Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
Gladly my kit will arriving either next Monday or Tuesday. Will I be likely receive the updated tune for the 21 or previous tune with engine light???????

Richfl01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt convertible
Gladly my kit will arriving either next Monday or Tuesday. Will I be likely receive the updated tune for the 21 or previous tune with engine light???????
Not sure what you are asking...but if your question is will you get the most recent tune, the answer is yes.

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
Does anyone know which spark plugs were supposed to come with the supercharger kit? Mine was originally a phase 1 and the plugs have the part number CYFS092YPT3 on them. I cross referenced these to the Ford Performance part number M-12405-35T . From what I've seen, I should be running M-12405-M50 or M-12405-M50A. My understanding is the kit came with colder than factory spark plugs, so did Roush start sending the 35T plugs along, or did the dealership swap out the wrong plugs? I'm wondering if I shouldn't switch to the M50A. Any insight into what parts I'm supposed to have?

TonyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, Roush Stage 2 SC kit, Roush axel back / x-pipe, chin splitter, aero foil and side scoops, GT350R wheels
Does anyone know which spark plugs were supposed to come with the supercharger kit? Mine was originally a phase 1 and the plugs have the part number CYFS092YPT3 on them. I cross referenced these to the Ford Performance part number M-12405-35T . From what I've seen, I should be running M-12405-M50 or M-12405-M50A. My understanding is the kit came with colder than factory spark plugs, so did Roush start sending the 35T plugs along, or did the dealership swap out the wrong plugs? I'm wondering if I shouldn't switch to the M50A. Any insight into what parts I'm supposed to have?
Spark Plug (Pack of 8) M-12405-M50A
From the install pdf on the website
2018-2021 ROUSH Mustang Supercharger Kit - Phase 2 750HP | ROUSH Performance

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
Ford finally called me back over this headache. Their only offer is to give me their extended warranty plan taking me out to 75K miles. I really wish roush would step up and offer me some sort of compensation since i didnt have my car for 4 1/2 months.

Richfl01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt convertible
Ford finally called me back over this headache. Their only offer is to give me their extended warranty plan taking me out to 75K miles. I really wish roush would step up and offer me some sort of compensation since i didnt have my car for 4 1/2 months.
I am glad to hear your car has been finally worked out.

Having a 75k mile extended warranty on a supercharged car is pretty good...take what you can get.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Ford will not warranty anything powertrain related even with a Roush supercharger. Roush would have to step up with that type or warranty, and if Roush ever does offer something like that make sure you get that bad boy in writing. You definitely should have received some form of payment reimbursement for that whole debacle. Tindol should have even offered some free oil changes for their part in this.

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
Ford will not warranty anything powertrain related even with a Roush supercharger. Roush would have to step up with that type or warranty, and if Roush ever does offer something like that make sure you get that bad boy in writing. You definitely should have received some form of payment reimbursement for that whole debacle. Tindol should have even offered some free oil changes for their part in this.
Hopefully i never see tindol again. To be honest I wouldnt even trust them to do an oil change. Im sure they would use the wrong oil. Hell for the first 45 days they were chasing the cold start as a rough idle issue which i never once said was an issue. I do have a friend that owns an independent shop that will probably handle oil changes for me, only because i want it documented incase anything ever happens. It is a euro based shop though lol. He is a racer at heart and has a few cars that would leave this one at the line. Hes the one that was dying to get his hands on it to tune.

Thanks everyone for the support during this and putting up with my ranting. hopefully this has paved the way for any others that have the issue and maybe even helped some of the aftermarket tuners.

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The M-12405-M50A spark plugs showed up today and they are marked the same as what I took out. That makes me feel better that they put the right plugs in. They were, however, WAY overtightened. The instructions call for somewhere around 133 in*lb and these were significantly tighter than that. I was a little nervous with how much torque it took to get them out, but fortunately they didn't do any harm.

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As another follow up, I figured out the pinging noise. My ears fooled me and it was a modification I had made to the exhaust. I've got the Roush active ready exhaust and in order to quiet it down a bit I put restrictors in the active outlet. I had issues previously with restrictor setup making rattling noises. I had fixed it, but apparently the new hp level made it return and sound like it was pinging. I took them out this afternoon and no more noises (except louder exhaust). I feel better, but also a bit of a "duh" moment. If I ever want to teach someone what detonation sounds like, I'll just have to put that setup back in the car and floor it.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
As another follow up, I figured out the pinging noise. My ears fooled me and it was a modification I had made to the exhaust. I've got the Roush active ready exhaust and in order to quiet it down a bit I put restrictors in the active outlet. I had issues previously with restrictor setup making rattling noises. I had fixed it, but apparently the new hp level made it return and sound like it was pinging. I took them out this afternoon and no more noises (except louder exhaust). I feel better, but also a bit of a "duh" moment. If I ever want to teach someone what detonation sounds like, I'll just have to put that setup back in the car and floor it.
Had Borla Sport Catback on 1st GT with Active exhaust. For the Roush, put on Borla European Sport CAT. Much larger resonator on back section. Very mellow until you put your foot into it. For me, perfect sound level especially for my abused hearing.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Took the exhaust off to install a Borla type s.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
On a side note. My car developed a *rattle* from below the car before I installed the exhaust. I took the stock AE off and there is something in the resonator that rattles like fuck. Car sounded screwed up for quite awhile. Cold starts were embarrassing because it clanged ridiculously. Going to cut up the resonator to figure out what it is. I have headers on the car so I figure it may have broke something loose with the heat.. Update coming soon.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Here is a video from Brenspeed on a 2021 Mustang GT Convertible Auto with the Roush Phase 2 kit and no other mods on 93 octane with a drag radial.

648hp
547tq

10.69 1/4 mile @ 129

That’s impressive!

950B3447-E621-40C9-AAB9-F4B1A4FDF2EF.png

Last edited: