Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
I have a 2018 GT with a phase 2 kit installed, only thing done is H pipe. I just had the check engine light pop up on the way to have emissions done come to find out I have a p0420 code. The car has 32,600 miles, has anyone else got this code at such a low mileage? The kit has been on the cR for about 20k miles. Could it be the O2 sensor or might it be the cat. Really don't run the car hard maybe once in a while.
As others have said, not uncommon. I just got mine back with a new cat under warranty at 18000 miles. Mine is an 18 that was phase 1, but I had them upgrade it to a phase 2 while it was in the shop.

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
Of course as is my luck. Back to the dealership next week. I will be going to a different and a lot closer dealership this time though. The differential is leaking and i have a driveline vibration above 80 mph. With the 235 rear tires i cant imagine that it hooked hard enough to break anything. Im guessing what ever the vibration is has been bad enough that it wore out the pinion seal. I noticed a few drops on my driveway and confirmed it when the car was on the lift getting and oil change. hopefully they can diag it quickly and ill bring the car home until they get what ever parts they need.

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
This is the noise that I am referring to @brucelinc
this video is my 21 that I have now

This is the video from my previous 20.

I could easily tell that the noise a lot louder on my 21. Better off asking Roush or does it look okay?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
This is the noise that I am referring to @brucelinc
this video is my 21 that I have now

This is the video from my previous 20.

I could easily tell that the noise a lot louder on my 21. Better off asking Roush or does it look okay?
OK, big difference. Mine sounded like your 2020. I would definitely ask a tech about the 21. It is a different sound for sure.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Of course as is my luck. Back to the dealership next week. I will be going to a different and a lot closer dealership this time though. The differential is leaking and i have a driveline vibration above 80 mph. With the 235 rear tires i cant imagine that it hooked hard enough to break anything. Im guessing what ever the vibration is has been bad enough that it wore out the pinion seal. I noticed a few drops on my driveway and confirmed it when the car was on the lift getting and oil change. hopefully they can diag it quickly and ill bring the car home until they get what ever parts they need.
I saw you posted this on FB! Leave it up you to have even more issues than what you e had to deal with. I don’t even know what more to say about all this.

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
I saw you posted this on FB! Leave it up you to have even more issues than what you e had to deal with. I don’t even know what more to say about all this.
At least I got a chance to burn some of the tires off this time lol.

Maybe grabber yellow should be called lemon yellow lol

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
Wheels and tires are coming. Planning to do some suspension mods but I am not sure where to start. Spring and stop the hop kit is what I am planning to do. Any additional mods yall recommend?

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
20211108_175354.jpg

Well I was hoping to find time to get to the track before I shared the dyno numbers. Obviously that didn't happen this year. I will get to the track as soon as I can next year when it opens again. The car made 750whp and 621 wtq on E85. This is with the stock pulley and making about 10psi. The 93 oct tune was really just a rescale for the injectors so I'm sure there is room for improvement. 93 is 653whp and 566wtq. The car feels much faster and the iat2 is no longer an issue on E85.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
20211108_175354.jpg

Well I was hoping to find time to get to the track before I shared the dyno numbers. Obviously that didn't happen this year. I will get to the track as soon as I can next year when it opens again. The car made 750whp and 621 wtq on E85. This is with the stock pulley and making about 10psi. The 93 oct tune was really just a rescale for the injectors so I'm sure there is room for improvement. 93 is 653whp and 566wtq. The car feels much faster and the iat2 is no longer an issue on E85.
Wow, that is very impressive.
What mods/whom tuned?

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
Wow, that is very impressive.
What mods/whom tuned?
I was tuned on a dyno here in Michigan but PBD is the tuner. The mods are just the basic bolt ons. I have Kooks 2" primary headers and Kooks catback x-pipe exhaust. ID1050x injectors and a custom fuel system I built using a Deatchwerks x2 fuel hat. Two DW400 pumps -8 feed -6 to stock feed for return.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I was tuned on a dyno here in Michigan but PBD is the tuner. The mods are just the basic bolt ons. I have Kooks 2" primary headers and Kooks catback x-pipe exhaust. ID1050x injectors and a custom fuel system I built using a Deatchwerks x2 fuel hat. Two DW400 pumps -8 feed -6 to stock feed for return.
Badass numbers! What do you think about the drivability of your tune from PBD? Do you daily it?

(I think the insane part of this is that E85 is worth almost 100 ponies with your mods. I have the same. E85 is coming soon for me I have a feeling..)

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
Badass numbers! What do you think about the drivability of your tune from PBD? Do you daily it?

(I think the insane part of this is that E85 is worth almost 100 ponies with your mods. I have the same. E85 is coming soon for me I have a feeling..)
I daily the car in the summer. The driveability is really good. I don't have any complaints about how it drives. The shifts are very firm unless you are driving very easy. I like the shifts that way though. Wide open the car is an absolute beast. My goal for the car was always to be at 750whp I'm very happy with how it performs just wish I would have got a chance to get track numbers also this year.