Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
NT555Rii's work well on stock wheels....
I love my stock-size nt555rii but I have to say be CAREFUL if there’s any standing water at all. I had it step out unexpectedly while driving gently. Scared the crap out of me and advance track stepped in to help.

They are light-years ahead of the stock PS4S in dry traction.

Last edited:

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I would much rather have a good set of tires like the 555rii than all the suspension bandaids from Steeda and BMR combined.
100%

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Agreed tire is your most important first step before suspension tweeks. For the street you’ll appreciate the ride and handling of the stock suspension and the dramatic improvement in traction with a Nitto 555R2 on the back.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I love my stock-size nt555rii but I have to say be CAREFUL. If there’s any standing water at all. I had it step out unexpectedly while driving gently. Scared the crap out of me and advance track stepped in to help.

i borrowed my sisters truck to elk hunt this last week and traded her my mustang. I thought about swapping back to my stock rims and tires so she didn’t scratch my custom rims because I thought, “she’ll never punch it.” Glad I didn’t because I was wrong. The custom rims have 555r2’s for reference. She had a gt350 antagonizing her so she floored it and dusted him from behind.

She is 50 and has never driven a car with over 350hp. Happy she doesn’t know how to change drive modes!! Thank God for TC! :)

I did explain to her she had to take driveways at an angle and not to wash my car!

she did call to ask why the tires were at 22 psi though :p

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I 100% agree tires are important too, they are on the list but my car is my dd and the sc isn’t going to change that. Being in Indiana, November-February I can’t run the summer tires due to temperatures. Haven’t decided what route to go yet, need 11” wide rims first, thinking about trying the new as3+ in the 305-325 range, down the road get a second set of rims and swap out in the summer for some ps4s or nittos like y’all mentioned.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I got caught in a rain storm that was so hard, the interstate traffic was moving at 35 mph. I switched to Weather mode and didn't have any problems, even when the speeds increased to about 60 mph. I didn't want to push it though. I have about 3500 miles and I'm back to spinning through 2nd gear and well into the shift after 3rd. Still a great tire but I might set a record with how few miles I get out of them.

I love my stock-size nt555rii but I have to say be CAREFUL if there’s any standing water at all. I had it step out unexpectedly while driving gently. Scared the crap out of me and advance track stepped in to help.

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
I have a question for the phase 2 people. How long does it take for the tune to back off the timing? I was running 91 octane mixed with 100 octane (which should have netted about 93), but it still wanted to ping. It seems like it may have calmed down a bit, but it still wants to ping if you floor it. I've got a 30 gallon barrel of 100 octane coming later this week, but today the mix I had was all I could do. I just got the tune put in on Friday and today was the first time I really had a chance to try to open it up. There's a noticeable difference between the 700 and 750 tunes. My 305 Falkens in 50 degree weather are no match for the power.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I never EVER heard pinging or had any evidence of spark knock on 93 with my phase 2 tune.

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I never EVER heard pinging or had any evidence of spark knock on 93 with my phase 2 tune.
I'm glad to hear that, but at the same time wondering why mine is appearing to be that sensitive. Having only 91 octane available at the pump locally might be a bit of a PITA. I think the nearest usable 93 octane pump is about 2 hours away. I'll see what it does once I get known 93+ in it. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to check and make sure it's had the colder plugs put in it, too.

jhunt47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Y
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Never had any pinging either but I use the same station every time shell. I used this place while getting my other mustang I put a supercharger on. The tuner never mentioned seeing knock and told me to stay with the gas station I was using.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
The pcm will retard timing way before knock becomes audible. I have my doubts what you are hearing is spark knock. Put a scanner on it and watch what knock retard is doing.

Last edited:

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The pcm will retard timing way before knock becomes audible. I have my doubts what you are hearing is spark knock. Put a scanner on it and watch what knock reread is doing.
I'll have to try the scanner and see if it says anything. My ears have nearly 50 years of listening to engines under load, and I don't know what other phenomenon this would be. It's only under heavy load and very typical of what I'm used to hearing for detonation. The 700hp tune never did this. BTW, my ears have been deceived before, so I'm willing to entertain other theories of what it could be. I just mainly want to make sure I'm not somehow damaging the engine.
Wonder if u r hearing the 2k rattle amd not pinging
Definitely not the 2k rattle. The injection pump "rattle" is under low load conditions and this is only under heavy load. My car has the typical 2k noise, and this is completely different.