Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
@hossman How much of a change is from 255/40/19 to 285/30/19 and 325/30/19?

Going to change my wheels tomorrow but my dealer will not open tomorrow so I will need to drive the car without recalibration for about couple weeks. Lot to be concerned?
You
@hossman How much of a change is from 255/40/19 to 285/30/19 and 325/30/19?

Going to change my wheels tomorrow but my dealer will not open tomorrow so I will need to drive the car without recalibration for about couple weeks. Lot to be concerned?
Nothing to be too concerned with especially if you have a manual transmission. Even if you have a auto your Speedo will be off a bit and your transmission may shift a bit early because the revs per mile in the calibration was not set for that size tire but you should have no issues. I would definitely have the tire size adjusted in the tune if you have the auto when ever you get a chance.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Kit all completed and seems to keep the iat2 down very well. I am in the east coast so it is colder and will have to wait until spring or summer to see how good it really works.

IMG_20211127_135426.jpg

IMG_20211127_135513~2.jpg

IMG_20211127_135441~3.jpg
Looks really nice on the white. Are the hood vents stock? Are they matte or gloss black? Iā€™m interested to see how this performs in warm weather. I havenā€™t seen anyone with this installed or anyone with a 20 or 21 RS3 that comes in the car. Keep us updated!

jchamp922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Looks really nice on the white. Are the hood vents stock? Are they matte or gloss black? Iā€™m interested to see how this performs in warm weather. I havenā€™t seen anyone with this installed or anyone with a 20 or 21 RS3 that comes in the car. Keep us updated!
Thanks. Will keep you you guys posted. The hood vents are gloss black from air designs but has a Ford part number. Would really like to get the ones from the 20 and up Roush to complete the look but not sure if they sell them.

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
You

Nothing to be too concerned with especially if you have a manual transmission. Even if you have a auto your Speedo will be off a bit and your transmission may shift a bit early because the revs per mile in the calibration was not set for that size tire but you should have no issues. I would definitely have the tire size adjusted in the tune if you have the auto when ever you get a chance.
Thank you. I will be scheduling for the recalibration.

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
Can anyone help me with what this is?

Driver side making air leaking noise and wondering if this is a vacuum leak.

Would be great if yall can assist me with this.
Thanks!

Last edited:

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I have the same hood vents by air design, sold and installed by the dealer on new car. They don't add any additional heat extraction as the openings in the hood remain stock. I really like the looks though. šŸ˜Š
Couple pics with them here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/twister-orange-s550-mustang-thread.123415/post-3344173

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
^^
Looks fantastic!
Not sure I'm a fan of the side vents though. I think I would have to have them painted to match my car so they didn't stand out so much. Looks good on the white though.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Not sure I'm a fan of the side vents though. I think I would have to have them painted to match my car so they didn't stand out so much. Looks good on the white though.
I think they look killer on the white.
The side vents grew on me. After a little while. LOL

WOTPULLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 and 2015 Mustang GT, Roush Supercharged,
Anyone have an idea what this could be?
do you have any codes? its hard to tell on video but these cars normally sound "vacuumey" at idle if that makes sense haha. the lines on the side of the blower with zip ties on them usually have constant tension clamps on them but i dont think thats where any noise is coming from.

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
do you have any codes? its hard to tell on video but these cars normally sound "vacuumey" at idle if that makes sense haha. the lines on the side of the blower with zip ties on them usually have constant tension clamps on them but i dont think thats where any noise is coming from.
No codes, no rough idle. I thought it was some sort of vacuum leak and based on the gauge it was showing 19 inhg at idle, 8~12 at partial load, 0-3 at WOT, 21 when let off.

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
Anyone have an idea what this could be?
I'm stock, and I heard that noise one time and I swore it was a vacuum leak. Full vacuum at idle, no issues and it never really made that sound again. These engines make all sorts of sounds at different times. Ahh well...

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Question on exhaust, hope few people here can share their experience - I have active exhaust and ordered the H pipe recently but have not installed yet. There's plenty of videos for before/after sound on NA cars, but I cannot seem to find any good ones for supercharged mustangs. I'm wondering how much louder would it get in quiet or normal modes and how manageable is the highway driving after install? I understand that Sport/Track will be even more awesome, but the car is used for longer travel as well and I don't want to end up with some drone or annoying hum when just cruising. Having second thoughts on installation and hope that someone can advise.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Question on exhaust, hope few people here can share their experience - I have active exhaust and ordered the H pipe recently but have not installed yet. There's plenty of videos for before/after sound on NA cars, but I cannot seem to find any good ones for supercharged mustangs. I'm wondering how much louder would it get in quiet or normal modes and how manageable is the highway driving after install? I understand that Sport/Track will be even more awesome, but the car is used for longer travel as well and I don't want to end up with some drone or annoying hum when just cruising. Having second thoughts on installation and hope that someone can advise.
I had the Roush x-pipe installed when I had the SCer installed and I enjoyed the upgraded sound. I usually drove in track mode and had no drone at all. Even with my new setup LTHā€™s and no cats I have no real drone that I notice when just cruising now when you hit the skinny pedal itā€™s a completely different story.