Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
Seems like UPR has made a oil separator kits for our Roush application. Has anyone installed it? When I did mine back in 20, there was a slight modification needed. Wondering if this one will be direct bolt on.

WOTPULLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 and 2015 Mustang GT, Roush Supercharged,
Seems like UPR has made a oil separator kits for our Roush application. Has anyone installed it? When I did mine back in 20, there was a slight modification needed. Wondering if this one will be direct bolt on.
seems like a bad idea to plug the only drain in the intake manifold for oil to escape. Roush specifically puts that drain tube there in case any oil is collected in the lower bowl, it recirculates it and disperses it to be burnt by the engine. With the UPR can, any additional oil it doesn't catch will sit in the lower bowl theoretically . Maybe they can guarantee it catches enough for this to not be an issue, but i wouldn't want to do that on my car. Both my cars maintains the drain.

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
seems like a bad idea to plug the only drain in the intake manifold for oil to escape. Roush specifically puts that drain tube there in case any oil is collected in the lower bowl, it recirculates it and disperses it to be burnt by the engine. With the UPR can, any additional oil it doesn't catch will sit in the lower bowl theoretically . Maybe they can guarantee it catches enough for this to not be an issue, but i wouldn't want to do that on my car. Both my cars maintains the drain.
Never heard of this before... I think couple of Roush owners in this forum is running UPR catch can.

WOTPULLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never heard of this before... I think couple of Roush owners in this forum is running UPR catch can.
yeah i'm sure there are plenty of people that run it. just in my opinion its deleting something that was purposely put there.

gtcs20148

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
1634741782744.png

Not quite sure what I need to add... Can yall recommend?
I just ordered this kit myself. Have not had it delivered yet. I went just standard across the board. Did not add any of the additional items.

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
All I can do is throw my hands up and say WTF.
So after watching my gas go down and miles go up on the ford pass app I waited till 3pm to call the dealership to see if the car is ready. It hadn't moved since 10 am and roush was confident the new tune was the fix.
I can the service writer on the phone and she puts me on hold and says she has to page the tech and find out. After 5 min she comes back and says car is not ready. That the tune worked on the roush stage 3 car but my car didnt like it. They sent data to roush and were waiting to here back from them. So I call roush immediately. At this point I'm pissed and I'm going to want answers and hard time lines. Not the standard there will be a meeting on friday crap they have been feeding me. The roush rep is confused and say no your car is good to go and you can pick it up now. I told him what the service writer old me and he said that's incorrect. He said the last communication he had with the tech was around 9 am and he told him the data looked good.
So obviously someone is full of BS here.

I get a call back from the dealership saying ok car is ready. But I cznt pick it up cause they need to send it offsite for a hand wash. I said ok I will be there first thing in the morning. She told me no earlier than 1130.......

This whole ordeal has been a mess and a good example of poor service.

So tomorrow I get the car back I'm doubtful the check engine light will stay away.

gtcs20148

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
So after watching my gas go down and miles go up on the ford pass app I waited till 3pm to call the dealership to see if the car is ready. It hadn't moved since 10 am and roush was confident the new tune was the fix.
I can the service writer on the phone and she puts me on hold and says she has to page the tech and find out. After 5 min she comes back and says car is not ready. That the tune worked on the roush stage 3 car but my car didnt like it. They sent data to roush and were waiting to here back from them. So I call roush immediately. At this point I'm pissed and I'm going to want answers and hard time lines. Not the standard there will be a meeting on friday crap they have been feeding me. The roush rep is confused and say no your car is good to go and you can pick it up now. I told him what the service writer old me and he said that's incorrect. He said the last communication he had with the tech was around 9 am and he told him the data looked good.

I get a call back from the dealership saying ok car is ready. But I cznt pick it up cause they need to send it offsite for a hand wash. I said ok I will be there first thing in the morning. She told me no earlier than 1130.......

So tomorrow I get the car back I'm doubtful the check engine light will stay away.
Man, I hope they have it fixed for you! I honestly canā€™t imagine going through your situation. Good luck!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3

Good luck man.
I hope your car is all set and good to go. Best of luck.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I would have said heck no to their off-site wash. With the luck you've had with them, it is liable to come back a different color and with a million swirl marks.

