Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
When I am in sports mode, cold or warm and slow down and downshift it pops. I love that sound. But mine never stalls or RPMs going up and down at a traffic stop. I drive a 6 speed manual though.

Reactions: MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I'll investigate that thread. Thanks for pointing me in the direction.

Got a video of what it is doing without the stall. I was taking my son to school this morning and it continues to do it so it's not going away any time soon. Now imagine it does this (see video) but stalls out completely at a stoplight, on a hill, in traffic. No Bueno.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
@MCS - lovin' pops and burbles in my car πŸ€ͺ . Stalling is something your dealer will need to figure out together with roush. There's no point to try to guess it for you.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
@MCS - lovin' pops and burbles in my car πŸ€ͺ . Stalling is something your dealer will need to figure out together with roush. There's no point to try to guess it for you.
Yeah, I just spoke with Meadowvale. Michelle and Brian were going over my plethora of emails from the weekend and they are convinced it's a programming thing. Brian is going to be sending Roush an email today and I'll be dropping the car off tomorrow morning and walking my ass home. Good thing it's only a 30-minute walk!

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Ok just dropped her back off at Meadowvale and walked home. 5000 steps in the books but damn it's getting cold here in Ontario.

One thing I noticed, my first time driving it in the dark post-supercharger install. Does anyone else notice their display screen brightness is locked? I tried to dial down the glowing square of doom and it would lower the brightness on my gauges and the rest of the lights in the car but not the Sync display. Is that a side effect of the flashing?

Context; trying to decide if it's the car software of my Apple CarPlay link kit.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Ford just called. It's a vapour management valve.

They were surprised it wasn't throwing a check engine light but they took a ride in the car today and observed it while it stalled; the passenger was plugged in with a laptop.

The new one is on order. Will be there tomorrow morning. Should have my girl back tomorrow night.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Ford just called. It's a vapour management valve.

They were surprised it wasn't throwing a check engine light but they took a ride in the car today and observed it while it stalled; the passenger was plugged in with a laptop.

The new one is on order. Will be there tomorrow morning. Should have my girl back tomorrow night.
That's awesome man. I'm glad they found the issue and I hope you get your car back quickly.

I love how the dealerships automatically go right for the tune, saying it's the tune. LOL It's "NEVER" the install.

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
I've read through a lot of this thread but 822 pages is a bit too much for me to go through. I have the phase 2 kit and dyno'd 595 on 91 here in CO. Pretty sure my next step up is E85 (return fuel system) and the VMP H/E. Anything I'm missing or other recommendations? Thanks.
Definitely focus on heat management to address the power loss from heat soak. Install an IAT2 gauge if you haven't already.

I looked into the VMP H/E. You may have some fitment issues to work through. The pump and reservoir may need to move to the driver side.

Forced Induction's interchiller kit would drastically lower the intake air temps. I haven't dyno'd mine, but the chiller has added significant gains while still running the Roush tune. The FI stage 1 kit is fairly plug and play with our setup. Pricey though.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there something like an upgrade kit "Roush Phase 2 to Phase 3" for model GT 2021?
Or is a Roush Phase 3 for '21s and above only available as a complete kit including the car?

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Is there something like an upgrade kit "Roush Phase 2 to Phase 3" for model GT 2021?
Or is a Roush Phase 3 for '21s and above only available as a complete kit including the car?
what exactly do you want to carry over from phase 3?

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
@SH!FT are those the two cooler kits everyone recommends? I was looking at, and my local Ford dealership, recommended the 2018-2022 Mustang Max Cooling Kit | ROUSH Performance
I considered that kit as well. It conjoins the engine coolant and the LTR coolant systems. $2200 is about what I spent on the stage 1 chiller install.

I think you'll still see high IAT2 during daily driving conditions with the Roush max cooling kit. Based on my water temp gauge the coolant temp feeding the SC needs to be below 60F to keep IAT2's within 10-15 degrees of the ambient temp. Pretty sure my water temp gauge reads high. It's hard to find a sensor that will read below 75F accurately.

If I flip the switch that directs all of the refrigerant to the chiller, the hard pipe feeding the SC frosts over. This drops IAT2 to 10-15 degrees below the ambient temp.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what exactly do you want to carry over from phase 3?
I read this at Roush's:
"...
An optional 775 horsepower upgrade is a new for 2021 ROUSH Stage 3 Mustangs. The 2020 Jack Roush Edition Mustang was our most powerful production Mustang, now you can have the same level of performance on your 2021 ROUSH Stage 3. The 775 horsepower upgrade includes:
  • A unique dual cone air filter that increases the surface area to allow more air volume
  • Upgraded supercharger belt
  • Upgraded Direct Injection (DI) Fuel Pump
  • Optimized calibration to support 775 horsepower. "
https://www.roushperformance.com/blog/2021/03/2021-roush-stage-3-engineered-for-performance/

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess its only available if you have a Roush phase 3 with 750 hp?