Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I didnt think techs at most dealers are ASE certified? This is from one of their warranties "purchased from an Authorized ROUSH Dealer is correctly and completely installed by a certified Ford automotive technician or automotive service technician certified by the Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)". It seems like they dont think its the same.

By the way, does anyone have a link for the powertrain warranty for the phase 2 supercharger? None of the ones on their site seem to list this kit (422184).
Here you go. Page 31 I think

Edit: after looking through the warranty, 422184 is listed nowhere. I hope I didn't just get shafted on a warranty. If I did and there is no warranty, I'm going to go after the dealership to see if I can get some kind of rebate. And then I'll take the kit off and sell it and buy someone's upgraded whipple kit or maybe another procharger. It would just mean my TTT (time til tinkering) got reduced.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Here you go. Page 31 I think
That seems to be the same thing as they have on their site and the part number for this kit (422184) doesn't seem to be listed anywhere. Page 31 has the p/n for the phase 1 kit and a kit for the F150.

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
That seems to be the same thing as they have on their site and the part number for this kit (422184) doesn't seem to be listed anywhere. Page 31 has the p/n for the phase 1 kit and a kit for the F150.
See my edit just above. I've reached out to my salesman and he should have the answer. I'll let you know when I hear something.

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
See my edit just above. I've reached out to my salesman and he should have the answer. I'll let you know when I hear something.
It definitely came with a warranty, its advertised on their page and everywhere else its sold. It looks like the last time that was updated was 2019, I would guess that is why. They also have another one on their site that says it was updated this April, but it still does not list the p/n for this supercharger.

Last edited:

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
It definitely came with a warranty, its advertised on their page and everywhere else its sold. It looks like the last time that was updated was 2019, I would guess that is why. They also have another one on their site that it says it was updated this April, but it still does not listed the p/n for this supercharger.
I'm sure you're right, but roush could absolutely deny any claim if they don't have a warranty with the part number listed. Maybe it's just hiding somewhere else. I'll look around as well.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Anyone know at what IAT(2) the LUND tunes will start pulling timing? Ive read 140f, but wanted to try and verify.

Thanks

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
If lund is anything like stock, Roush, and predator, then it’s a curve that spans the entire possible operating range of charge temps. The only tune I’ve seen that doesn’t do this is Whipple.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
If lund is anything like stock, Roush, and predator, then it’s a curve that spans the entire possible operating range of charge temps. The only tune I’ve seen that doesn’t do this is Whipple.
Keep in mind whipple leaves the MAF intake air temp sensor, and provides a seperate IAT2 sensor for the manifold.
Whipple starts to pull timing at 150* f IAT2 and 230*f ECT according to HPT, but their calibrations are a custom OS and treat timing different than stock. Those two points are just above normal opeating temperatures. They don't use those tables to add timing in when temperature goes a favorable direction. They let the knock sensor do it until it reaches their desired timing. Their software allowed me to adjust timing a very wide range, and it did things like close the throttle when too much knock was detected. They even had a "race" timing option which let it run MBT 22* with out knock sensor slowly getting it up there only reducing when it sensed knock. Its the only calibration that I've seen allowing the user to go from past the ragged edge to conservative AF, all in the safest possible manner.
Timing is also a function of load, which its self will increase/ decrease with air temperature.

Who knows what Lund does exactly. It doesn't really matter their tunes work well. They leave the knock advance active so adjustments for air temperature could be helpful or hurtful depending on available octane. Im sure they have saftey in mind when things get way outta expected temperature ranges.

Last edited:

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Hey Mark, sounds like the Whipple gen3 cal doesn’t work the same as the Gen2…

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
It definitely came with a warranty, its advertised on their page and everywhere else its sold. It looks like the last time that was updated was 2019, I would guess that is why. They also have another one on their site that says it was updated this April, but it still does not list the p/n for this supercharger.
I just spoke with my contact at the dealership and he assured me that the warranty was good, but that he hadn't noticed the lack of the part number in the warranty until now. He said he's going to kick that up the line and see if they can get it updated.

Last edited:

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
Yea Levittown is now at 2400. for the max cooling kit.
Really, that's hard to believe? Roush has it on their site for $2,225. When I bought it from them last August Roush was over $2k and Levittown charged me $1,680.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Really, that's hard to believe? Roush has it on their site for $2,225. When I bought it from them last August Roush was over $2k and Levittown charged me $1,680.
What are your thoughts on the kit? I apologize if you have answered that in this thread.

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
What are your thoughts on the kit? I apologize if you have answered that in this thread.
I think the vents look good, and you can feel a lot of heat coming out of the fenders, but beyond that I dont really know how much of a benefit it is. It was installed at the same time as the supercharger so I dont have any before and after comparison. I have only had it for a few months, and the one event I have attended was a 1/3 mile and it was 45°F. The car had no issues with heat, but given the temperature that might have been true anyway.

Chuck2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1992 Mustang GT Vert.
Yea must be something wrong with the site. Says MSRP 2224.99 you save 170.60 Final Price 2395.59 :cwl:. Should be $2054.