Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Yea best time was a 10.01 on 93 octane. I ended up going e85 and smaller upper pulley. For sure would have been mid 9s. Guess we'll never know šŸ˜¢.
Iā€™ll try and carry on the torch for you my friend!

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Is there any trick to removing the filter?
Itā€™s 5 screws and two bolts depending on how the hose clamp is positioned. My hose clamp was positioned so I could not get to the screw so I had to remove two bolts in the air box to remove the filter.

TonyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, Roush Stage 2 SC kit, Roush axel back / x-pipe, chin splitter, aero foil and side scoops, GT350R wheels
Itā€™s 5 screws and two bolts depending on how the hose clamp is positioned. My hose clamp was positioned so I could not get to the screw so I had to remove two bolts in the air box to remove the filter.
That is how I remove mine. I bought a 2nd one so that I can put a clean one in then wash the one I take out.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Last edited:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Hello to all my former Roush gang. Jokerz Performance has come out with a upgraded intercooler brick for Roush 2650 superchargers. Since that appears to be one of the biggest issue with this set up this may be a game changer to improve cooling and performance.

https://jokerzperformance.com/product/pwr-roush-2650-upgraded-coolant-bricks/
I agree.
Whomever comes out with an intercooler brick WITH PROVEN RESULTS that shows it stays cooler will be hitting a homerun. It bet it's a big seller as a lot of people have the Roush 2650 kit it seems.

I was just going to quote the other person that posted it earlier in this thread stating that it would be a huge game changer.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Quick question on boast gauge and reading range. Running P2 SC upgrade on RS3 Roush tune. What are others seeing at idle for boast gauge?

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If that brick works, this kit then becomes a whole different animal

Again, I hope it works and some u get one and see positive results

Thread Starterā€¦.Lolololol

Chuck2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1992 Mustang GT Vert.
New to the group guys. Picked up a Roushcharged 18' PP1 w/ A10. Seems to be a phase 1 and has the smaller LTR. Car has Kooks LTH and MF exhaust. I've searched a lot and it sounds like a custom tune is the route to go. Also leaning towards an PNR Stage 4 ice tank. That being said should I skip purchasing the larger LTR from Roush? Also this may sound silly but I would like to do a few autox events with the car for fun. I know IATs are going to be an issue but am I in danger of hurting anything? If it is just a loss in power I don't mind because I will never be able to use it all on the course.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
New to the group guys. Picked up a Roushcharged 18' PP1 w/ A10. Seems to be a phase 1 and has the smaller LTR. Car has Kooks LTH and MF exhaust. I've searched a lot and it sounds like a custom tune is the route to go. Also leaning towards an PNR Stage 4 ice tank. That being said should I skip purchasing the larger LTR from Roush? Also this may sound silly but I would like to do a few autox events with the car for fun. I know IATs are going to be an issue but am I in danger of hurting anything? If it is just a loss in power I don't mind because I will never be able to use it all on the course.
Anything and everything you can do for cooling I would do. The heat that the engine and SC produce together is absolutely outrageous especially if you live in a warmer climate. I would definitely recommend the bigger heat exchanger in combination with the ice tank and probably lower thermostat along with even maybe a better radiator depending on how much you are gonna track it and if it will be long periods of time. All in all the better you can cool it the better things will be and work for you.

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Disclaimer first, I know not the best option. But i can give you other options to explore. I'm sure there are results for most of these, but I haven't seen them or had personal experience.

A few posts up, a new intercooler brick is offered and is apparently going to have some results out soon. https://jokerzperformance.com/product/pwr-roush-2650-upgraded-coolant-bricks/

There is also the Interchiller, which uses your factory AC to make your inlet temps close to 32F.

Then there is always methanol, which is good for knock but also can be used very safely to just reduce IATs.

Roush has the whole cooling upgrade thing with extra small radiators in the fender wells, but that option is a little over 3k if I remember correctly.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
- Upgraded Intercooler Brick from Jokerz Performance

- Upgraded Heat Exchanger whether you go with the larger Roush version or VMP Triple Pass

- Low Temp Thermostat

- Tune from Palm Beach Dyno, VMP or Wengerd