000
Sticker was 60k new

What do u think?
Do it

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
It's not a bad price man but why not certified? Coming from a dealership? That sounds less than ideal. What does it need to certify?

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It's not a bad price man but why not certified? Coming from a dealership? That sounds less than ideal. What does it need to certify?
Dodge Dealer has it. Thats the one thing, I relly wanted a Ford Certified Car but this car has every stinking option

Black on Black Convertible in Fl could also be an issue come the Summer too

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Dodge Dealer has it. Thats the one thing, I relly wanted a Ford Certified Car but this car has every stinking option

All CPO gets you is a 12/12 warranty. You can just buy an ESP if you want one.

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
Did you try the holding the paddle for 3 seconds thing?
I never use the paddles on the street except when I accidentally hit one; that's when I have noticed what you are talking about. So, today I purposely tested them in a few different conditions.
1. If you hold the up shift paddle it will go back into auto mode.
2. If you slow down but dont down shift it will go back into auto mode.
3. If you use heavy throttle it will hold the gear till you shift (though I was going to bounce it off the rev limiter so maybe it will eventual up shift).
4. If you stay at light/steady throttle, in the same gear, for a length of time, it will go back into auto mode.

Reactions: MCS

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016

I live in south Florida and drove a 2015 Mustang convertible for a couple of years. There is no way you drive with the top down during summer months during the day. Its just TOO hot! But it was nice for going shopping to Lowes or Home Depot :like:

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I live in south Florida and drove a 2015 Mustang convertible for a couple of years. There is no way you drive with the top down during summer months during the day. Its just TOO hot! But it was nice for going shopping to Lowes or Home Depot :like:
I do live in South Fl too
I’m thinking you’re right.

Thanks for the info

Last edited:

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
U also get a 7 yr powertrain warranty under Ford Certified Gold.
Forgot about that. When I bought my 2015 I made sure to get it CPO. I ended up buying an 11 year Ford ESP so it wasn't really worth the added cost in the end. Just something to think about if you do plan to get an ESP.

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
Anyone have similar Roush badges?
I've had these eBay ones stuck on the car for a few months now. They seem decent.

1666534824314.png

1666534844858.png