Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I have been driving around with the supercharger for a couple of weeks now and I have noticed something, it never downshifts into second gear. It holds third for a long time, down to six or seven mph and then shifts to first. Now I know even the stock tune will skip gears but this seem like a low speed to still be in third gear. I probably wouldn't thought much about it but I have now had the car stall twice. Has anyone else had an issue like this?

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
Im not sure what I am looking at there. When I emailed Roush they said it was not normal. I have an appointment for my dealer to take a look at it but thought maybe someone else has had the same issue. It doesn't seem normal that it would be programed to shift in such a way as to have the cal stall.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Those are the downshift tables that shows it’s almost never supposed to downshift into 2nd gear. Skipping 2nd isn’t the cause of your stalling.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
For those that have the Lund guage, what did you do to get the boost pressure to show on the guage? Thanks.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
So.. After a few weeks of having some 20" MT Street S/S on my car, I'm inclined to say they blow the 555RII's away on the street. Turning TC results in some ridiculously quick acceleration.

Heading to the strip tomorrow night, will report back. Best 60' on 20" 555RII's was a 1.7. Afterwards we will see how long these last. Nitto's lasted 6 to 6.5k.. With the amount of rubber these things put on the undercarriage I don't think it will be worth the extra $250 but we shall see.

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
Those are the downshift tables that shows it’s almost never supposed to downshift into 2nd gear. Skipping 2nd isn’t the cause of your stalling.
I emailed Roush the same as what I posted and this was their response "I spoke with one of my techs and he said something is off, as it should be able to downshift through all the gears." Maybe you are right and he misunderstood the question. I tried to do some testing today and noticed a few others things that might hint at a problem, not sure. I think I should start a new thread though.

One quick question now though; should it go through second when up shifting? One of the other things I noticed is it doesn't seem to like doing that either.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I emailed Roush the same as what I posted and this was their response "I spoke with one of my techs and he said something is off, as it should be able to downshift through all the gears." Maybe you are right and he misunderstood the question. I tried to do some testing today and noticed a few others things that might hint at a problem, not sure. I think I should start a new thread though.

One quick question now though; should it go through second when up shifting? One of the other things I noticed is it doesn't seem to like doing that either.
The 10A is designed to skip 2nd and 4th in normal mode when accelerating at low to moderate throttle. It only uses all gears under heavy throttle. Sport mode uses all the gears regardless of throttle position. It should also skip 2nd on downshifts in normal drive mode.

Sometimes Roush's responses make me shake my head in disbelief. Unless your torque converter is locked which it should not be, there is no way your transmission shift behavior can cause stalling.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
The skip-shifting going up varies by year and tune. The early Gen3 stuff would skip 2nd and 4th at light-to moderate throttle in normal mode. In sport it would hit every gear on the way up regardless of throttle. The later stuff skips 2nd at light throttle in both base and sport modes.

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
The 10A is designed to skip 2nd and 4th in normal mode when accelerating at low to moderate throttle. It only uses all gears under heavy throttle. Sport mode uses all the gears regardless of throttle position. It should also skip 2nd on downshifts in normal drive mode.

Sometimes Roush's responses make me shake my head in disbelief. Unless your torque converter is locked which it should not be, there is no way your transmission shift behavior can cause stalling.
The skip-shifting going up varies by year and tune. The early Gen3 stuff would skip 2nd and 4th at light-to moderate throttle in normal mode. In sport it would hit every gear on the way up regardless of throttle. The later stuff skips 2nd at light throttle in both base and sport modes.
Mine only goes into 2nd under light throttle. At moderate to heavy throttle it goes straight to 3rd. But after shifting into 2nd the car very quickly wants to shift to 3rd, regardless of throttle position. So I will be driving with light throttle in normal mode, 1st will go up to about 3500 rpm. Once in 2nd, even if I am slowing down, the car will shift to 3rd, sometimes immediately but always within a few seconds. So when I noticed it I tested it a number of times. Accelerate slowly till it shifts to 2nd and immediately take my foot off the gas. RPMs will drop as the car starts to slow but then it will shift into 3rd.

I will have to double check but I also dont remember it skipping 4th in normal mode.

I also put it in sport mode to hold, and shift through, 2nd. I noticed the shift into and out of 2nd is nowhere near as smooth as all the other gears, and the car has a slight jerk when stepping on or letting off the gas in 2nd.

Even if unrelated, I know there must be something wrong with it stalling. Its just seems there are a bunch of issues I am noticing around 2nd gear that I dont see in others.

I was thinking maybe I should try doing the adaptive learning reset?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
As I recall, there were a few instances of under VERY light throttle (barely moving) that I would see 2nd briefly pop up. Otherwise, in normal mode and normal throttle, 2nd was skipped as it should be. Shuffling through so many gears to get to 25 MPH is unnecessary. Again, under WOT or close to it, all gears would be present and accounted for. My car was a 2018 with the latest Roush tune. It behaved pretty much the same way as stock without the SC.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I'll go ahead and leave this here to confuse the hell out of everyone.

The shift tables are in transmission output-shaft speed. The first cell to trigger a shift is when the shift happens. For example, in Base mode (normal/drive), it will shift 1-2 up to 15% pedal because the 1-2 values are lower than 1-3. In many cases, 10,000 is used to ensure that shift never happens.

Capture.JPG

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
I'll go ahead and leave this here to confuse the hell out of everyone.

The shift tables are in transmission output-shaft speed. The first cell to trigger a shift is when the shift happens. For example, in Base mode (normal/drive), it will shift 1-2 up to 15% pedal because the 1-2 values are lower than 1-3. In many cases, 10,000 is used to ensure that shift never happens.

Capture.JPG
Am I right you can get engine rpm by multiplying by the gear ratio?

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Two questions.

1. Has Roush released a new tune recently? Have a 19 RS3 6 Speed and had the last tune uploaded last summer.

2. Anyone retrofitted / installed the Roush Upgraded cooling package? If yes, how difficult to complete in the garage and how much difference does it make?