Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
Robo I started this thread, where have u been…ahahahahaha!!!!
The cyber world finally decided to share it with me

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
So you can’t put feeler threads in the FS forum so I figured I’d turn to you guys. Contemplating going in a different direction with my car. Do you guys feel there is a decent value in resale of a Roush kit? If so around what value? Kit has 3800 miles on it and works flawlessly I would also sell it with a 2.7 pulley and killer chiller. Only thing that would be missing from the kit would be new spark plugs and the factory Roush calibration. Let me know your thoughts and thanks in advance!

Markuaw1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 gt mustang convertible 10 speed Roush 2650
If you can find somebody looking for that set up, and willing to buy used. Probably a little over half of what you got in it.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Turbo’s or Maggie coming?
Not 100% sure yet. Been looking at the ESS kits and my shop is trying to get me into a custom TT setup. Both will allow me growth potential since I’ve pretty much reached the limits of what the Roush can do and will take a lot of the heat I’m combating out from under the hood.

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
Its baaaaaaaaaaaaack. 16k miles later and the check engine light came back on. Not to worried about it. scanned it and came back as a knock sensor. I did notice the car cranked a little longer than normal to start and sounded weak. That happened twice before the CEL light came on and it only came on after a decent on ramp pull. My guess is i got some regular gas at premium price. Luckily most of that tank was spent driving civilized. I cleared the code filled tank up with new gas and stomped on it with no CEL as of yet.
I would have loved to swing it into the dealership for a quick scan but given Tindols track record with me I passed. If it returns i will drop it off though.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Its baaaaaaaaaaaaack. 16k miles later and the check engine light came back on. Not to worried about it. scanned it and came back as a knock sensor. I did notice the car cranked a little longer than normal to start and sounded weak. That happened twice before the CEL light came on and it only came on after a decent on ramp pull. My guess is i got some regular gas at premium price. Luckily most of that tank was spent driving civilized. I cleared the code filled tank up with new gas and stomped on it with no CEL as of yet.
I would have loved to swing it into the dealership for a quick scan but given Tindols track record with me I passed. If it returns i will drop it off though.
I had the rough start a few times but only when the engine is warm. Never cold. No CEL but definitely something that has happened before no matter the tune. Just did it today and a few days ago and I don’t have the roush time any longer

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Not 100% sure yet. Been looking at the ESS kits and my shop is trying to get me into a custom TT setup. Both will allow me growth potential since I’ve pretty much reached the limits of what the Roush can do and will take a lot of the heat I’m combating out from under the hood.
IMHO in a warmer climate I think the Centri might be the way to go, but if u have a auto a converter may be needed for best ET.

However if the budgets there, TT kit would be sick, just $$$$

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
IMHO in a warmer climate I think the Centri might be the way to go, but if u have a auto a converter may be needed for best ET.

However if the budgets there, TT kit would be sick, just $$$$
Totally agree! My shop mostly deals with turbo’s so they are dying to throw a pair in, they have previously done a single in a Mustang that was for track only. We have even tossed around the idea of doing a water to air intercooler since I already have the killer chiller installed.

Last edited:

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Any one know why they pull the factory crank damper off just to replace it with the same exact damper?
ADBFDBF2-7D5B-4438-AFC0-0628B98F7DCC.jpeg

CDB6FF24-2CB1-4D89-A9D9-56EA121E806E.jpeg

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Iirc the 2018 and some 2019 got an oem fluid damper. Then ford cheaped out and downgraded the stock ones to an elastomer style. I’m guessing Roush wants your car to have the fluid model.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Iirc the 2018 and some 2019 got an oem fluid damper. Then ford cheaped out and downgraded the stock ones to an elastomer style. I’m guessing Roush wants your car to have the fluid model.
I understand. My concern is I was looking through all my stock items that I got back after the Roush install and I don’t have a factory crank damper in my box. I’m trying to sell my kit as a whole and had planned on putting the stock back on. So either they left the stock one on or threw my stock one away when they did the install.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Nice YT review made over my Roush P2 car:

WOTPULLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 and 2015 Mustang GT, Roush Supercharged,
the rubber versions will deteriorate over time with high rpm/hard use so they swapped to the fluid style like you said pre 2019's had. Ford discontinued the "fluid filled" ones. They actually are made by fluidampr for Roush it says it on the outside of them. Specific part to Roush it looks like since they couldnt get the ford one.