brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I am not looking for numbers as well.
It's my daily with couple street pulls. That is all for me. I decided Roush based on my circumstances, Daily+no hard-core racing+ warranty = Roush. But couple issues with 21s making me reconsider.
The Roush sounds perfect for you....IF they get the 2021 tune worked out.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Correct, If and when Roush gets the 21 tuning fixed.

i wouldn't buy a 21-22 if I jumped back in, I l’d go Certified 19-20 GT PP 301 with 3.55’s, Do a flex tune and run a Nitto DR.

Again good enough for most, However tracks are closing all over the US, PBIR is closing near me in April. So imho, drag racing is going away all be it slowly which is sad and I’m no street racer.

In the end its hard to part with my cash, I”ll continue add to the market to make me happy.

Maybe look for a convertible of somekind down the road, to keep me smiling on these beautiful Fl days

But in my heart, I’m a car guy so who knows for sure, a GT could end up in my driveway too….

Ahahahaha!!!

Last edited:

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
@Proshop @brucelinc Yall mentioned " if I had to do it all over again I would go different route." My 21 kit is not here yet and I believe it can be cancelled. Just like everyone else, my reason of going Roush is warranty. Do yall think it's still worth it for the 21 model year to go Roush route? Or consider going different? If so, what brand would yall recommend?? Whipple paxron?
The "warranty" is the same reason i bought the car and roush supercharger. To be honest i wasnt even in the market for a new car at the time. I figured with the HP numbers claimed and a factory warranty i couldnt go wrong.

The warranty means nothing if they cant solve the problem. First it was "we cant find anything wrong so we turned off the light if it comes back bring the car back"
It did come back and i returned to the dealership again. They kept telling me they have never seen this issue before and dont know what it could be. 45 days later i was told "the car was just confused, we reset the computer 5 times and your are all good now".
A few hours later i have the light again. going on 130 days now since i bought the car. 2 weeks in a row i get the same bullshit answer from roush that they are working on it. they finally admit that they have other cars doing the same thing.
During this process the dealership has done nothing but badmouth roush.

Fed up i contacted ford and asked for their assistance. I dint get a call back from them but when i explained the situation the person on the other end said "i dont know what a roush supercharger is" I explained that if this went on much longer i was going to have them buy the car back. i was told "that hardly ever happens". Rather than go off on the girl i just hung up.

so while a factory warranty is a nice security blanket it does not guarantee your car will be fixed quickly or efficiently.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The "warranty" is the same reason i bought the car and roush supercharger. To be honest i wasnt even in the market for a new car at the time. I figured with the HP numbers claimed and a factory warranty i couldnt go wrong.

The warranty means nothing if they cant solve the problem. First it was "we cant find anything wrong so we turned off the light if it comes back bring the car back"
It did come back and i returned to the dealership again. They kept telling me they have never seen this issue before and dont know what it could be. 45 days later i was told "the car was just confused, we reset the computer 5 times and your are all good now".
A few hours later i have the light again. going on 130 days now since i bought the car. 2 weeks in a row i get the same bullshit answer from roush that they are working on it. they finally admit that they have other cars doing the same thing.
During this process the dealership has done nothing but badmouth roush.

Fed up i contacted ford and asked for their assistance. I dint get a call back from them but when i explained the situation the person on the other end said "i dont know what a roush supercharger is" I explained that if this went on much longer i was going to have them buy the car back. i was told "that hardly ever happens". Rather than go off on the girl i just hung up.

so while a factory warranty is a nice security blanket it does not guarantee your car will be fixed quickly or efficiently.
I truly feel for you…

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
According to roush the new tune was uploaded to the server friday afternoon. If that is true it should be loaded onto my car and ready for pick up this afternoon. As of right now my car is still sitting with the same mileage and distance to empty that has been at for weeks.

Richfl01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt convertible
According to roush the new tune was uploaded to the server friday afternoon. If that is true it should be loaded onto my car and ready for pick up this afternoon. As of right now my car is still sitting with the same mileage and distance to empty that has been at for weeks.
May explain why my car, which I picked up on Saturday is running so well with no issues. Time will tell.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Correct, If and when Roush gets the 21 tuning fixed.

i wouldn't buy a 21-22 if I jumped back in, I l’d go Certified 19-20 GT PP 301 with 3.55’s, Do a flex tune and run a Nitto DR.

Again good enough for most, However tracks are closing all over the US, PBIR is closing near me in April. So imho, drag racing is going away all be it slowly which is sad and I’m no street racer.

In the end its hard to part with my cash, I”ll continue add to the market to make me happy.

Maybe look for a convertible of somekind down the road, to keep me smiling on these beautiful Fl days

But in my heart, I’m a car guy so who knows for sure, a GT could end up in my driveway too….

Ahahahaha!!!
That sucks about PBIR! Had no clue until you brought it up.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Why are the tracks closing down? Lack of funds or being forced to close?

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
There have been several tracks relatively close to me shut down in the last number of years. The close 1/8 mile track was because of lack of participation and a 1/4 mile strip shut down because of people complaining about noise. There's another one that may not be back next year because the lease is up and they're not sure anyone will pay up. There have been lots of noise complaints from people in new housing developments in the area, too. Heartland Park in Topeka, KS just about went away, too, because of $$$ (complicated story). They do seem to be keeping a relatively full schedule now at least. My drag racing friends say none of the strips are remotely as busy as what they used to be.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Are you saying there's a new tune available?

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
Are you saying there's a new tune available?
Thats what roush told me Monday morning. I will call back Tuesday to find out why it was not loaded to my car yet. I dont know that it will be a tune for the masses or a tune for the ones having the random misfire code.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
There have been several tracks relatively close to me shut down in the last number of years. The close 1/8 mile track was because of lack of participation and a 1/4 mile strip shut down because of people complaining about noise. There's another one that may not be back next year because the lease is up and they're not sure anyone will pay up. There have been lots of noise complaints from people in new housing developments in the area, too. Heartland Park in Topeka, KS just about went away, too, because of $$$ (complicated story). They do seem to be keeping a relatively full schedule now at least. My drag racing friends say none of the strips are remotely as busy as what they used to be.
Same people complaining about noise will be complaining about street racing soon....

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Thats what roush told me Monday morning. I will call back Tuesday to find out why it was not loaded to my car yet. I dont know that it will be a tune for the masses or a tune for the ones having the random misfire code.
Please let us know.

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
A phone call to roush today and they said they were actually on the phone with the tech loading the tune. I checked ford pass app and car was moved. Distance to empty slightly chaged, no chage to miles. No call from dealership and no road test miles driven.
Guess I will call roush for the 4th day in a row tomorrow.

Silence is no good. I can only guess something happened while loading the tune.