Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Oh, one more thing and this is a bit of a controversial topic: When I was considering superchargers, virtually all of the installers in my area warned me to upgrade oil pump gears and crank sprocket if I went with Whipple due to the higher redline and shift points. With the Roush, no one felt it was necessary since they keep the shift points and redline stock. You might want to check with your installers about that.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Oh, one more thing and this is a bit of a controversial topic: When I was considering superchargers, virtually all of the installers in my area warned me to upgrade oil pump gears and crank sprocket if I went with Whipple due to the higher redline and shift points. With the Roush, no one felt it was necessary since they keep the shift points and redline stock. You might want to check with your installers about that.
I've got inquiries in with 3 local Ford dealerships (that all do the same thing for moderately different costs LOL) for the Roush Phase 2' we'll see what they say.

That is on my list of questions though for the Whipple shop installer.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Whipple has a longggggggh wait. Check out VMP Performance and there 2650 Odin kit which is a great alternative to Whipple if you don’t want to go Roush. Roush kit is great for what it is if you will be satisfied with the power, but if your going to ever want more power then choose a different kit.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Whipple has a longggggggh wait. Check out VMP Performance and there 2650 Odin kit which is a great alternative to Whipple if you don’t want to go Roush. Roush kit is great for what it is if you will be satisfied with the power, but if your going to ever want more power then choose a different kit.
Da Silva told me 7-10 weeks for Whipple :(

I don't know any shop here in Ontario that installs the Odin. I did check out Dude in Blue's video on it and it looked intriguing. Plus, the name is bragging rights alone, but I don't think any of the shops here will install it for me.

As for the power; I'm not looking to break land speed records. I just want plug and play bump into the 600rwhp range and call it a day. Reliability, Low Maintance. I like my cars like my women; easy to work with, low maintenance but fast as hell when needed.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Da Silva told me 7-10 weeks for Whipple :(

I don't know any shop here in Ontario that installs the Odin. I did check out Dude in Blue's video on it and it looked intriguing. Plus, the name is bragging rights alone, but I don't think any of the shops here will install it for me.

As for the power; I'm not looking to break land speed records. I just want plug and play bump into the 600rwhp range and call it a day. Reliability, Low Maintance. I like my cars like my women; easy to work with, low maintenance but fast as hell when needed.
You just described the Roush....and the woman of my dreams.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I just want plug and play bump into the 600rwhp range and call it a day. Reliability, Low Maintance. I like my cars like my women; easy to work with, low maintenance but fast as hell when needed.
My ROUSH Phase 1 was installed last week, I got 653 at the wheel, couldn't be happier. :like:

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
This right here based on what you're looking for. Just returned for a week business travel. Found an excuse for a short ride. Always brings a smile :) Seriously considering installing the Roush Upgraded cooling kit this fall/winter. Other then that, the care is perfect for me.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Looks like the Roush Phase 2 is the way to go for you MCS from what you say your looking for.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The Phase 2 Roush guys are putting down serious power for a street warrior/weekend fun car.
Well over 600rwhp and well over 500rwtq. That makes for a killer performer with killer drive ability attributes. (Go check out Brenspeed on Youtube.)
The Whipple is a killer kit as well. Better cooling, if you are going to be racing every weekend. The throttle body on the Whipple is a lot better as well.

Good luck @MCS

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
virtually all of the installers in my area warned me to upgrade oil pump gears and crank sprocket if I went with Whipple due to the higher redline and shift points. With the Roush, no one felt it was necessary since they keep the shift points and redline stock.
With the Wengerd tune I'm pretty sure I'm seeing shift points at close to 8k in all gears. No oil pump gears or other work so far... Over half the 20,000 miles on my car have been with the tune. I haven't been easy on it.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
For you Roush guys, who did you get to Dyno your car after installation? The local Ford Dealership that quoted me the best price doesn't do, or have a relationship with anyone who does, post-install Dyno work.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For you Roush guys, who did you get to Dyno your car after installation? The local Ford Dealership that quoted me the best price doesn't do, or have a relationship with anyone who does, post-install Dyno work.
All done by STEEDA (certified installers), fortunately I am only 15 mins away.

Reactions: MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
All done by STEEDA (certified installers), fortunately I am only 15 mins away.
I have STEEDA.CA within about 30-40 minutes of me and I know they have a Dyno but not sure they are Roush installers. Not sure if Da Silva has a Dyno or not. I'll have to check.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have STEEDA.CA within about 30-40 minutes of me and I know they have a Dyno but not sure they are Roush installers. Not sure if Da Silva has a Dyno or not. I'll have to check.
One more thing, Steeda advised me to have the Roush kit delivered to their location. Otherwise I would have a crate sitting in my driveway, and I don't have a truck, etc. You may want to ask whatever installer you pick if that is possible. I haven't seen an unpacked Roush kit yet.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
One more thing, Steeda advised me to have the Roush kit delivered to their location. Otherwise I would have a crate sitting in my driveway, and I don't have a truck, etc. You may want to ask whatever installer you pick if that is possible. I haven't seen an unpacked Roush kit yet.
If I proceed with this it'll go to the Ford Dealership (as well as the Coil Covers). I don't have a truck either and so when I had my stock hood removed I was fortunate that the Bodyshop Manager had a truck and for a little cash on the side, he brought it to me.