Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I guess its only available if you have a Roush phase 3 with 750 hp?
I guess so too. Also, it seems that you could accomplish similar HP gains by simply going with aftermarket tune and BAP or variety of other approaches people take with fueling support. This "unique air filter cone" sounds like a gimmick to me. I don't trust products that use words like "more" and "increases" and such without any technical data. It could be 0.005% more or 500% more. Go figure what that really means.

jon.smith76063

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX Hatch, 1994 Cobra, 2020 Roush Stage 3
I have a 2020 stage 3. I emailed Roush and asked them if I can purchase it. We'll see what they say. If not I'll just go with an aftermarket BAP and tune.

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
Need some help here. Have some confusion with the install. Got the phase 2 kit for a 2019 GT.

The kit says to plug in the connector to the temp sensor on the LTR "that has been installed"

The LTR came with a plug installed in it. The instructions never had a step to install the sensor and reapalce that plug. So im confused here... I found this 02 sensor looking thing (in the picture) and installed it because I assumed that was the temp sensor since it fits the connector and thread. Unfortunately the sensor didnt have a ref-number on it neither did the bag.

Is this the temp sensor? or did i mess up?

Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 7.43.27 AM.png

IMG_7639.jpeg
Yup you're good. The PID is "CACCT_ENG" if you want to check it with RDT.

It measures the precooled IC water temps. Roush told me it should throw a code if the coolant overheats or if the harness is disconnected.

Bmotorsports Part# SNSR-02056
https://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/398

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Yes. Only for Roush Stage III Cars. They don't sell the tune for just the SC install on a GT.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Nooooooooooooooooooooo just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water.

The Vapour Management Valve wasn't the issue. Or at least what they replaced wasn't the issue. I got 0.5km down the road and it stalled out. At a stoplight. Where the cops and firetruck were working on an accident scene. le sigh.

Back to the dealership it went.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Nooooooooooooooooooooo just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water.

The Vapour Management Valve wasn't the issue. Or at least what they replaced wasn't the issue. I got 0.5km down the road and it stalled out. At a stoplight. Where the cops and firetruck were working on an accident scene. le sigh.

Back to the dealership it went.
That's terrible.
Don't they take the car for a "test drive" before releasing the car back to the customer any more?

Good luck man.

Reactions: MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
That's terrible.
Don't they take the car for a "test drive" before releasing the car back to the customer any more?

Good luck man.
I asked that question I was told that they were pretty sure that the part they replaced was the one that was causing the issue. Although today when I was at the dealership and brought the car back, I did ask that the next time the car be test driven to confirm that the issue was gone before they called me to come pick it up. I think everybody was hoping that this will be a quick fix and we could move on.

Iā€™m sure tomorrow their team will have a quick huddle and decide on an all hands approach. Not solving the issue would be detrimental to the overall reputation of the dealership. And that would cost more money in the long run especially with them transitioning to service centres in the coming two or so years.

Having never owned a supercharged car, I thought it would be a great idea and fun as hell. Now I find myself second-guessing my decisions, which is not agood experience.

We will see what the coming days bring. Fingers crossed.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Having never owned a supercharged car, I thought it would be a great idea and fun as hell. Now I find myself second-guessing my decisions, which is not agood experience.
I'm sure they will figure it out and you will have hell lot of fun time with this car.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I'm sure they will figure it out and you will have hell lot of fun time with this car.
I'm trying to keep the faith, believe me! We'll see what the next few days reveal.

JBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Definitely focus on heat management to address the power loss from heat soak. Install an IAT2 gauge if you haven't already.

I looked into the VMP H/E. You may have some fitment issues to work through. The pump and reservoir may need to move to the driver side.

Forced Induction's interchiller kit would drastically lower the intake air temps. I haven't dyno'd mine, but the chiller has added significant gains while still running the Roush tune. The FI stage 1 kit is fairly plug and play with our setup. Pricey though.
Interesting I'll check it out. I hadn't seen much about it on here yet.

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Honestly if your buying the Roush and your cars fairly new in most cases you bought it to have the 3yr/36 warranty.

That said, imho the only good option to cool the 18 up kit is a KC or E85

Why, The KC truly cools the small intercooler down. Now you can also go E85 which protects high IATS2 too.

Both together are even better, But at that point the Roush loses its warranty

For a fun street car u occasionally race at the track the Roush is great ( I know I had one) but if youā€™re looking to tune it Iā€™d be looking at the Whipple or Odin

iā€™m real interested in what Roush does for the 24 GT, I have a suspicion the 24 kit will be more like the 15-17 kits in a sense that they will design the IC brick much better than the 18-22 kits

Iā€™m also curious about the upcoming Ford Performance Whipple kits sold through Ford which will come with a 3yr/36ā€¦..Its already available for the 21 F150 and its coming for the GT

BETTER COOLING WITH A WARRANTY
New GT coming soon šŸ˜œ

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
BETTER COOLING WITH A WARRANTY
New GT coming soon šŸ˜œ
You just killed your own thread!

But you can start a new ā€œquestion for guysā€¦.ā€ Thread in a year :)

I personally go to the strip quite often and only recently lost to a mustang with a different blower. It was a 2016 6 speed manual with e85 and a vmp setup. It took him a few tries. Most people donā€™t get more than once :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You just killed your own thread!

But you can start a new ā€œquestion for guysā€¦.ā€ Thread in a year :)

I personally go to the strip quite often and only recently lost to a mustang with a different blower. It was a 2016 6 speed manual with e85 and a vmp setup. It took him a few tries. Most people donā€™t get more than once :)
I may do that šŸ˜œ

But u cant say what I said isn't true

I dont think there r any SUB 10 Sec 2018 & up Roush cars on the planet on 93 octane

There are however a few in the 9ā€™s running either E85, a KC and or Nitrous with the Roush

At that point youā€™ve spent an extra 5 to 8k more to do what a tuned Whipple/Odin car will do on 93 out of the box.

I watched a FULL WEIGHT 18 GT Whipple on 93 (No Boostane) & the BIG 4ā€ Pulley tuned by PBD run back to back to back 10.30ā€™s@140 (65 Degree Out)

Thats impressiveā€¦.

But again weā€™ll see how Roush designs the 24 GT KIT, Iā€™ll say it right now with great confidence, it wont be this small IC BRICK like the 18-21 Kit has and it will be a superior system.

We shall wait and see, however buying a 55-60k 2024 GT and then adding a 8k blower is outta my price range. Instead Iā€™ll be waiting and looking for a low miles 19-21 sooner than later.

Iā€™m very curious about the 21 Ford Perf Whipple Kit, If Ford & Whipple actually do it šŸ™šŸ¼