Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Here is a video from Brenspeed on a 2021 Mustang GT Convertible Auto with the Roush Phase 2 kit and no other mods on 93 octane with a drag radial.

648hp
547tq

10.69 1/4 mile @ 129

That’s impressive!

The air must have been really good for that run.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Here is a video from Brenspeed on a 2021 Mustang GT Convertible Auto with the Roush Phase 2 kit and no other mods on 93 octane with a drag radial.

648hp
547tq

10.69 1/4 mile @ 129

That’s impressive!

950B3447-E621-40C9-AAB9-F4B1A4FDF2EF.png
Bad ass!!
👍 🤘

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Hoping to dyno and get a tune shortly but we shall see. Just installed a Borla Type S Catback. Car has LTH headers as well. Probably needs new tires but I plan to hit the track before then.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Hoping to dyno and get a tune shortly but we shall see. Just installed a Borla Type S Catback. Car has LTH headers as well. Probably needs new tires but I plan to hit the track before then.

Sounds great! 🤘

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Happy to report that I've had my Roush Phase 2 installed about 3 weeks ago on my 21 vert and it runs fantastic. Very happy with my decision.
That's awesome man.
Is your car an auto or manual? How many mile have you put on since the install? Last question,......lol,........who did the install?

Richfl01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt convertible
That's awesome man.
Is your car an auto or manual? How many mile have you put on since the install? Last question,......lol,........who did the install?
Even though its my daily...I am retired so I don't drive that much...probably have put on 200 - 250 miles since install. Its a auto car, shifts so much better. I had it put on by Sarasota Ford...they have one specific master tech that does these installs...super nice guy...he installs all brands of superchargers. Really great experience.

Qu8Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2018 GT with a phase 2 kit installed, only thing done is H pipe. I just had the check engine light pop up on the way to have emissions done come to find out I have a p0420 code. The car has 32,600 miles, has anyone else got this code at such a low mileage? The kit has been on the cR for about 20k miles. Could it be the O2 sensor or might it be the cat. Really don't run the car hard maybe once in a while.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2018 GT with a phase 2 kit installed, only thing done is H pipe. I just had the check engine light pop up on the way to have emissions done come to find out I have a p0420 code. The car has 32,600 miles, has anyone else got this code at such a low mileage? The kit has been on the cR for about 20k miles. Could it be the O2 sensor or might it be the cat. Really don't run the car hard maybe once in a while.
My cats went out at 7000 miles on my 2018 with the same kit.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

I had P0420 & P0430 codes and they replaced both cats under warranty. There is actually a TSB out from Ford for catalytic converter issues on 2018 and early build 2019 Mustangs.

Make sure you are running the latest calibration from Roush because there were some issues in earlier calibrations that address this issue also.

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
Got the car back from the dealer!!!! Couple issues tho. Since I had 20 with the same set up, I do know slight whisling noise is normal but, this time it was really loud and sounded abnormal. Whistling noise seemed like it's coming from the blower. Spoke with the tech and I was told it's not a concerning noise. It happened during cold start and I can't hear it anymore. Will post vid if I can replicate. Anyone had this issue before?

Car drives like it should be other than the noise I had during cold start.

Also, anyone told we need a break in for the supercharger it self???? He was talking about the blower not the motor

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Got the car back from the dealer!!!! Couple issues tho. Since I had 20 with the same set up, I do know slight whisling noise is normal but, this time it was really loud and sounded abnormal. Whistling noise seemed like it's coming from the blower. Spoke with the tech and I was told it's not a concerning noise. It happened during cold start and I can't hear it anymore. Will post vid if I can replicate. Anyone had this issue before?

Car drives like it should be other than the noise I had during cold start.

Also, anyone told we need a break in for the supercharger it self???? He was talking about the blower not the motor
Mine made a whistle noise when cold. After warming up, no noise at all.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Nope.. Never heard that about this kit. I took mine to the strip within a couple hundred miles of the blower install on both of my cars.. No issues in 21,000 combined miles after beating the crap out of the engines and the blower (without break-in).

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
Mine made a whistle noise when cold. After warming up, no noise at all.
I am not sure if you heard the same noise but it was more like whistling noise + grinding noise from the blower.

I think I know the noise you are talking about. I had the same noise on my 20. This one is different. I'll try to post a vid if I can replicate.