Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Richfl01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt convertible
well so far so good.
Did a couple highway pulls and ducked down some side roads and did some there. no light...........yet.
Tindol Ford did call me right at 1130 to say the car was ready and wanted to know how far away i was. i told them i was right across the street eating pizza and i would be over in 10 min. Lucky me they also informed me that they put some gas in. They filled it to half a tank oh man what a blessing since i turned it in with over 3/4 and they ran it down to empty a few times. Even better news they were charging that to roush so i wouldn't have to pay for it. Same with the "hand wash" that was "off site" it was billed to roush oh man two blessings in one day.

so here is the funny part right next door to them is a sams (drive through style) car wash. I though well she did say hand wash so maybe they actually did take it somewhere else. when she gave me the keys I started the car up and looked at the temp guage. The guage barely moved off the C.

In all hopefully this is a wrap and you guys dont have to here me rant about the crappy service from tindol and roush anymore.
Good for you. Got my Roush sc installed last week and picked up on Saturday...very happy with the fit/finish and power.

jchamp922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
All I can do is throw my hands up and say WTF.
So after watching my gas go down and miles go up on the ford pass app I waited till 3pm to call the dealership to see if the car is ready. It hadn't moved since 10 am and roush was confident the new tune was the fix.
I can the service writer on the phone and she puts me on hold and says she has to page the tech and find out. After 5 min she comes back and says car is not ready. That the tune worked on the roush stage 3 car but my car didnt like it. They sent data to roush and were waiting to here back from them. So I call roush immediately. At this point I'm pissed and I'm going to want answers and hard time lines. Not the standard there will be a meeting on friday crap they have been feeding me. The roush rep is confused and say no your car is good to go and you can pick it up now. I told him what the service writer old me and he said that's incorrect. He said the last communication he had with the tech was around 9 am and he told him the data looked good.
So obviously someone is full of BS here.

I get a call back from the dealership saying ok car is ready. But I cznt pick it up cause they need to send it offsite for a hand wash. I said ok I will be there first thing in the morning. She told me no earlier than 1130.......

This whole ordeal has been a mess and a good example of poor service.

So tomorrow I get the car back I'm doubtful the check engine light will stay away.
Good luck. Hope everything is fixed now.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
well so far so good.
Did a couple highway pulls and ducked down some side roads and did some there. no light...........yet.
Tindol Ford did call me right at 1130 to say the car was ready and wanted to know how far away i was. i told them i was right across the street eating pizza and i would be over in 10 min. Lucky me they also informed me that they put some gas in. They filled it to half a tank oh man what a blessing since i turned it in with over 3/4 and they ran it down to empty a few times. Even better news they were charging that to roush so i wouldn't have to pay for it. Same with the "hand wash" that was "off site" it was billed to roush oh man two blessings in one day.

so here is the funny part right next door to them is a sams (drive through style) car wash. I though well she did say hand wash so maybe they actually did take it somewhere else. when she gave me the keys I started the car up and looked at the temp guage. The guage barely moved off the C.

In all hopefully this is a wrap and you guys dont have to here me rant about the crappy service from tindol and roush anymore.
Good luck man.
I hope that is the end of the issues!

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Nothing will make up for the aggravation and time lost with your car, so hopefully you can finally enjoy it. How bad did you gap the Scat Pack?

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
Nothing will make up for the aggravation and time lost with your car, so hopefully you can finally enjoy it. How bad did you gap the Scat Pack?
about a car length, it was a short stop light to stop light run. Im still on skinny tires so i didnt go WOT.

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
about a car length, it was a short stop light to stop light run. Im still on skinny tires so i didnt go WOT.
What tires are you on and how bad is traction now? Any suspension mods? Iā€™m on Michelin as3+ 275ā€™s and have slowly been acquiring steeda goodies. Started with the starter stop the hop then added the adjustable diff bushing, spherical lca bearings, and delrin vertical links. Leaving the stock pp1 toe links for now. Hoping only 1st and 2nd will be useless and not 3rd lol

jchamp922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
What tires are you on and how bad is traction now? Any suspension mods? Iā€™m on Michelin as3+ 275ā€™s and have slowly been acquiring steeda goodies. Started with the starter stop the hop then added the adjustable diff bushing, spherical lca bearings, and delrin vertical links. Leaving the stock pp1 toe links for now. Hoping only 1st and 2nd will be useless and not 3rd lol
You should purchase the steeda sub frame connectors as well

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
You should purchase the steeda sub frame connectors as well
Those are included in the stop the hop starter kit or are we talking about 2 different things?

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
No they are included in the full stop the hop kit thou.
4FF1345F-0407-435D-9203-558A451900A0.jpeg
If weā€™re talking about the irs cradle braces, those are included in the starter kit. Again if weā€™re talking about 2 different braces, Iā€™m lost, please advise lol.

26A91012-F601-4086-B9F9-19F47275C4C3.png

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
If weā€™re talking about the irs cradle braces, those are included in the starter kit. Again if weā€™re talking about 2 different braces, Iā€™m lost, please advise lol.

26A91012-F601-4086-B9F9-19F47275C4C3.png
You are correct the base kit comes with them.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Those tires can't even hook NA power. I'd look at upgrading your rears asap before additional suspension mods.

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
I just got back from the dealership and the catalytic converter issue is now resolved. They replaced the driver's side cat under warranty. They said Ford covered it. While they were working on it I had them install the phase 2 tune. My initial impression is that I'll want to make sure I've got an equivalent of 93 or higher octane in it when I start getting into the power. It was wanting to knock a bit with the 91 octane I have in it. I'm sure it'll be more particular than it was with the 700hp tune. Just for fun I reset the mpg gauge when I left the dealership. My 2 hour trip home netted a reading of 29mpg (more like 28 if calculated). Not too bad.