Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I guess I'm lucky in NY and rarely see any heatsoak issues even when I beat on it.
Yeah you definitely have a slight advantage up north. The killer chiller definitely made the iat2’s turn around and drop faster but it still just wasn’t enough to keep me happy.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Bruce I wanted to have more room to grow hp/tq wise and even with the KC installed the FL weather still caused enough heat soak to bother me so I pulled the trigger on something else. I will be switching to the new ESS brand centrifugal supercharger. Running their G3 kit with xtrim and a 100mm pulley it should get me into the 900 whp range and still give me a lot of room to grow.
Wow, that sounds pretty beastly Billy. Is that 900 on stock motor/internals and all?
Who will be doing the tuning?

I never had any issues in Minnesota, either.
Hi Bruce. Is that your new car in your avatar? What model did you go with?
I currently have the mega-hots for a '22/'23 M3 Competition with xDrive really bad. LOL What a beast of a car. Classy and fast.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I would love to put e85 in my car And do some other mods, but unfortunately the dragstrip here is closing. It’s Way more power than I need on the street as it is. That may not stop me though.

Last edited:

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I currently have the mega-hots for a '22/'23 M3 Competition with xDrive really bad. LOL What a beast of a car. Classy and fast.
I have an M550i. Completely stock, I ran 11.6 @ 123. It is quiet, comfortable, and has lots of technology. It is an awesome combination of luxury and performance.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Feeling the same way about the latest M4 Comp with X drive lol. But the new c8 eRay with its rwd gas and fwd elec making it somewhat awd sounds like a blast too!

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Wow, that sounds pretty beastly Billy. Is that 900 on stock motor/internals and all?
Who will be doing the tuning?

Yes stock motor and internals for now as well as transmission. Already starting to research upgrades for both because they will both only last so long at that level. Wengerd tuned my Roush and will also be doing my ESS tune.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I have an M550i. Completely stock, I ran 11.6 @ 123. It is quiet, comfortable, and has lots of technology. It is an awesome combination of luxury and performance.
Very, very nice man.
Congrats and enjoy!

Feeling the same way about the latest M4 Comp with X drive lol. But the new c8 eRay with its rwd gas and fwd elec making it somewhat awd sounds like a blast too!
Nice car, the M4 Comp with xDrive!
Not too crazy about the C8 design. Still hasn't grown on me.

Yes stock motor and internals for now as well as transmission. Already starting to research upgrades for both because they will both only last so long at that level. Wengerd tuned my Roush and will also be doing my ESS tune.
Nice man. Gonna be beast!

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Long Time thread watcher,
I have a 2020 GT A10 with a Roush Phase 2 installed. I called VMP today about a tune. They advised I needed to install their BAP along with the Tune. Do all the Roush Custom Tunes for 2018+ require a BAP?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Long Time thread watcher,
I have a 2020 GT A10 with a Roush Phase 2 installed. I called VMP today about a tune. They advised I needed to install their BAP along with the Tune. Do all the Roush Custom Tunes for 2018+ require a BAP?
Nope... Not mine. Tuned by @Wengerd Performance just fine.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
My god, this thread is huge. I am going to have to take the afternoon off so I can read it. I'm having that internal debate between Roush and Whipple, safety, reliability, low maintenance blah blah blah.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Nope... Not mine. Tuned by @Wengerd Performance just fine.
I am surprised to hear that. With the Roush tune, the stock fuel pump was marginal according to many sources. I put a DW400 on mine to avoid a CEL for a lean condition. Stymee put a BAP on his.

Wengerd has a great reputation so he must know what he is doing. Maybe his tune doesn't run as rich as the Roush tune.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
My god, this thread is huge. I am going to have to take the afternoon off so I can read it. I'm having that internal debate between Roush and Whipple, safety, reliability, low maintenance blah blah blah.
Afternoon off? You must be a fast reader. I would need a week.

What are your goals? Fast street car? Drag racing? Is a powertrain warranty a consideration? What is the climate like in your location?

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Afternoon off? You must be a fast reader. I would need a week.

What are your goals? Fast street car? Drag racing? Is a powertrain warranty a consideration? What is the climate like in your location?
Fast Street / Fun Toy
Yes, the powertrain is a consideration
We're in a heat wave here in the Toronto area but cooler than Florida or Cali for sure!

I started this poll a couple of weeks ago - Roush Phase 2 (installed by Ford) or Whipple Stage 2 (Installed by shop) on my 2021 GT Premium?

Looks like Whipple is crushing it 60% or more to 40%.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Fast Street / Fun Toy
Yes, the powertrain is a consideration
We're in a heat wave here in the Toronto area but cooler than Florida or Cali for sure!

I started this poll a couple of weeks ago - Roush Phase 2 (installed by Ford) or Whipple Stage 2 (Installed by shop) on my 2021 GT Premium?

Looks like Whipple is crushing it 60% or more to 40%.
Oh yeah, I saw that thread. If powertrain warranty is a priority, Roush is the choice. For street use, the performance is stellar....excellent drivability and brutal acceleration....with sticky tires.

There is lots of talk about heat soak with the Roush. I never experienced that here in Minnesota. I drag raced in 60-70 degree weather and consistently ran high 10s with no loss of performance. I would NOT expect that on a hotter day, though.

If you are the type who always wants more and plan to continue upgrading, Whipple has more potential. The design of the Whipple most certainly makes it less prone to heat soak so if drag racing in 90+ degree weather is a goal, the Whipple would be better.

In terms of street performance...0-80 or so, I doubt there is much difference in performance.