Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
My last update was I think in Aug-Sep last year.

I haven't had any cooling issues with street driving, so haven't really looked into the cooling package. I thought I read that it could be pretty expensive (labor wise), and the cost to upgrade.

Two questions.

1. Has Roush released a new tune recently? Have a 19 RS3 6 Speed and had the last tune uploaded last summer.

2. Anyone retrofitted / installed the Roush Upgraded cooling package? If yes, how difficult to complete in the garage and how much difference does it make?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
flip back some 80 to 90 pages or search for the other thread. There is at least one person that installed it (max cooling package) themselves here on the forum. I have not heard results.

TonyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, Roush Stage 2 SC kit, Roush axel back / x-pipe, chin splitter, aero foil and side scoops, GT350R wheels
Two questions.

1. Has Roush released a new tune recently? Have a 19 RS3 6 Speed and had the last tune uploaded last summer.

2. Anyone retrofitted / installed the Roush Upgraded cooling package? If yes, how difficult to complete in the garage and how much difference does it make?
I just checked last week on my 2019 GT with the Stage 2 installed. No updated calibration since last summer. You can email customer service your VIN and they'll check for you.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
So, what do these "updates" entail? Does anyone know? Trans tuning? More power/torque? What's the reasoning behind the "updates".
I haven't had my car to the dealership ever and probably will never, unless I trade it in. lol

Curious. Thanks.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
The updates tend to deal with reported problems. For the autos, a lot of them have to do with trans tuning. I don't think any of them ups the power or torque levels. Mine had an issue with not being able to exceed 6k rpm in 3rd gear. The latest update took care of that problem for me.

So, what do these "updates" entail? Does anyone know? Trans tuning? More power/torque? What's the reasoning behind the "updates".
I haven't had my car to the dealership ever and probably will never, unless I trade it in. lol

Curious. Thanks.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL

Curious. Thanks.
I had the dreaded 123mph bug (or was it a feature?) where the care wouldn't shift into 7th at WOT in any mode other than standard (I think).

Stage_3 is your car still a P1 then?

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I had the dreaded 123mph bug (or was it a feature?) where the care wouldn't shift into 7th at WOT in any mode other than standard (I think).

Yeah his 19 RS3 is still on the Phase 1 and he didn’t have the 123 issue. My 19 RS3 had the 123 issue on the Phase 1 at the time and was fixed with a updated calibration. I have since had the Phase 2 upgrade done and never had the 123 issue on this calibration. Always good from time to time to email Roush with your VIN and see if any updates have been released.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Yes, I am on Phase 1. I haven't done anything with the car mod wise since I had it. Shit, I barely drive it. LOL
@hossman says the Phase 2 is pretty awesome and according to his quarter miles runs, I would say so. According to what others are posting here, it seems it is a great upgrade.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Hossman, I think I may have missed something in that video. Are we expecting anything less from Crank 750 hp vs Crank 450-500 hp?

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
It’s a pretty quick car especially with a tune and E85. Just entertainment
Two questions.

Hadelson I emailed Roush with my VIN to see if there was a updated calibration for my car since I had the Phase 1 to Phase 2 upgrade installed last summer and there actually is a updated calibration and they sent me a voucher code. You should email Roush with your VIN and find out.

[email protected]

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I email them once a quarter :)

Hadelson I emailed Roush with my VIN to see if there was a updated calibration for my car since I had the Phase 1 to Phase 2 upgrade installed last summer and there actually is a updated calibration and they sent me a voucher code. You should email Roush with your VIN and find out.

[email protected]

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully you have a dealership within a reasonable distance that has the equipment to download the Roush calibrations. I have a choice of driving 2 hours south or 2 hours west.

[email protected]

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
anyone having multiple personality disorder with this kit? right now shes fun, light and sporty. Last week she felt bloated and sluggish, maybe it was that month idk.
I think its just very sensitive to fuel. I have been trying to fuel up at the same spot lately just to eliminate any variables.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work

[email protected]
Thanks