Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Yessir.. I just received the call. Not sure if the belt will be covered but the rest of it will be. Just waiting on the part from Roush now.
I would think the belt failure was caused by the bearing failure and will be covered.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I would think the belt failure was caused by the bearing failure and will be covered.
That’s exactly what I said so I will verify with roush myself if I need to. I can’t think of a reason they wouldn’t if it was the bearing that failed first. I have yet to have any issues with the warranty so I’m not too worried.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
That’s exactly what I said so I will verify with roush myself if I need to. I can’t think of a reason they wouldn’t if it was the bearing that failed first. I have yet to have any issues with the warranty so I’m not too worried.
I wouldn't be either. Sounds obvious, but keep us posted.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Hope that part arrives fast.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Been awhile but good to see this thread still going.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
@hlfbkd420

Did you get your Mustang back yet? All good to go?
Not yet.. Dropped car off on Tuesday the 30th and they told me the next day the belt and pulley were toast so they submitted a claim to Roush. Long story short, Roush said car WAS NOT covered because a warranty card wasn't sent it within the first 30 days of purchase. Had to call the installing dealer and the dude who works in parts said he's installed hundreds of kits and NEVER filled out a card.. Apparently they must do this from now on. Anyway, took some time and back and forth but Roush made me fill out a card and send it in. On Friday they FINALLY said they were sending parts and covering it under warranty..

Hoping the car is back to me by Wednesday so I can drive it to Vegas.. Otherwise my wife will have to pick it up for me.

Both dealers I'm working with have been great.. Glad Roush finally figured it out.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Not yet.. Dropped car off on Tuesday the 30th and they told me the next day the belt and pulley were toast so they submitted a claim to Roush. Long story short, Roush said car WAS NOT covered because a warranty card wasn't sent it within the first 30 days of purchase. Had to call the installing dealer and the dude who works in parts said he's installed hundreds of kits and NEVER filled out a card.. Apparently they must do this from now on. Anyway, took some time and back and forth but Roush made me fill out a card and send it in. On Friday they FINALLY said they were sending parts and covering it under warranty..

Hoping the car is back to me by Wednesday so I can drive it to Vegas.. Otherwise my wife will have to pick it up for me.

Both dealers I'm working with have been great.. Glad Roush finally figured it out.
Awesome man.
Good luck. I hope you get it back in time for Vegas!

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT

That’s the first thing I did when I got home after the install was fill that card out just in case they tried to play stupid game like that. Of course it was a waste because two months later I modified everything so the card was useless! 🤣

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
That’s the first thing I did when I got home after the install was fill that card out just in case they tried to play stupid game like that. Of course it was a waste because two months later I modified everything so the card was useless! 🤣
I asked about 4 years ago when I bought my 2018... The dealer said there was no need to send it in and they take care of it with their purchase order.. When I bought my 19 2 years ago I didn't even ask. I mean, they are a Roush/Ford authorized dealer so why do they need to fill one out!?

The guy in parts said he ripped a kit open to find these cards.. He said he finally found it between two pieces of packaging material that said "throw me away". LOL.

I just wish Roush could have sent the parts immediately whether they were warrantying it or not. Oh well, taking my cars in for any kind of service other than an oil change normally results in a 5 day stay...

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I had to hand in my warranty myself, Steeda told me so. Day later Roush confirmed via email I am covered now.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
I had to hand in my warranty myself, Steeda told me so. Day later Roush confirmed via email I am covered now.
All good. I bought a new electric to get me around. Show's up today :p Going to use it to get back and forth to work (5 miles each way) until it cools off and I can ride my bicycle.

1662839364648.png

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Same here, filled it out myself and made sure I get and keep confirmation email from roush.

@hlfbkd420 , glad you got it sorted out. Nice scooter btw đź‘Ť
Damn scooter was supposed to be here tonight but it got delayed!!!! More irritated about that than the car! :p