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Does anyone know if thereā€™s a place to thread a temperature probe in the intercooler or heat exchanger? Also, will the iat read out in the dash be pre or post boost when I get it back from roush?

tucaz, you have way more patients than I. I canā€™t stand the fact someone else will be working on and driving my car, let alone idiots that are jacking you around. Youā€™re not dealing with the Greenwood, IN roush, are you?!

WOTPULLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know if thereā€™s a place to thread a temperature probe in the intercooler or heat exchanger? Also, will the iat read out in the dash be pre or post boost when I get it back from roush?

tucaz, you have way more patients than I. I canā€™t stand the fact someone else will be working on and driving my car, let alone idiots that are jacking you around. Youā€™re not dealing with the Greenwood, IN roush, are you?!
there is already a temp sensor in the car, you can just read "IAT2" it is post intercooler.

if you wanted to add your own, there's a NPT port on the passenger side near cyl 3 that is used for a boost gauge tap, but if its open you could put whatever you want in there.
NPT PORT.jpg

"IAT" on the dash is still IAT pre supercharger. i dont think there's a way to change it maybe with forscan or something? I have never tried on a 2018+

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
there is already a temp sensor in the car, you can just read "IAT2" it is post intercooler.

if you wanted to add your own, there's a NPT port on the passenger side near cyl 3 that is used for a boost gauge tap, but if its open you could put whatever you want in there.
NPT PORT.jpg

"IAT" on the dash is still IAT pre supercharger. i dont think there's a way to change it maybe with forscan or something? I have never tried on a 2018+
Thanks for the tip on the boost port. Will remember that if I canā€™t get the iat2 to read on the dash. Anyone able to enlighten me on getting the dash to display iat2? I decided on the base equipment group (201a?) so I could have analog gauges, not sure if that would effect how difficult it would be to switch to the iat2 sensor over the digital display.

After I get the car back Iā€™m wanting to be able to watch the coolant temp for the intercooler also. Any npt ports on that side of the system? Or would you happen to know what size the hoses are from the intercooler to heat exchanger?

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
well so far so good.
Did a couple highway pulls and ducked down some side roads and did some there. no light...........yet.
Tindol Ford did call me right at 1130 to say the car was ready and wanted to know how far away i was. i told them i was right across the street eating pizza and i would be over in 10 min. Lucky me they also informed me that they put some gas in. They filled it to half a tank oh man what a blessing since i turned it in with over 3/4 and they ran it down to empty a few times. Even better news they were charging that to roush so i wouldn't have to pay for it. Same with the "hand wash" that was "off site" it was billed to roush oh man two blessings in one day.

so here is the funny part right next door to them is a sams (drive through style) car wash. I though well she did say hand wash so maybe they actually did take it somewhere else. when she gave me the keys I started the car up and looked at the temp guage. The guage barely moved off the C.

In all hopefully this is a wrap and you guys dont have to here me rant about the crappy service from tindol and roush anymore.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Thanks for the tip on the boost port. Will remember that if I canā€™t get the iat2 to read on the dash. Anyone able to enlighten me on getting the dash to display iat2? I decided on the base equipment group (201a?) so I could have analog gauges, not sure if that would effect how difficult it would be to switch to the iat2 sensor over the digital display.

After I get the car back Iā€™m wanting to be able to watch the coolant temp for the intercooler also. Any npt ports on that side of the system? Or would you happen to know what size the hoses are from the intercooler to heat exchanger?
I don't think there is a way to pit iat2 on the dashboard screen. At least I have not seen one.

If you get an external device like this one: https://www.amazon.com/OBDLink-Blue...bluetooth&qid=1634838377&sprefix=obd2+&sr=8-6

You get access to whole bunch of sensors data in your phone app. I have iat2, boost, coolant temp, cht, tire pressures as gauges on a single dashboard screen. There is also timing, fans indicators and etc. Some are calculated values, like boost, but whatever.

Last edited: